As a man I must give credit where credit is Due. This is thread is for the success of ? .

Options
2»

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    over_? wrote: »
    ^^^^ you need to check the homie Public's thread we are discussing now in GnS. Peep the video in the op first.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/472975/gs-are-black-peoples-emotions-used-against-them-to-help-fund-their-own-oppression/p1

I stop listening when I heard noble drew ali and Mohammad
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    The District of Columbia, which is approximately 70% Black,leads the U.S. in many areas:
    The nations highest crime rates
    Strictest gun control
    Highest incarceration rates
    Highest birthrate
    Highest death rate
    Highest rate of federal assistance per capita
    Highest number of welfare recipients per capita

But most will deny this - & claim its us white folks who lead in that category - which/that isn't being truthful. Per capita wise speaks for itself.
  • heyslick
    Options
    I tired of hearing about how white people lead the pack in welfare recipients - let's be real. It's not about black people its about the TRUTH & it is what it is. Feel free to set me straight - I have no problem with apologizing for not telling the truth. read this below

I just pasted these from a government site:

With regard to AFDC the figures are:

White 38.8%
    Black 39.8
    Hispanic 15.7
    Asian 2.4
    other 3.3

To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this?

Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.
  • heyslick
    Options
    Dontcha just love it? HOW

This President refuses to answer for his blatant lies - he sounds more like a dictator. This man think he never deceives or lies to the people - so I guess telling the truth about said lies - makes me a racist - WOW! talk about a catch 22 scenario.

http://obamalies.net/obama-denies-healthcare-is-a-new-tax-on-all-americans.html
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now all of a sudden Obamacare is a tax? Why is this just now being blown up? Oh, elections are around the corner...
  • maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    The District of Columbia, which is approximately 70% Black,leads the U.S. in many areas:
    Strictest gun control
    Highest birthrate
    Highest death rate

But most will deny this - & claim its us white folks who lead in that category - which/that isn't being truthful. Per capita wise speaks for itself.

I'm not sure what You're Getting at, But I Love The Racist Overtones. Please Keep em Coming. I Just wanted to Correct a Few Points. D.C is a Special Case Cause of it's Situation & Since it's Such a Small Place far as Population It's Easy to be the Leader, Cause The way They do The Numbers. It's Also not really a City, The City with The Highest Crime rate is 1. Flint, Mich.
    > Violent crimes per 1,000: 23.4
    > Population: 102,357
    > 2011 murders: 52
    > Median income: $22,672
    > Unemployment rate: 18.9%
    Strict Gun Control is all Black Cities... I Doubt D.c Gun Laws are any Stricter Than New York or Chicago.
    New Orleans L.a has the Highest Incarceration. I Suspect Your Other Numbers are False Too, So I Just wanna ask. What is it You're Trying to Prove?
  • heyslick
    Options
    Strictest gun control
    Highest birthrate
    Highest death rate

I'm not sure what You're Getting at, But I Love The Racist Overtones. Please Keep em Coming. I Just wanted to Correct a Few Points. D.C is a Special Case Cause of it's Situation & Since it's Such a Small Place far as Population It's Easy to be the Leader, Cause The way They do The Numbers. It's Also not really a City, The City with The Highest Crime rate is 1. Flint, Mich.
    Strict Gun Control is all Black Cities... I Doubt D.c Gun Laws are any Stricter Than New York or Chicago.
    New Orleans L.a has the Highest Incarceration. I Suspect Your Other Numbers are False Too, So I Just wanna ask. What is it You're Trying to Prove?

It's NOT really that complicated. me works on a simple principle. I just get tired of seeing the deception, and thanks to the net some real truths come forward. BTW the truth does tend to rattle some folks mindset,they tend to make false claims/accusations etc. & out comes the standard rhetoric - racist bigot,prejudice on and on. So basically the bottom line still stands - just state the real numbers. BTW whites do committ a lot of crime & they are far from innocent - but some/to many a lot of black of folks deny/ignore the truth when it hits them between the eyes. (yeah talk 'bout what others do so your ? laundry never get cleaned-up),great logic.

• maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    Options
    Strictest gun control
    Highest birthrate
    Highest death rate

It's NOT really that complicated. me works on a simple principle. I just get tired of seeing the deception, and thanks to the net some real truths come forward. BTW the truth does tend to rattle some folks mindset,they tend to make false claims/accusations etc. & out comes the standard rhetoric - racist bigot,prejudice on and on. So basically the bottom line still stands - just state the real numbers. BTW whites do committ a lot of crime & they are far from innocent - but some/to many a lot of black of folks deny/ignore the truth when it hits them between the eyes. (yeah talk 'bout what others do so your ? laundry never get cleaned-up),great logic.

