• MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Microsoft drop the Zune because it was wack
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    On Zune's worst day...isn't it still better than the Walkman? Yes. Sony still makes the Walkman. It "competes" with the iPOD. Does Sony have a music marketplace at all though? How does the Walkman work with the PS3?

I think Zune got swept up in the Apple frenzy. I have an iPod, but I wish I would've went with Zune. Better interface/display, better marketplace, cheaper songs/apps, more space, compatible with 360/Windows and is much more "open" in general than Apple and their policies. Plus they bout to relaunch with XBOX Music.

Apple will sometimes just get certain albums or live sets that Zune won't that they sponsor. That's a plus for owning an iPOD. But other than that...

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be like me and get both
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ PimpMVP everthing you said up to this point was BIASED, ignorant, and homophobic for no reason.. just because YOU dont want to cross chat doesnt mean everyone else with sense dont. ima a huge ps2 fan, but PS3 as a whole lost this gen's battle.. no hate.. the only reason to have a PS3 is for exclusives and Blu-ray.. the Online is ass.. and i have one , so this isnt a biased opinion. yea you can say we pay for online all day.. but the fact remains that XBL runs circles around PSN services.. the old addage is" u get what u pay for"
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be like me and get both

• kanggoodie
    Options
    Be like me and get both

i guess ppl think this is illegal or treason.. lol
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Xbox live is better as far as multiplayer.....not as many game drops.....but overall....I'm not impressed with the 360.....ps3 is easily the better piece of hardware.....you get more bang for your buck and had a better lineup of games.....and when exploring Xbox live the only thing they have media wise is HBO go (which is another form of on demand if u have Comcast)...and that anime app....? is most def not worth paying for....and ? is easier to find on pen store than Xbox live
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    And the idea that more people talk on Xbox live is also ? .....I've played games on there and I was talkin ? to myself....it all depends on that particular lobby
  • focus
    Options
    That old saying still applies...

Wii is for people with real friends
    360 is for people with online friends
    PS3 is for people with no friends

• themadlionsfan
    Options
    I only know two people who own a Wii....my mother who let me borrow it for a few months and completely forgot about it....and when she saw my gaming set up....she says "what's that ? "....I say thats you're Wii.....Wii is for casuals and older people who were mystified by motion controls....? trash.....360 is for teenagers and preteens....who wanna play tough behind a monitor....and ps3 is grown folk gaming
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    @ PimpMVP everthing you said up to this point was BIASED, ignorant, and homophobic for no reason.. just because YOU dont want to cross chat doesnt mean everyone else with sense dont. ima a huge ps2 fan, but PS3 as a whole lost this gen's battle.. no hate.. the only reason to have a PS3 is for exclusives and Blu-ray.. the Online is ass.. and i have one , so this isnt a biased opinion. yea you can say we pay for online all day.. but the fact remains that XBL runs circles around PSN services.. the old addage is" u get what u pay for"

For Blu Ray? Really? A BR player costs $ 50. I wouldn't use my PS3 to play BR's.

Funny thing is, I don't even use my BR player to watch movies now. I DL torrents and my TV was a media player so I watch them thru that and don't have to worry about the Cinivia protection that BR players pick up.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

For Blu Ray? Really? A BR player costs $ 50. I wouldn't use my PS3 to play BR's.

Funny thing is, I don't even use my BR player to watch movies now. I DL torrents and my TV was a media player so I watch them thru that and don't have to worry about the Cinivia protection that BR players pick up.

thats the general consensus for non ps 3 owners.. i too use it for watching downloaded torrents.. but i only still have a PS3 for EXCLUSIVES only.. besides that.. what does the ps3 really offer??? answer that..
  • joshuaboy
    Options

thats the general consensus for non ps 3 owners.. i too use it for watching downloaded torrents.. but i only still have a PS3 for EXCLUSIVES only.. besides that.. what does the ps3 really offer??? answer that..

