In about 50 years ? will be phased out.

Options

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    No answer still. Just say you are a follower and.you believe what other people tell you. Your atheist because.its controversial, the trend lol. Form your own thoughts my man.

But you're not a believer because of what you were told? okay. Not all atheists are atheists for trendy purposes. A lot of atheists aren't even accepted socially, especially in the south, the bible belt, and most black communities. A lot of atheists were raised theists and one day decided to think for themselves instead of being blind sheep

• Bodhi
    Options
    I don't follow a book or my parents. As a person I questioned why am I here what is my purpose. I sought out ? . My parents didn't line him up for me. The bible is hit and miss with me. Usually miss. I am not a Christian. I am spiritual. I don't have a religion. I believe religion separates us and causes too much ? for.no reason. Like I said no one on this board has proved evolution. It's just what one man said and people follow. if that is the case what's next for humans? Why can the most adaptive creature on this planet be squashed under my boot. Especially if they have been around A LOT longer than us.

1. How did you find "? "?
    2. What/who is "? ", to you?
    3. Tell/show me how we can observe your ?

• Bodhi
    edited June 2012
    Options
    YOUR beliefs are not YOURS. You believe what someone told you. You don't believe the science because YOU cannot come to that conclusion on your own. YOU let another man tell you there is no ? because you can't dispel it. FOH. I can understand agnostic people because they don't know.what to believe. But atheists follow a man's word like he birthed you....not surprised most atheists are also ? . Kanye shrug. FOH

Your beliefs are not yours either. Your beliefs aren't new. You let another man tell you there is a ? and you believed it, even to the point where you ignore facts presented against the notion. We call that brainwashed around here.
    not surprised most atheists are also ? . Kanye shrug. FOH

Says the man who wants to shrug like a brother that wears womens' shirts.

The church is full of homosexuals, apparently. How many times do wear of priests and pastors touching on boys? But you should know since you seem to know the ? community so well. Why is that, by the way?

• Bodhi
    Options
    Squall wrote: »
    Jaded, lol. Why aren't you on the Atheist experience with Matt Dillahunty, LOL.

never seen it

• Bodhi
    Options
    lol I should be on there. LMAO @ the end of the first video.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen some awesome bumper stickers, laughed my ass off. Some church lady was saying he should be ashamed of himself because of those stickers, and yet she can express her beliefs with "NOTW" and "No Jesus No Heaven, Know Jesus Know Heaven" ones. (he was just laughing, I said nice stickers and he gave me a thumbs up and she glared at me)

science_fish_bumper_sticker.jpg?height=160&width=160

Another said "if you can read this then thank early hominids" or something like that and the third I can't remember.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I don't follow a book or my parents. As a person I questioned why am I here what is my purpose. I sought out ? . My parents didn't line him up for me. The bible is hit and miss with me. Usually miss. I am not a Christian. I am spiritual. I don't have a religion. I believe religion separates us and causes too much ? for.no reason. Like I said no one on this board has proved evolution. It's just what one man said and people follow. if that is the case what's next for humans? Why can the most adaptive creature on this planet be squashed under my boot. Especially if they have been around A LOT longer than us.

You said that we're atheist because we think it's "cool" to go against something, your bolded is what "cool" religious people say. Actually, mostly Christians actually say that. They say it's "not a religion but a spiritual lifestyle". They also think religion is "bad because it's dividing".

So, so much for the "cool" thing you think us atheists are.
  • VIBE
    Options
    You non believers are pathetic

? is never leaving us deal with it

@texasboi409, how is this pathetic? Because you say so or...?

You said something about people believing in aliens and not ? , oh the irony....

Actually, it's the same thing but they're not gods or angels. They're misunderstood as such divine beings. So really, in reality, you're believing and worshiping aliens. (sky gods, from those who the heavens came, the star people etc..)
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dumb as hell....most of yall wont be around in 30 years much less 50...lol
  • VIBE
    Options
  • VIBE
    Options
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @fiat_money

Does the 2nd law of thermodynamics contradicts the Big Bang Theory?

One told me that Big Bang Theory isn't completely true.
    No.

The "singularity" would've been a low-entropy state, so the "Big Bang" theory is totally cool as far as that's concerned.

