The Official Newsroom Season 1 Thread!

Options
evoljeanyes
evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
What a ? explosive episode! I am in it. I was anticipating this show. Its been great. This is the best dialogue I have seen on a television series that I can think of...

You guys chime in with your thoughts...

Jeff Daniels killed it, and Sorkin is a problem...Welcome back to television ? LOL!

Comments

• Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got this on DVR. Gonna see what's up. Hearing very good things.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Interested to hear what you think my man! I thought it was absolutely brilliant!
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    will watch later...........
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Best dialogue on a television series" after one episode??? Smh, Stop talking in hyperbole and just say the show has good dialogue.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    good show. old guy from law & order is hilarious.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good show, glad I can add this to my DVR and the summer lineup of shows.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Television Been Back...It's Called Breaking Bad
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea couple of my friends said they weren't really impressed by this unless you into watching msnbc and fox news channel.

i got the ? on dvr so ill check one day this week
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    interesting 1st ep.

looking 4ward to see where they take it... and topics they cover.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    "Best dialogue on a television series" after one episode??? Smh, Stop talking in hyperbole and just say the show has good dialogue.

It's really good man, thats all I am saying. There aren't any shows on tv right now with good outstanding dialogue

• Michael_Malice
    Options
    Really liked this show. The music is holding it back though. That piano ? is WOAT. Other than that it was great. Could make for some very good character development.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Really liked this show. The music is holding it back though. That piano ? is WOAT. Other than that it was great. Could make for some very good character development.
    lololol i started smh when i heard that inspirational ass background music when he was wrappin up his america is not the greatest country tangent

• Michael_Malice
    Options
    lololol i started smh when i heard that inspirational ass background music when he was wrappin up his america is not the greatest country tangent

LOL, yeah that music took away so much from that.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBO>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And its not even close.... GOT, VEEP, Curb, Entourage, Boardwalk, Wire, Sopranos...and now this??? Sorkin is going to body this just like he did West Wing...cannot ? wait. First ep was sick...did get a little long with the self indulgent soliloquies, but overall....A-
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    HBO>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And its not even close.... GOT, VEEP, Curb, Entourage, Boardwalk, Wire, Sopranos...and now this??? Sorkin is going to body this just like he did West Wing...cannot ? wait. First ep was sick...did get a little long with the self indulgent soliloquies, but overall....A-

HBO stays bodying the television ? its not close! You didn't even name Game of Thrones or OZ...This show is good. I like the self indulgent soliloquies. This is like this tall kid in school who dominates in basketball all the way through grade school. Then gets to college and realizes he is not really that good, he was just tall and that he can't quit basketball because he has absolutely no social skills.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    HBO>>>>>>>>>>>>>

HBO stays bodying the television ? its not close! You didn't even name Game of Thrones or OZ...This show is good. I like the self indulgent soliloquies. This is like this tall kid in school who dominates in basketball all the way through grade school. Then gets to college and realizes he is not really that good, he was just tall and that he can't quit basketball because he has absolutely no social skills.

GOT=Game of Thrones

I don't see how your analogy fits?? Is this for Will or Mack?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Will, LOL, my bad...I meant by my analogy that we're coming in at the point where he is realizing his ? does stink...yes he has made it through because he is able to fabricate charisma, but now he gets to this point where he has to work at it for the first time...that's why the soliloquies are suitable...in my opinion
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    SMH @ people always leaving out Six Feet Under when they talk about HBO. Still my fav show from the network.

Anyway, Newsroom. Yea, pilot was really good. I'll definitely be watching this. The show definitely has a tone that will rub some people the wrong way. The music, the speeches, etc. It can be "preachy" I guess. But it is a conscious thing I think. So you'll either like it or you won't.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    show was aight, I'll reserve judgement until I see a few more episodes
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    So we not gonna include Deadwood?
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i went in thinking i wouldnt like it trailers dont really do it justice. but it came on after true blood so i figured id watch it. pleasantly surprised. im still reserving final judgement till a couple more episodes but so far so good.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Okay, I just watched the show

Tgw first 7 minutes were epic and the whole show was ? great.

Dialogue was GOATISH

So yea... I was wrong
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Okay, I just watched the show

Tgw first 7 minutes were epic and the whole show was ? great.

Dialogue was GOATISH

So yea... I was wrong

Much respect for a man that can admit he was wrong. Good ? though...it's rock solid show. Excellent casting! The lead has been itching for a chance to be the leading man...he is showing out
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Damn Family, can we get a sticky for one of the most promising new shows on television?
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options