If I had to choose one system, it would be the one with the more games I want to play (exclusives). Since multiplats can be got on anyone, then the exclusives would be the decider.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    We did it for a couple of the NBA Finals games with ESPN live.

says the guy who had to watch the Finals with people online.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only know two people who own a Wii....my mother who let me borrow it for a few months and completely forgot about it....and when she saw my gaming set up....she says "what's that ? "....I say thats you're Wii.....Wii is for casuals and older people who were mystified by motion controls....? trash.....360 is for teenagers and preteens....who wanna play tough behind a monitor....and ps3 is grown folk gaming

A ? who plays video games cause he likes video games regardless of what it comes on has all three.

• themadlionsfan
    Options
    I have all three....that's how I'm able to give an opinion
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2012
    Options

Your interest in video games actually affects your social life, I see.
  • focus
    edited June 2012
    Options

LOL. Yea, online people are still real people. Its 2012, not 1999. Everybody is online (except on PS3). If you are a gamer, and you are on 360, you talk to your online friends A LOT. I've known some for years. Its no different than talking to friends in real life, or on Facebook, on IM, or whatever. I didn't watch every Finals game online, I watched the Thunder win the WCF at a bar and Miami win it all at a house party for example. And yea, a couple I watched at home in a 360 party, then we played some games *shrugs*. Its a nice alternative.
  • focus
    edited June 2012
    Options

Your interest in video games actually affects your social life, I see.

Yea. It does. Am I missing something? Is this supposed to be bad? Am I supposed to be ashamed to be a gamer? To have a hobby? Sorry...i'm not in high school. I'm a grown man. I just kinda...do what I want regardless of anybody, ya know? Maybe you don't. LOL
  • earth two superman
    edited June 2012
    Options

Yea, online people are still real people. Its 2012, not 1999. Everybody is online (except on PS3). If you are a gamer, and you are on 360, you talk to your online friends A LOT. I've known some for years. Its no different than talking to friends in real life, or on Facebook, on IM, or whatever. I didn't watch every Finals game online, I watched the Thunder win the WCF at a bar and Miami win it all at a house party for example. And yea, a couple I watched at home in a 360 party, then we played some games *shrugs*. Its a nice alternative.

no one asked for your life story or an update of whatever ? bars you attend, Focus.
  • focus
    edited June 2012
    Options

Yea, online people are still real people. Its 2012, not 1999. Everybody is online (except on PS3). If you are a gamer, and you are on 360, you talk to your online friends A LOT. I've known some for years. Its no different than talking to friends in real life, or on Facebook, on IM, or whatever. I didn't watch every Finals game online, I watched the Thunder win the WCF at a bar and Miami win it all at a house party for example. And yea, a couple I watched at home in a 360 party, then we played some games *shrugs*. Its a nice alternative.

no one asked for your life story or an update of whatever ? bars you attend, Focus.

LOL...yea, ok. Guess I upset you.

Anyway, TS...yea...I would say go 360 bruh. You can pretty much look through this one thread and already see the difference in level headedness, anger managerment, and overall quality of life between a 360 owner/people who own multiple consoles....and the PS3 only die hards. And the craziest ones haven't even showed up yet. LOL.
  • earth two superman
    edited June 2012
    Options
    lol yeah, you're the one trying to explain to people you have friends, and I'm somehow upset.

tumblr_m34ev4jZxj1ru77gso1_500.gif
  • focus
    Options
    lol yeah, you're the one trying to explain to people you have friends, and I'm somehow upset.

The thread title burned your soul. LOL.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    i'm not in high school. I'm a grown man.

a grown man who gets offended about being told he has no friends.

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As I always say,only idiots pay for Live.Nothing on Live is worth the money,that's a fact.I remember the days when people played consoles for games,not some overrated online features.You got people in here bashing the PS3 for being what it is suppose to be,a game console not a social device.Most of yall should stop talking like you are gamers when you are just casual fans who buy into the hype of Live.The Arcade continues to lose credibility.