• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New episode at 9

Why isn't this stickied?
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can I watch this show without Premium cable?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ummmmm....this is awkward....but did anyone find this second episode downright idiotic at times and for the most part corny as hell!!??????
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show looks great
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First episode was more serious than humor, while the second was the opposite. I enjoyed it still. Had a lot going on but the pace made it seem like the show was longer then other hour long shows without commercials.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Ummmmm....this is awkward....but did anyone find this second episode downright idiotic at times and for the most part corny as hell!!??????
    how so?

i liked it more than the first one.

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how so?

Seriously??? Maggie is.....I mean WTF? Can somebody overact anymore than the chic playing Maggie? Oh I know...the dude playing Jim. The exchanges between these two were barely watchable....and this ? constantly has that ridiculous pouty "I'm always deadass serious" face. The whole he cover's for her ? was the last straw...I mean how many times must this tired storyline be rehashed?? Will and Mack were OK....nothing spectacular there. The best part of the show was the actual news cast. In one of the most BIZARE twists of the show the disappointing and disjointed newscast was a perfect mirror of the show. Olivia Munn's character has potential but I dont know if she has the acting chops to pull it off.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    how so?

Seriously??? Maggie is.....I mean WTF? Can somebody overact anymore than the chic playing Maggie? Oh I know...the dude playing Jim. The exchanges between these two were barely watchable....and this ? constantly has that ridiculous pouty "I'm always deadass serious" face. The whole he cover's for her ? was the last straw...I mean how many times must this tired storyline be rehashed?? Will and Mack were OK....nothing spectacular there. The best part of the show was the actual news cast. In one of the most BIZARE twists of the show the disappointing and disjointed newscast was a perfect mirror of the show. Olivia Munn's character has potential but I dont know if she has the acting chops to pull it off.

that was the point bro. their careers (& might as well be their lives too) hinge on the success of this new show so when everything falls apart, so do they. the dialogue is unrealistic at times cuz nobody talks in constant quips but that's just how sorkin writes...

none of your concerns bothered me in the least lol.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Episode two was better than episode one. The dialogue is written like sorkim writes. He writes in perfect world scenarios where everyone with poignancy is hyper intellectual. Episode two was great again. This is the beat show in TV right now. Can we get a sticky!

Will and Mack are dope together. Will the kind hearted relentless ? works for me.

The dude with the serious face is under a ton of pressure and he is just getting back from Afghan. So his serious temperament isn't out of place.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Maggie doesn't overreact. She is just Mack without her harnessed emotional temperament
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Maggie doesn't overreact. She is just Mack without her harnessed emotional temperament
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, have to disagree with Rage. Second episode was just as good if not better than the first. Everyone overreacts. You can't just single out Maggie. That's just the tone of the show and they make it work. And them covering themselves up the chain made sense. I mean, that's how it works in reality a lot.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jus watched ep.2. this show is corny and over the top. but its very well acted. and interesting, and im glad its on tv....i'll be tuning in next week.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    jus watched ep.2. this show is corny and over the top. but its very well acted. and interesting, and im glad its on tv....i'll be tuning in next week.

It's corny and over the top...but its well acted and you will be tuning in because its interesting. LOL you're funny. I am confused.

How is it corny, and what about it is over the top?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

It's corny and over the top...but its well acted and you will be tuning in because its interesting. LOL you're funny. I am confused.

dude. the 2 main females are emontionally unstable and over react to every thing. who tells someone they hid under a bed while 2 ppl ? after knowing them for 3 days. who in 2012 does not know how to properly send an email.
    the main lead a typical hard ass, but yet deep down he wants everyone to like him...

i'd rather they jus cover the news, than go into everyones back story. but i assume, they want the viewer to see the characters grow. as some one else said, the actual "news" part was the best part. Im interested in seein what topics they cover and how they cover them. ? that matters. not the old tired, whos ? who, who wants to ? who and whos goin to ? who. been there done that, that makes it corny. imo

i really hope the economist female gets more air time. cuz she seems more balanced and real. even tho i did a face palm. when she said the whole "we can bond, cuz my boy friend cheated on me to". who the ? says such a personal thing. after jus bein offered a promotion @ work...

overall I like the show. and it has promise. It jus has to tone down the emontionally over the top ? within the characters.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options

dude. the 2 main females are emontionally unstable and over react to every thing. who tells someone they hid under a bed while 2 ppl ? after knowing them for 3 days. who in 2012 does not know how to properly send an email.
    the main lead a typical hard ass, but yet deep down he wants everyone to like him...

i'd rather they jus cover the news, than go into everyones back story. but i assume, they want the viewer to see the characters grow. as some one else said, the actual "news" part was the best part. Im interested in seein what topics they cover and how they cover them. ? that matters. not the old tired, whos ? who, who wants to ? who and whos goin to ? who. been there done that, that makes it corny. imo

i really hope the economist female gets more air time. cuz she seems more balanced and real. even tho i did a face palm. when she said the whole "we can bond, cuz my boy friend cheated on me to". who the ? says such a personal thing. after jus bein offered a promotion @ work...

overall I like the show. and it has promise. It jus has to tone down the emontionally over the top ? within the characters.

Have you been around 2012 women!? They all overreact to everything. LOL. Not knowing how to send an e-mail and not knowing how to use a ridiculous symbol based system is much different. There is no who is ? who going on right now. Relationships evolve, especially when you have people with like minds and similar ages spending lots of time together. Real life resembles real life so if you have seen this storyline before we understand. But the way they are handling it and the scenery they are in provides the show with a unique aspect///The lead isn't a hard ass...he is an ? ...and he is very clear about his desire to be liked. Transparency in a lead is unique in and of itself.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol marc want these characters to go to work and sit at their desk all day. It's a show b.. they have to have storylines with characters
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    this ? marc wanna watch a newsroom reality show, or an hbo live news broadcast where they can say cuss words
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watching right now
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just caught the 2nd Ep on the DVR. Wasn't as solid as Ep 1 but was still good. Will continue to watch.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    lol @ these fictional characters being analyzed like they're real people
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ep 2 was great!!!! had some good laughs

Them losing their lead story made it all the more realistic IMO they had to scramble and come up with what they could in like 30-45 mins... put the pressure on them and we saw the result...
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, that interview segment was hilarious.