But remember, the "Big Bang" theory is still just a theory; I prefer the "Big Bounce" or the "Big Crunch" theory.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeh, the continuing expansion of the Universe is the observable phenomenon, and the "Big Bang" theory is a theory attempting to explain that phenomenon.
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at sky daddy and Santa clause in the same sentence as ? . Yea I'm sure that's why there are philosophers, scientists and professors who believe in ? . Pretty sure that wouldn't happen if it was comparable to the tooth fairy. Obviously there are very compelling reasons for believing. And at jaded, you answered the question by saying yes you would assume the rocks were placed there by someone, no need for your last statement.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Lol at sky daddy and Santa clause in the same sentence as ? . Yea I'm sure that's why there are philosophers, scientists and professors who believe in ? . Pretty sure that wouldn't happen if it was comparable to the tooth fairy. Obviously there are very compelling reasons for believing. And at jaded, you answered the question by saying yes you would assume the rocks were placed there by someone, no need for your last statement.

I said we would assume someone placed them there... BUT... ONLY... because our experience with rocks and nature is not the situation you described.

• Bodhi
    Options
    Yea I'm sure that's why there are philosophers, scientists and professors who believe in ? .

There are philosophers, scientists and professors who do not believe in ?

• judahxulu
    Options
    Yea I'm sure that's why there are philosophers, scientists and professors who believe in ? .

Exactly. The masses having blind faith in a supernatural being doesn't equate it being true.

neither does you equating everyones spiritual practice as "blind faith" in a "supernatural being"... ? is not that simple ? ...atheists are supposed to be so smart but why are most of yall so dumb you think ? = christianity. no way in hell youve debunked every single religion on earth so quit talking like u have because u see the obvious b.s. in christianity and the flaws in religious PEOPLES behavior

• VIBE
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »

Exactly. The masses having blind faith in a supernatural being doesn't equate it being true.

neither does you equating everyones spiritual practice as "blind faith" in a "supernatural being"... ? is not that simple ? ...atheists are supposed to be so smart but why are most of yall so dumb you think ? = christianity. no way in hell youve debunked every single religion on earth so quit talking like u have because u see the obvious b.s. in christianity and the flaws in religious PEOPLES behavior

Once you debunk one, you debunk all. It's simple though, debunk ? and it's over.
  • VIBE
    Options

That's silly, so because scientists, professors and other smart people who believe in ? make ? true?
  • judahxulu
    edited June 2012
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Once you debunk one, you debunk all. It's simple though, debunk ? and it's over.

? . for instance, some religions say that cows are gods; that men are gods. cows and men exist. you cannot prove or disprove occurences and lifeforms that science has not innovated instruments to measure. its an arrogant and childish cop out to say things dont exist because u have no means to guage them. not everyone says ? is in the same format. list 5 anyone has EVER debunked with all the evidence plainly laid out. its ? impossible. nobody prolly knows EVERYTHING BUT only a stupid muthafucka denies ? he has no way of proving or disproving.
  • VIBE
    Options

? . for instance, some religions say that cows are gods; that men are gods. cows and men exist. you cannot prove or disprove occurences and lifeforms that science has not innovated instruments to measure. its an arrogant and childish cop out to say things dont exist because u have no means to guage them. not everyone says ? is in the same format. list 5 anyone has EVER debunked with all the evidence plainly laid out. its ? impossible. nobody prolly knows EVERYTHING BUT only a stupid muthafucka denies ? he has no way of proving or disproving.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence
  • judahxulu
    Options

first of all...says who? thats not absolute truth in any wise. secondly i experienced Yahawah and know He exists. thats a testimony. testimonies are evidence. no testimony you can give can invalidate my subjective and objective experiences because my experiences within my consciousness cannot be accurately measured by any known scientific instrument.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    is that my fault or is perhaps your science and technology is not as proficient as you BELIEVE? make instruments to measure the unseen in totality and then mufuckas can come saying SCIENTIFICALLY and FACTUALY this is this and that is that...
  • VIBE
    Options

first of all...says who? thats not absolute truth in any wise. secondly i experienced Yahawah and know He exists. thats a testimony. testimonies are evidence. no testimony you can give can invalidate my subjective and objective experiences because my experiences within my consciousness cannot be accurately measured by any known scientific instrument.

The future holds this, one man is making a device which can read what the brain is seeing or experiencing, he says one day it will record dreams so you can watch them.

So I'm sure we will find and measure brains for everything.