Cosign or Nosign: For the past several years the quality of tv shows >>>> movies

Options
Matt-
Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
my brothers, i'm not even lying when i say that, to me, movies have been turrible ever since Hollywood felt the need to make everything 3D or decided or just call something "revenge of the....or Curse of the..." Everything seems to be a remake or a part 2 or 3 of something. There is no originality, poor acting, and its all masked by explosions and graphics. Those things on top of it costing $30 to go to the movies is the reason I can't ? with hardly any movies that's come out in the last 5 or so years. Oh, and I've never picked up a comic book in my life, and that seems to be a common theme of movies these days. Ironically, Avatar is the last movie i saw in the theater and its one of the ones that help ? the game up. I'm not mad at anyone who goes for movies like that, but thats just not me. Its not even worth downloading.

I'll admit, tv is ? up too ever since everything went "reality"...so many shows on now Like ? Stars, Storage Wars, ? Bounty Hunters or whatever....all that stuff is supposed to be 'real' but its so obviously scripted that its not even watchable.

But alot of that is made up for by having some real good shows on TV during the last several years. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Entourage, Game of Thrones, The Shield, Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, Curb your Enthusiasm, Walking Dead....and that's just naming a few of the ones i watch. I'm sure there are others i've left out.

Comments

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoy ? stars obviously they screen the people before hand but the point of the show is to give you the history behind the item. But I agree with you with most of what you said. Most movies now are sequels or remakes originality is gone. But it's our fault really because we go support these movies so they keep making them. Plus 3d now is just a way to boost up the sales. I usually do some research before I watch a 3d movie to see if it's shot in 3d or if it's a post conversion and what type of camera they use. If they do it right I don't mind to pay extra for 3d. And my brother works for amc so I see movies for free
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cosign...a lot of really good tv shows...pretty much ur whole list except walking dead
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah watch walking dead but not sure why
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bruh is that silky slim in ya avi?....he just lookin at me like he wanna cry
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited June 2012
    Options
    i can't call it. i'm more of a movie person & because of netflix/premium ondemand i can't watch shows week to week (unless they're reality shows...& other exceptions). i have to watch seasons in one viewing so i'm always behind on good, new shows.

but as far as last year goes i'd cosign. 2011 was a terrible year for movies. i watched homeland's first season in its entirety more times than i went to the theater.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blue bloods >>>.>>>>>>
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game Of Thrones >>>
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Suits, Mad Men,Modern Family, New Girl, Happy Endings>>>> the last two take the cake for brilliant comedic writing/timing
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cable Drama's Have ? On Their Film Counterparts For Some Time
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movies will always be better then T.V. 80% of t.v is complete garbage.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The movies coming out now have rediculous plotlines. Now Abraham lincoln is a vampire hunter? Cmon son. Who is greenlighting this ? ?2011!'s inception was garbage. The trailer was slick but the plot was awful. Ive never been a fan of sci-fi comic book like storylines. Gimme some real ? like street kings, or training day. Yall can keep that matrix, lord of the rings type ? . When i want unrealistic.entertainment, i watch adult swim.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    The movies coming out now have rediculous plotlines. Now Abraham lincoln is a vampire hunter? Cmon son. Who is greenlighting this ? ?2011!'s inception was garbage. The trailer was slick but the plot was awful. Ive never been a fan of sci-fi comic book like storylines. Gimme some real ? like street kings, or training day. Yall can keep that matrix, lord of the rings type ? . When i want unrealistic.entertainment, i watch adult swim.

BooThisMan.gif
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inception, repo men, avengers, watchmen, are the rare exceptional movies. Television has been great. Co-sign TS!
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah @rage you're tripping inception is fantastic
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think it has been a great few years of quality programming. Breaking bad, Dexter, True blood, Mad men, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, Homeland,The Wire, The Sopranos, 24, Prison Break, South beach tow etc.

Does anybody remember this show that came on FX with Andre Braugher called Thief, about these bank robbers? I thought that show was really dope and ahead of it's time. They need to bring that shat back.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna have to agree. I go into watching tv shows with expectations whereas with movies it has to have everything right for me to moderately get my hopes up. Just about every show I truly keep up with reaches those expectations from season to season.

But dude is trippin Inception was dope.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at blue bloods...
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No sizzle.....besides all these housewives shows aint much to watch besides re-runs of other shows
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    They both have their highs and lows so I wouldn't say one is overall better than the other. There's Breaking Bad and Mad Men but there's also Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Snooki & JWoww. I agree much of the mainstream films being released are either subpar or something I'm just not interested in (superhero movies). But I'm finding you have to go after the ones that don't get alot of shine. There are some really good independent films made from small production companies that are on limited released every year that can be easily overlooked. I.e. Moonrise Kingdom. I've only seen about 2 advertisements for this movie, yet people are calling it the best film of the year. Just have to dig a little deeper.