Romans 1:24-32

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL I'm "homotional" but you quoted yourself right after posting...

But yeah, I knew you were going to say that. It doesn't speak today my dude, not at all. Just because it's on a certain subject matter doesn't = past/present. Homosexuality is normal, yes normal because it's within nature, and it's in most animals in the animal kingdom, including us great apes. So it's nothing special when it speaks against homosexuality. Fact. It spoke to them, not us.

I think it's hilarious when they point out ONE verse for something and when you look at it in CONTEXT (as you say) and as a whole book/chapter, it's clearly talking to one person or more BACK THEN.

Stop. The bible was written for those ancient Hebrews, not for anyone outside that. You know it too, but you're trying to twist it to fit and be "okay" to use in modern times.

? is lazy as ? , dude needs to publish an updated book.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    VIBE wrote: »
    LOL I'm "homotional" but you quoted yourself right after posting...

But yeah, I knew you were going to say that. It doesn't speak today my dude, not at all. Just because it's on a certain subject matter doesn't = past/present. Homosexuality is normal, yes normal because it's within nature, and it's in most animals in the animal kingdom, including us great apes. So it's nothing special when it speaks against homosexuality. Fact. It spoke to them, not us.

I think it's hilarious when they point out ONE verse for something and when you look at it in CONTEXT (as you say) and as a whole book/chapter, it's clearly talking to one person or more BACK THEN.

Stop. The bible was written for those ancient Hebrews, not for anyone outside that. You know it too, but you're trying to twist it to fit and be "okay" to use in modern times.

? is lazy as ? , dude needs to publish an updated book.

It was a double post in error. And yeah you are very homotional and your femininity is showing..it's disgusting.

It's funny how you skipped over this part of my last post:

"The Word of The Most High is living and active...eternal and unchanging."

....yeah. You had to because if you did, that dumb ? you said about "great apes" wouldn't work and it doesn't fit YOUR worldview. You don't believe in it anyway.

Those scriptures wasn't talking about apes it was humans i.e. humanity..just stop trying falsely misconstrue scripture to fit your worldview because of your unbelief..making yourself look even more gullible.

Your defense on homosexuality raises red flags so you need to keep that secret of yours tucked.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Even if no one wants to accept that ? has anything to do with the happenings of the world, that passage has similarities to the way this world is now. There was a time when sexuality was taboo. Now, it's what sells everything. There was a time when parents had more of an authority over their kids. Now, parents get killed by their kids. There was a time when trust was valued. Now, "Don't Trust No One" is the motto that people live by.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Word of The Most High is unchanging.

incorrect

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VIBE - how is homosexuality okay just because animals do it?
  • VIBE
    I'm saying homosexuality is normal within almost all animals, just a fact. If it wasnt normal because it was against ? , then humans should only be doing it.

We are animals too though.
  • VIBE
    @DI LOL I skipped over it because it's false. Humans are apes though, you have seen the evidence so stop being ignorant. So humans, apes, same thing.

I also am not "defending" homsexuality, I'm saying that it's normal.

If I seemingly defend a soldier, am I a soldier? If I "defend" a president, am I a president?

LOL at "defending" homos and saying "well you must be one too". Such immature flawed logic. Goes hand in hand with your belief in ? and a bible.
  • Bodhi
    LOL at "defending" homos and saying "well you must be one too". Such immature flawed logic. Goes hand in hand with your belief in ? and a bible.

Not surprised.

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    @DI LOL I skipped over it because it's false. Humans are apes though, you have seen the evidence so stop being ignorant. So humans, apes, same thing.

I also am not "defending" homsexuality, I'm saying that it's normal.

If I seemingly defend a soldier, am I a soldier? If I "defend" a president, am I a president?

It's not false..but in YOUR WORLDVIEW (unbelief, hardened heart, hatred of Yah and everything about Yah it's false).
    But you saying "humans are apes" isn't immature flawed logic? GTFOH....and yes you are caping..hard. And homosexuality isn't "normal" it's a ? .

per·ver·sion [per-vur-zhuhn, -shuhn]
    noun
    1. Various means of human behavior that are excessive or deviated from what is considered to be orthodox or normal.

