So I say we've been worshipping whatever ? our conquerors have told us to worship.

Options
moedays
moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
So you mean to tell me that before Europe invaded native lands across the globe and forced Christianity down their most of their throats, brutally by the way, all native were savages with no concept of ? or worship. I find that very hard to believe.

Speak on it.

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most times, they had their own concept of what or who ? or gods is or are. Study the crusades.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe the natives were savages...but to say they had no concept of a deity is another thing. Maybe, like the accusations of Europe, their perception of a deity has made them savages.
  • moedays
    Options
    Native people were just as in tune with spirituality and a "higher power" than the Christians were, if not more so.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    I always wondered how come when White people was converting slaves to Christians why wasn't the slave like we already know about Jesus.
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @over_?
    Because calling on the whiteman was the only thing that kept them from getting beat.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    What I'm Asking or wondering Is was some of the slaves already familiar with Christianity or with the teachings of Jesus or Moses
  • moedays
    Options
    over_? wrote: »
    What I'm Asking or wondering Is was some of the slaves already familiar with Christianity or with the teachings of Jesus or Moses

It's possible. Africans were the 1st to circumnavigate the globe.

• maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    Options
    The Lie That Were Christian Slaves is a Case of Our History Being Erased. What I've Learned is Initially They Didn't want the Slaves to Know Anything About Christianity. The Slaves were Left to they Native Religion, Sometime After What is Referred to as The Great Awaking that all Changed & As Each Generation was Born a Part of Being American was Accepting Your Master's Religion til What Came 1st the Chicken or the Egg was a Mystery & Hence Here we are