I Get Tired of Seeing Deception as Well & Embrace The Truth as Well as Racism or Your Racial Thoughts, In Fact I Encourage it, Because it's Nothing More Honest! I Try to Deal with Truth & It No shape or Form am I Under the Impression That we are all Righteous as Black People, But Not Every Act a Black Person does is Criminal just Cause the Law Says So. Take Gun Control. The 2nd Amendment gives me Right to own a Firearm, Unless I'm Black & Live in a Major City. It is Illegal or damn Near Impossible to Get one. The Black Man that Decides to own a Gun to Protect his Home is not a Criminal just Cause the Law says so!. I Deny no Truth, Just Questioned it to be Sure if it's Authentic & Sometimes it's Not!
  • heyslick
    Options
    Strictest gun control
    Highest birthrate
    Highest death rate

I Get Tired of Seeing Deception as Well & Embrace The Truth as Well as Racism or Your Racial Thoughts, In Fact I Encourage it, Because it's Nothing More Honest! I Try to Deal with Truth & It No shape or Form am I Under the Impression That we are all Righteous as Black People, But Not Every Act a Black Person does is Criminal just Cause the Law Says So. Take Gun Control. The 2nd Amendment gives me Right to own a Firearm, Unless I'm Black & Live in a Major City. It is Illegal or damn Near Impossible to Get one. The Black Man that Decides to own a Gun to Protect his Home is not a Criminal just Cause the Law says so!. I Deny no Truth, Just Questioned it to be Sure if it's Authentic & Sometimes it's Not!

Food for thought

"And therefore whoso seeks the truth
    Shall find in no wise peace of heart."
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Now all of a sudden Obamacare is a tax? Why is this just now being blown up? Oh, elections are around the corner...
    it's not EXACTLY a new argument. it's just going to get all the attention right now
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a friend whos always talking bout what we were and who was here first and we were here before columbus and the white man only lets you know so much, that black people need to go back to our roots, yada, yada, yada. He also so thinks that some people have to resort to illeagal means to survive. He comes from a background of instability, moving from place to place, siblings with different fathers, etc. I was raised in the complete opposite situation. We're both raised in the hood but I was raised in a 2 parent household and all my uncles and aunts worked, owned property, married, sent kids to college etc. With that being said, its great to know oneself and where we come from but it really aint got nothing to do with whats going on today. I truly believe even though racism still exist you still can make it here in America. I've seen too many examples of people who wanted to do well and suceeded because of hard work. Knowing who built the pyramids aint got nothing to do with paying the rent and putting food on the table. I see people every day who prosper or suffer because of the choices they made.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    I have a friend whos always talking bout what we were and who was here first and we were here before columbus and the white man only lets you know so much, that black people need to go back to our roots, yada, yada, yada. He also so thinks that some people have to resort to illeagal means to survive. He comes from a background of instability, moving from place to place, siblings with different fathers, etc. I was raised in the complete opposite situation. We're both raised in the hood but I was raised in a 2 parent household and all my uncles and aunts worked, owned property, married, sent kids to college etc. With that being said, its great to know oneself and where we come from but it really aint got nothing to do with whats going on today. I truly believe even though racism still exist you still can make it here in America. I've seen too many examples of people who wanted to do well and suceeded because of hard work. Knowing who built the pyramids aint got nothing to do with paying the rent and putting food on the table. I see people every day who prosper or suffer because of the choices they made.

"At a certain point in their existential experience the oppressed feel an irresistible attraction towards the oppressors and their way of life. Sharing this way of life becomes an overpowering aspiration. In their alienation, the oppressed want at any cost to resemble the oppressors, to imitate them, to follow them. This phenomenon is especially prevalent in the middle-class oppressed, who yearn to be equal to the "eminent" men and women of the upper class" http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/philosophy/education/freire/freire-1.html"For this reason, there is less participation in the struggle today for freedom. Our people have no interest in the struggle because they have made materialistic gains their freedom. The so-called Black "middle class" work good jobs, receive good paychecks, own big cars, have big television sets in every room, and generally exhibit all the showy manifestations of their so-called new wealth. They see no need to continue to struggle because the adversary has determined and defined for them what these determinations and definitions are, and they are well satisfied. Actually, they are in a trap, spiritually and morally. The spirit of brotherhood, struggle, participation and even the need for your fellow Black brothers has been destroyed. With his newly-defined freedom the middle-class African American is culturally dead, a tool to be used any way the system dictates. His new freedom allows the slave to exist and make a living... but not to live. No one has explained to African Americans what true freedom is.. ..The 1960's started off as a reforming revolution, an overturning, a tearing down of systems, ways and means, yet ending up being a struggle for integration -- a materialistic conforming revolution that allowed them the privilege to join those who were responsible for their grief and sorrow." http://www.amazon.com/? -Black-Man-Truth-Ammi/dp/0962046310