So a man having ? sex with another man is normal to YOU? Another red flag for you....
  • VIBE
    A female/female is normal to 99% of men, they get off on it. Do you? Don't lie. Again, WITHIN NATURE, it's normal. Just look around, you'll see it.

I see you're stuck on the hopes of me being possibly ? , that's cool, keep thinking bruh

I say it's false because it isn't "alive", and he changes his ways and words, the bible supports this.
  • Rock_Well
    edited June 2012
    isn't the person themselves making a judgment when objecting to the Bible's judgment against homosexuality? Bible says it's unnatural and sinful. Man says it's normal. Two diff judgments. So what makes your judgment right? Or even neutral? What standard are you going by? You trying to say its okay to use nature or animals as a standard for judging human behavior simultaneously implying that animals >>>human beings? Smh
  • VIBE
    Humans are animals bruh.
  • Rock_Well
    edited June 2012
    In the mammal sense, sure. lol dodging those questions at all costs.
    That's your answer? lol you just made a moral judgment. what part of humans making moral judgments has to do with animals? (watch how this won't be answered)
  • Bodhi
    In the mammal sense, sure.

smh

• Bodhi
    what part of humans making moral judgments has to do with animals? (watch how this won't be answered)

The observance and study of homosexuality in lesser animals has proven that homosexuality begins in the brain, is a part of animal psychology and is not so much a moral judgement.

• Bodhi

I see you're stuck on the hopes of me being possibly ? , that's cool, keep thinking bruh

he probably wants you to be ? so he can send you a PM

• VIBE
    That's your answer? lol you just made a moral judgment. what part of humans making moral judgments has to do with animals? (watch how this won't be answered)

Most animals (besides us) have morals to some degree, we can just elaborate further on what they are because we are an intelligent species.

You're going to tell me now that morals aren't in animals?

• VIBE
    isn't the person themselves making a judgment when objecting to the Bible's judgment against homosexuality? Bible says it's unnatural and sinful. Man says it's normal. Two diff judgments. So what makes your judgment right? Or even neutral? What standard are you going by? You trying to say its okay to use nature or animals as a standard for judging human behavior simultaneously implying that animals >>>human beings? Smh

I'll answer your questions since you get up-tight.

1. Yes.

2. The bible doesn't say that, men did. They preached against man on man homosexuality and there's only one verse that applies to lesbians. So it's clear, as we straight men think, a man on a man is a no-no but woman on woman is good.

3. It is normal within nature, so therefore anything that happens in nature is normal. Is murder normal in nature? Sure. Dolphins and Killer Whales ? for fun. Lions do too. Murder is normal as well, because it keeps populations in check.

4. My judgement is right and is by the standard of nature. Observe it.

5. We are animals and we are >>>> than any other. We are the top predators.
  • Rock_Well
    what part of humans making moral judgments has to do with animals? (watch how this won't be answered)

The observance and study of homosexuality in lesser animals has proven that homosexuality begins in the brain, is a part of animal psychology and is not so much a moral judgement.

Look back over the posts. I asked @VIBE what standard was he using to make the moral judgement against the statement in the Bible. Then asked if the standard he was using was animals and nature, which would imply animals>>>humans. His response, 'Humans are animals'. (Implying that human can use animal behavior as an objective standard of judgment concerning human behavior)

The problem is, as you just said, animals don't make moral judgments. But when a person draws a conclusion contrary to that in the Bible regarding what it says on moral issues like homosexuality being unnatural, sinful, and rightly punishable, that person is making a moral judgment. So what does that have to do with animals. The Bible says Genesis 2:20 "So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field. But for Adam no suitable helper was found." The Bible says that of all the beasts of the field and all the birds and live stock, none was comparable to him. Why do you think it says that? Would you say humans are comparable to animals even considering that animals can't read?
  • VIBE
    We are confined to animalistic traits because we are animals. We do as animals do but we are so much greater than them because we have evolved into intelligent beings. Just because we can think more intelligently and do things other animals can't do doesn't make us any less of an animal.

