Thinking About Leaving PS3 For 360....

Options
2pacnbiggie
2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
edited June 2012 in IllGaming
I've been thinkin about it for a little while now and i've been the biggest anti xbox guy around since the very first xbox...

but i gotta windows phone and the zune just got implemented on the xbox and i basically like everything that i've been hearing about the 360

cross chat gameplay
u can watch netflix with your friends (damn)
better messaging (supports voice and text messages) (can u do video messages?)
App support ....i hear internet explorer just like the windows phone and tablets are coming this fall...
unlimited amount of friends on your friends list (?)

and although i love sony's direction and bluetooth on the controllers and bluray, after this years E3 it kinda feels like Sony is damn near giving up. They havent had any major changes to the core of the system at all the support is barely there they get little half assed updates every now and then...

but xbox not that long ago got the dope zune music player put on the xbox and they get all kinda apps and new features all the time. It just seems like Microsoft is supporting their system 10x better than sony is i like the support and changes that they are constantly making ....and maybe im getting bored with the lack of innovation or anything coming from sony's ps3 which is sad...

keep in mind ive always been a die hard sony/ps3 guy but microsoft is starting to impress me with the stuff im hearing...not to mention the call of duty exclusives and everything ...never thought id see the day that id make this thread tho...

also..im thinking about buying a used one cuz i know the new systems arent that far off....anybody else feel the same way about the support for these systems? microsoft is outclassing them by a mile

and not to mention the cross platform support that is coming between windows phone, windows 8 tablets and xbox thats gonna let them run all the same apps ..the possibilities are gonna be crazy....sony isnt doing anything like this at all

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    You ain't heard ? Sony's broke *shrugs*

Real talk 360 is the best for multiplayer, when Sony steps it up in that area I'll stop using it as a DVD player SMH.

quoted for ? emphasis. I just can't ? with ps3 as far as multiplayer is concerned. Besides uncharted I haven't touched my ps3 FOR YEARS unless I was playing a blu-ray...
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I too got the 360 instead of ps3 for the multiplayer. i got both now but just use ps3 to play dc universe I dont even have disc games for it.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait, wait, wait.

Did you really bring up the Zune as your main reason for wanting to switch? ? yourself

Why would you want to watch Netflix online with your friends? Seriously That's ? . Microsoft removed that feature anyway. (So much for supporting the system.)

Xbox dashboard is cluttered and terrible.

Who cares about crosschat? Why would a non-nerdy person want to talk to their friend while they're playing 2 different games?

Sony won E3 and actually gives it's players games... so wtf are you talking about? Name the next big Xbox exclusive not named Halo.... I'll wait.

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    when Sony steps it up in that area I'll stop using it as a DVD player SMH.

I really hope you meat Blu-Ray because if you bought it to watch DVDs, you just became a candidate for dumbest ? alive lol. Xbox plays DVDs.

lol @ Internet Explorer tho.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know if I can take this thread serious...lol

Cosign everything @pimpmvp said
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My PS3 turned from black to grey it's collected that much dust.
  • ocelot
    Options
    What does Xbox have?
    Serious question...
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    @ocelot Nothing to be totally honest.

No exclusives, you have to pay for online, wack graphics, red ring of death, a bunch of racist 8 year old kids, ect.

Xbox are for kids

Ps3s are for more mature people
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Make that move bruh......psn is a graveyard
  • ocelot
    Options
    After watching TLOU trailer at E3 I'm surprise ? still mention the 360...

? said he's switching to 360 because its compatible with the Zune???...lol
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Lolololol there's a reason the Zune has been discontinued. No one gave a ? about it.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Make that move bruh......psn is a graveyard
    Crock of ? statement right here. XBL better...yes, PSN a graveyard tho...hardly.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You sound like you're breaking up with it? LOL Its all about the games. They both have exclusives worth playing. One good thing is that you won't have to worry as much about hardware failure now with the 360.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP shut down all yo dreams and hopes.....

My son don't even ? wit his XBox......noticed how I said his, I tried palming that ? off on him 2 years ago.....kept him quite for 6 months, but for a quite life I'm copping another PS3.
  • 2pacnbiggie
    2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Lolololol there's a reason the Zune has been discontinued. No one gave a ? about it.
    Zune (software) never got discontinued it got rebraned into Xbox Music for Windows Phone, the Tablets, and Xbox

• CallMeWelvin
    Options
    ^^^^the hardware was discontinued because no one gave a ? about it

They've implemented the software in their phones to save face.

I bet you won't find a zune player in stores :-(.... you guys tried

• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i done sold all my Ps3 games.... im not even sure why I still have it.... every time i turn it on i have to wait 3 days for updates to download.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "and maybe im getting bored with the lack of innovation or anything coming from sony's ps3 which is sad.."

if you honestly believe this, nothing anyone says is gonna change your mind, so do you.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That would be a smart move. Do that ?
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with a 360 from 06 to 09(lol remember the ps3 don't have any games jokes?), gave it to my brother and copped a ps3 + MGS4/Demon's Souls.

when it comes to games, the ps3 simply has the best (exclusives) out. pure online multiplayer wise there really isn;t that much of a difference except for those voice chat features, the community differs per game, for example: SC5 community on ps3 is larger than it's counterpart for the 360 and so on.

the 360 is on lifesupport now, MS is busy with next gen ? , ain't not much fresh or new games droppin for the 360 this year.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would you want to watch Netflix online with your friends? Seriously That's ? . Microsoft removed that feature anyway. (So much for supporting the system.)

Not really. There is nothing stopping 2-8 people from hoppin in a XBOX Live Party and going into Netflix and watching something. Or Hulu, or Zune marketplace, or...whatever. We did it for a couple of the NBA Finals games with ESPN live.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options

Seriously, Xbox's users are hilarious when defensing their wack console.

Microsoft willingly sold you a defective console, made you pay for online play, gave you wired controllers and you had to buy an adapter to go wireless(LOL) , you're out of batteries then you can't play xbox today :-(, cluttered your dashboard, took features away(features that you pay for by the way LOL), give you 1 exclusive a year if that, no blue tooth, no blu ray,and had to buy your own harddrives in the beginning.

And Xbox users say : but but we have cross party chat.

@PimpMVP each system has their own merits. ur not arguing that sony took the ability to have another OS on the PS though, ? you ain even talking bout the yellow light of death (look it up).

we can go on and on nitpicking ? but it what it is.

@2pacnbiggie buy the xbox and see whats up. Some ppl probably dont know but yea, u can play/own more than one console.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peace out. enjoy your downgrade.
    peace_out.jpg