To know your past is to know your future. It is definitely important for blacks to know their history and their culture, the preservation of which is the preservation of our well-being. Your ancestors, as slaves, were robbed of their names and identities to divide and conquer them, and that has everything to do with what is going on today.
  • heyslick
    Options
    plocc wrote: »

"At a certain point in their existential experience the oppressed feel an irresistible attraction towards the oppressors and their way of life. Sharing this way of life becomes an overpowering aspiration. In their alienation, the oppressed want at any cost to resemble the oppressors, to imitate them, to follow them. This phenomenon is especially prevalent in the middle-class oppressed, who yearn to be equal to the "eminent" men and women of the upper class" http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/philosophy/education/freire/freire-1.html"For this reason, there is less participation in the struggle today for freedom. Our people have no interest in the struggle because they have made materialistic gains their freedom. The so-called Black "middle class" work good jobs, receive good paychecks, own big cars, have big television sets in every room, and generally exhibit all the showy manifestations of their so-called new wealth. They see no need to continue to struggle because the adversary has determined and defined for them what these determinations and definitions are, and they are well satisfied. Actually, they are in a trap, spiritually and morally. The spirit of brotherhood, struggle, participation and even the need for your fellow Black brothers has been destroyed. With his newly-defined freedom the middle-class African American is culturally dead, a tool to be used any way the system dictates. His new freedom allows the slave to exist and make a living... but not to live. No one has explained to African Americans what true freedom is.. ..The 1960's started off as a reforming revolution, an overturning, a tearing down of systems, ways and means, yet ending up being a struggle for integration -- a materialistic conforming revolution that allowed them the privilege to join those who were responsible for their grief and sorrow." http://www.amazon.com/? -Black-Man-Truth-Ammi/dp/0962046310

To know your past is to know your future. It is definitely important for blacks to know their history and their culture, the preservation of which is the preservation of our well-being. Your ancestors, as slaves, were robbed of their names and identities to divide and conquer them, and that has everything to do with what is going on today.

IMO

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that - what I have a problem with along with many others is the negativity of so many black people who constantly wallow in the past and blame others for issues that have nothing to do with the aforementioned. Seriously how can dwelling endlessly in negatives ever produce positive results? YES!! I've heard this line to many times - black folks have to so history doesn't repeat itself - BS! try eliminating the negative and accentuating the positive for a change. I'll say this again - AGAIN - There's a thin line between Love and Hate

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    African history isn't all negative, Slick. To have respect for and knowledge of African history and culture doesn't mean that we "wallow in the past and blame others" or have a deep hatred for whites or any race including ourselves. On the contrary, the idea is that we should love ourselves and our heritage. We should think of each other as brothers and sisters and unite as such instead of dividing under the things that seperate us and produce negatives like black on black crime.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whites deify themselves and it trickles down into black communities. Whether its education or application whites trickle their deities down.

George Washington and other "founders" are superheroes to white folks, so of course they are to blacks as well. You are taught to believe in them and their ideas, the sun shined out of their ? as far as you know.

White people can't envision Jesus being anything other than white, so of course a lot of blacks think Jesus was white. Christianity was spread by racists whether those racists believed in slavery or not, so of course they aren't going to tell people Jesus may have been the same color as an African or an Arab. Hell most of them can't conceive it but blacks have no idea what color a hebrew or a roman was, so if white folks say they were white then hey, they must have been white.

The ancient African always drew their Gods with skin similar to their own, whites do the same. If you see a man's face on your money, carved into a mountain, or large monuments constructed in his honor you tend to believe that those people are far greater and more important than others.

That's on a large scale, now looking at it more close to home: when it comes to local government and local authorities you will traditionally think of whites.

There used to be a time where most of the police officers where white, when you got arrested by the white cop, you had to stand in front of a white judge, after the white judge sentences you and you're sent to prison the prison guards and wardens are white.

There was a time when the majority of your elementary schoolteachers where white, high school teachers where white and your college professors where white.

It was entirely possible for people during our grandparents day to go their whole lives being answerable to white people for something....anything.

This is where the idea that white folks run everything come from. Some of our grandparents couldn't and didn't see blacks in any position of authority, only servants and sidekicks, and so many of them just "wanted to get along" that they learned to have a "healthy respect" (fear) of white folks.