• Rock_Well
    edited June 2012

Most animals (besides us) have morals to some degree, we can just elaborate further on what they are because we are an intelligent species.

You're going to tell me now that morals aren't in animals?
    Depends on what aspect of morality you talking about. Genesis 2:20 makes the point that Adam found no helper comparable to him. So, no animals are not comparable to humans, especially when it comes to spirituality.
  • Rock_Well
    2. The bible doesn't say that, men did. They preached against man on man homosexuality and there's only one verse that applies to lesbians. So it's clear, as we straight men think, a man on a man is a no-no but woman on woman is good.
    You accept that the writers were men, but not that the writings came from ? which all the writers agree? Based on what? You used a double-standard here.
    It is normal within nature, so therefore anything that happens in nature is normal. Is murder normal in nature? Sure. Dolphins and Killer Whales ? for fun. Lions do too. Murder is normal as well, because it keeps populations in check.
    you used a double-standard here.
    What makes it murder in the case of animals normal, and is it the same in the case of humans? When humans murder other humans over colors, what about that is normal?
    so you've always told the truth when you speak?
    so you say
  • Bodhi
    edited June 2012

Look back over the posts. I asked @VIBE what standard was he using to make the moral judgement against the statement in the Bible. Then asked if the standard he was using was animals and nature, which would imply animals>>>humans. His response, 'Humans are animals'. (Implying that human can use animal behavior as an objective standard of judgment concerning human behavior)

The problem is, as you just said, animals don't make moral judgments. But when a person draws a conclusion contrary to that in the Bible regarding what it says on moral issues like homosexuality being unnatural, sinful, and rightly punishable, that person is making a moral judgment. So what does that have to do with animals. The Bible says Genesis 2:20 "So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field. But for Adam no suitable helper was found." The Bible says that of all the beasts of the field and all the birds and live stock, none was comparable to him. Why do you think it says that? Would you say humans are comparable to animals even considering that animals can't read?

Animals can and do make moral decisions. Humans are animals so human behavior is animal behavior, just like polar bear behavior is animal behavior, only some types of behaviors are exclusive to that particular species. The Bible shows its lack of understanding human and animal psychology when claiming that homosexuality is "sinful" and punishable. We may be greater than other animals in certain areas, as they are greater than us in others but regardless, homosexuality is observable not only in human beings but other animal species as well. It has nothing to do with moral decisions and moral judgements. Some animal brains just happen to be wired that way. Why would the Bible say that homosexuals should be punished when now that we know some humans are born to be that way? Could we not conclude that it is ? 's intention to create them with the possibility of being homosexual?
  • Bodhi
    What makes it murder in the case of animals normal, and is it the same in the case of humans? When humans murder other humans over colors, what about that is normal?

Good and evil do not exist in nature. Societies create the ideas of good and evil. Whatever preserves the being of that particular society is deemed as "good". What is destructive is "evil".

What is the purpose of murder?
  • VIBE
    Reasoning m
    You accept that the writers were men, but not that the writings came from ? which all the writers agree? Based on what? You used a double-standard here.
    It is normal within nature, so therefore anything that happens in nature is normal. Is murder normal in nature? Sure. Dolphins and Killer Whales ? for fun. Lions do too. Murder is normal as well, because it keeps populations in check.
    you used a double-standard here.
    so you've always told the truth when you speak?
    so you say

1. All the writers were men, yes. None of the writings came from ? , where is this at? ? never asked for a bible to be written, their "? " interacted with THEM, they wrote their bible based on word-of-mouth and not an actual day-by-day journal. So based on the bible, they themselves took it up to write this down, ? asked/did nothing.

2. Murder is natural based on animalistic instinct; the simple "survive" kicks in. It doesn't matter the situation, such as colors or other ? . We are animals who ? to survive, to show dominance, to show who the "king" is. The animal kingdom, such as ? , showcase this. So whether it's non-human animals or humans, murder is all the same overall. Sure there's different situations and whatnot but to get extremely technical is silly.

3. I have no clue why you ask this, but of course not, we are all liars.

4. Not so "I say", but so does science and biologist, so do anthropologist. You're silly to ignore their evidence.