The Official Newsroom Season 1 Thread!

Options

Comments

• BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i watched this again last night...

LMAO at Maggie: I just dodge bullets oh theres one and now im over here! she's hilarious

and LOL at the therapist making Will sit for an hour when he knew it was the bacon that was keeping him up.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah the bacon thing is crazy!!!! Subtle comedy is very cool!
  • BK Product
    Options
    Yeah the bacon thing is crazy!!!! Subtle comedy is very cool!

Completely agree, they use it well and they dont over do it!
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Osaka Bin Laden EP Sunday what up though? Anybody else interested to see where it goes?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    20 minutes anyone tuning in or y'all catching on demand?
  • BK Product
    Options
    Dam i guess no one ? with this as much as i do....
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    will was high out of his mind and kept giving those excuses why he was able to maintain..i like how they be clowning fox news
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Yo people are so sleep on this show...Will and Terry Crews are awesome together. Nice to see him in a roll where he isn't ? or super silly!

Will was zooted...my boy from slumdog had to face palm hisself LMAO!
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    great episode

"look at your blackberry"
    "PUSH THE BUTTONS!"

the united airlines tie in was a nice touch
  • BK Product
    Options
    this show gets better and better, and they alwasy seem to find creative ways to tell the story, its really never delivered in the same format
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    i wonder if they plan on keeping the recent timeline for next season (& future seasons). cuz by the time this season ends they'll probably be done with 2011 stories. we're only a little bit over halfway done with 2012 so they can't write for ? that obviously hasn't happened yet. & with big things like the bp oil spill it took months for all the facts to come out.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I can see next season being a season where they go back in time and show will n Mack together. I don't know though. I just like the show. They haven't had missteps.
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @gtariq have you Bern watching all season? What's your favorite things?
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @gtariq have you Bern watching all season? What's your favorite things?

Obviously the opening in the pilot episode. That got me hooked line and sinker to watch this series. I like the chemistry between Maggie and Jim, but I think the possibly of them may not happen until next season.

Sam Waterston is a fool! I like his character in this compared to his character in Law and Order.

Basically I have been into the character development in the series.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dumb and Dumber 2 Still Possible
    Jeff Daniels is still holding out hope for a sequel.
    by Max Nicholson AUGUST 8, 2012

Last month, the outlook for a Dumb and Dumber sequel was not looking good. Just three months after New Line and Warner Bros. confirmed that stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were set to return for the follow-up, Carrey dropped out due to his increasing frustration with what he reportedly felt was an "unenthusiastic" studio.

However, Daniels is now claiming that all is not lost for Harold and Lloyd after all. During an interview following his TCA panel for HBO's The Newsroom, the actor shed some light on the comedy project.

Is there still hope for a sequel? "Oh sure, even more so now," Daniels told Crave Online. "Jim wants to do it. I want to do it. The [directors the] Farrellys want to do it. They want to rewrite the script a little bit and they aren't trying to jam it in before I have to go back and do Newsroom in November. So they're going, 'Why don't we just do it right? Let's get everybody organized to go next May or June.' If everything works out on the business side, that's what we'll do but I think there’s more hope than ever."

As for Carrey's conflict with Warner Bros. and New Line, Daniels added, "I think Jim just got frustrated and I completely got it. I was frustrated too. We thought it was in pretty good shape. The studio and others wanted some more work done [to] it. The Farrellys wanted more work done on it so they got working on it and I think last week they decided to push the shooting of it to next year, possibly because I wasn't going to move The Newsroom."

So there you have it. Are you still down for a Dumb and Dumber 2? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Curious to see how they cover the Colorado and Wisconsin shootings and the election

OT:

http://youtu.be/PZJ7E_iTwZQ

RickRossDance.gif
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Daniels and carry would ? dumb and dumber right now!

Jeff Daniels should be getting calls right to now to playing leading roles!
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ha, this show stay ? on fox news and there garbage "news coverage".
    GTariq wrote: »
    Sam Waterston is a fool! I like his character in this compared to his character in Law and Order.

I'd say that's because of what you know of his character as Jack McCoy. Him as Charlie is what I imagined Jack McCoy would be like if he retired from the district attorney's office and not having to run in an election. Just being able to cut loose.

Man, as soon as this show seems like it's gonna be comedy or straight drama at the drop of a hat they flip the switch. Don breaking the news on the plane to the pilot was dope.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Sorkin is a monster of a writer. I would love to have the type of career he has had as a writer. Jim's character is slowly becoming my favorite!!
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I like the way they arr making don moreblikeable so that Maggie seems like the villain if they split. Good writing.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn HBO has to extend these 10 episode seasons to like 13 or 15. Pretty wack this only has 2 more episodes.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another dope episode...
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Man I need to see this EP...I haven't seen it yet