Oh you don't fear white folks? Look at Emmitt Till, Martin Luther King Jr, look at who beat the ? out of the Freedom Riders and other agitators. Look at how a white man can ? a black one and not be punished.

Its learned behavior. A lot of blacks where taught to fear whites and to glorify their accomplishments. This is also why a lot of militant negroes look to Africa for things to glorify in the name of blackness. A lot of our parents and grandparents didn't have much in the way of showing blacks doing well in America, so they looked to how great blacks did in Africa and other countries.

Even W.E.B. DuBois when he was attempting to counter the ? /? images whites where showing of blacks he went to Europe. He found upper crust blacks in Europe to show that blacks aren't watermelon eating savages the world over but that it was just ? propaganda.

More people are beginning to fight it and counter it these days than in days of the past. That's for damn sure.

• moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch the documentary called "Thrive". ? will blow your mind. I made a thread about it.
  • heyslick
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Whites deify themselves and it trickles down into black communities. Whether its education or application whites trickle their deities down.

George Washington and other "founders" are superheroes to white folks, so of course they are to blacks as well. You are taught to believe in them and their ideas, the sun shined out of their ? as far as you know.

White people can't envision Jesus being anything other than white, so of course a lot of blacks think Jesus was white. Christianity was spread by racists whether those racists believed in slavery or not, so of course they aren't going to tell people Jesus may have been the same color as an African or an Arab. Hell most of them can't conceive it but blacks have no idea what color a hebrew or a roman was, so if white folks say they were white then hey, they must have been white.

The ancient African always drew their Gods with skin similar to their own, whites do the same. If you see a man's face on your money, carved into a mountain, or large monuments constructed in his honor you tend to believe that those people are far greater and more important than others.

That's on a large scale, now looking at it more close to home: when it comes to local government and local authorities you will traditionally think of whites.

There used to be a time where most of the police officers where white, when you got arrested by the white cop, you had to stand in front of a white judge, after the white judge sentences you and you're sent to prison the prison guards and wardens are white.

There was a time when the majority of your elementary schoolteachers where white, high school teachers where white and your college professors where white.

It was entirely possible for people during our grandparents day to go their whole lives being answerable to white people for something....anything.

This is where the idea that white folks run everything come from. Some of our grandparents couldn't and didn't see blacks in any position of authority, only servants and sidekicks, and so many of them just "wanted to get along" that they learned to have a "healthy respect" (fear) of white folks.

Oh you don't fear white folks? Look at Emmitt Till, Martin Luther King Jr, look at who beat the ? out of the Freedom Riders and other agitators. Look at how a white man can ? a black one and not be punished.

Its learned behavior. A lot of blacks where taught to fear whites and to glorify their accomplishments. This is also why a lot of militant negroes look to Africa for things to glorify in the name of blackness. A lot of our parents and grandparents didn't have much in the way of showing blacks doing well in America, so they looked to how great blacks did in Africa and other countries.

Even W.E.B. DuBois when he was attempting to counter the ? /? images whites where showing of blacks he went to Europe. He found upper crust blacks in Europe to show that blacks aren't watermelon eating savages the world over but that it was just ? propaganda.

More people are beginning to fight it and counter it these days than in days of the past. That's for damn sure.

WOW! IMO - no wonder so many black folks aren't looking forward to the future - you've convinced them it's better to wallow in ancient history - note: I didn't say forget your history. I'd love for you to be more positive about the future, but it just isn't in the cards - so just keep doing what you do & out society will always have that class of people who feel disenfranchised & victims of there circumstances. Incidentally don't ever mention the progress that has been made in America - sure wouldn't wanna deceive the psychologically enslaved folks & not allow folks like you the opportunity to perpetuate the insanity of your pretentiousness.

• plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To Jaded rightousness, please define living, or true freedom. Do you mean having no responsibilities, not owning anything, not earning an income, not enjoying the fruits of ones labor? Enlighten me please. Cause if having a piece of the pie means a persons a slave mentally, im not feeling that. Wealth = freedom. Being able to help friends and family, and do the things one wants to do, whether its matetialistic or not = freedom. I enjoy watching bball, football on 42" flatscreen that I've worked hard or hustled for. Although thats happiness on a small scale but it makes me happy. Some of my ancestors didnt have that option.
    If I wanna quit my job and be a ? , thats on me, but nobody's gonna come an whoop my ass if I choose to do so.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    it's not EXACTLY a new argument. it's just going to get all the attention right now

Yup, a game of convenience.