Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    Squall wrote: »
    Yea I'm sure that's why there are philosophers, scientists and professors who believe in ? .

There are philosophers, scientists and professors who do not believe in ?

Exactly. The masses having blind faith in a supernatural being doesn't equate it being true.

neither does you equating everyones spiritual practice as "blind faith" in a "supernatural being"... ? is not that simple ? ...atheists are supposed to be so smart but why are most of yall so dumb you think ? = christianity. no way in hell youve debunked every single religion on earth so quit talking like u have because u see the obvious b.s. in christianity and the flaws in religious PEOPLES behavior

Once you debunk one, you debunk all. It's simple though, debunk ? and it's over.

? . for instance, some religions say that cows are gods; that men are gods. cows and men exist. you cannot prove or disprove occurences and lifeforms that science has not innovated instruments to measure. its an arrogant and childish cop out to say things dont exist because u have no means to guage them. not everyone says ? is in the same format. list 5 anyone has EVER debunked with all the evidence plainly laid out. its ? impossible. nobody prolly knows EVERYTHING BUT only a stupid muthafucka denies ? he has no way of proving or disproving.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence

first of all...says who? thats not absolute truth in any wise. secondly i experienced Yahawah and know He exists. thats a testimony. testimonies are evidence. no testimony you can give can invalidate my subjective and objective experiences because my experiences within my consciousness cannot be accurately measured by any known scientific instrument.

The future holds this, one man is making a device which can read what the brain is seeing or experiencing, he says one day it will record dreams so you can watch them.

So I'm sure we will find and measure brains for everything.

well the mysterious day that occurs is not pertinent to the matter at hand
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A testimony to explain ? is subjective.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so.....? subjective does not = false
  • VIBE
    Options
    It's not "proof" either.
  • VIBE
    Options
    500 years ago there wasn't an explanation for things, ? was inserted to explain this or that. People say, "bless you", when you sneeze because they thought demons were being expelled. That's silly. Do you still believe that now? Of course not.

“One must state it plainly. Religion comes from the period of human prehistory where nobody-not even the mighty Democritus who concluded that all matter was made from atoms-had the smallest idea what was going on. It comes from the bawling and fearful infancy of our species, and is a babyish attempt to meet our inescapable demand for knowledge (as well as for comfort, reassurance and other infantile needs). Today the least educated of my children knows much more about the natural order than any of the founders of religion, and one would like to think-though the connection is not a fully demonstrable one-that this is why they seem so uninterested in sending fellow humans to hell.”
    ― Christopher Hitchens
  • judahxulu
    Options
    It's not "proof" either.

if Gods motions are in the realm of ideas and inspiration then yes the ? it is....
    the result of applying subjective thought is proof as well.

• VIBE
    Options
    What makes ? real then? Where is he? What does he do? Biblically he was dropping dudes left and right, sending floods and playing chess. He was angry, salty and jealous and made his presence known and spoke to people. Where is that today?

See, ? and the idea of ? , will slowly fade. In 100-200 years he will be in the category of Big Foot and Nessie, a myth that few believe and will be looked at and laughed at.

? and gods were heavily believed in back then, life revolved around that, they sacrificed each other and did their religious thing from morning to night. Now? ? changed, it's come down to one ? and he is starting to fade.

We won't be here in 100-200 years, so it sucks that I can't prove anyone right. Maybe I'll write a book and do it that way.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I'm sure that's why there are philosophers, scientists and professors who believe in ? .

Exactly. The masses having blind faith in a supernatural being doesn't equate it being true.

neither does you equating everyones spiritual practice as "blind faith" in a "supernatural being"... ? is not that simple ? ...atheists are supposed to be so smart but why are most of yall so dumb you think ? = christianity. no way in hell youve debunked every single religion on earth so quit talking like u have because u see the obvious b.s. in christianity and the flaws in religious PEOPLES behavior

Once you debunk one, you debunk all. It's simple though, debunk ? and it's over.

Not exactly. Not all religions are theistic.

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

He said masses. We live in America which is mostly Christian. The chips just fall that way. If we lived in a Muslim country, most arguments would be Islam based. Christianity and Islam are the biggest religions/spiritual practices in the world, both being theistic and believing in a supernatural being, which is probably why he said what he said. However, most people when speaking of ? or gods are speaking of theism in general, not a specific religion, unless targeting or talking to a person directly.
    No, no one is claiming to have debunked all RELIGION, but instead, theism. For instance, I argue on that side you are so upset about. However, I follow a religion which is non theistic. No need to get angry.
  • KAMP_KAOS
    KAMP_KAOS Members Posts: 8
    Options
    It Won't Be 50 Yrs, But it's Highly Possible that it will Go away. If You Look at The Rest of The World There are Countries where Religion & Belief in ? are Very Low & If Atheism was a Religion it would be the Fastest Growing Religion in the History of Religions here in america. Check This Report norc.org/PDFs/Beliefs_about_? _Report.pdf And This One grisham.newsvine.com/_news/2012/01/17/10171259-comparing-least-religious-countries-with-most-religious-do-we-need-religion-to-thrive-as-a-society
  • judahxulu
    Options

? , if that's the case. I have an invisible dragon, it's invisible, intangible and it only talks to me. You cannot disprove it. SEE WHAT I DID THERE DERP DERP.
    thats not how it works. childish illegitmate analogy. weak.
  • maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    Options
    I Give it About 150 to 200 yrs