Official OPEN 2012 NBA draft thread

Options

Comments

• ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    yeah that sullinger pick is a headscratcher. but its not like at that point in the draft you are gonna be drafting top tier players anyway. minus well take a chance on a high risk, high reward player.

yea for where they were drafting yea, taken a chance is expected. but like i said..ur gonna do it with two draft picks??..and on two picks that arent athletic, can't jump and got sizeable questions, how you a big man and expect to do ish in the nba if you have not atheltic ability...yeah they could be ok, yeah they may have KG to help but still..way too many questions, they were still more athletic big man out there they could of taken chance on , if the were gonna "take a chance". and still needed a scoring guard..they should of taken the dude (i forgot who picked after them) took, a spot up shooter, they still needed that.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ghost I like da Sullinger pick a hell of a lot more then wack ass Fab Melo at least he got a post game nd mid range jumper
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was never sold on Sullinger as a Freshman and it didn't seem like he progressed much last year. Robinson DESTROYED him in the tourney. He just strikes me as unathletic and I don't see how he's gonna compete at the 3 or 4
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    I was never sold on Sullinger as a Freshman and it didn't seem like he progressed much last year. Robinson DESTROYED him in the tourney. He just strikes me as unathletic and I don't see how he's gonna compete at the 3 or 4

i gotta cosign this...he's not athletic, and he has chronic back pains...how is that gonna succeed in the nba. and @ThrowedOffAxel, yea the pick is better then Melo, but neither of them makes me smile...neither of them are althetic, and to me, their stock went down considerably, i mean for Sullinger that's saying something when they dont even invite you to the draft...like damn...even that french dude the nuggets picked up (I think it was the nuggets, and i think he was french) got invited, but your ass didnt?

i dont see him nor Melo lasting long. They almost need KG to come back and coach this dude along, and i dont think KG cares to much about coaching any rookie for however long he may come back for.

• BlackAX410
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    aone415 wrote: »

i gotta cosign this...he's not athletic, and he has chronic back pains...how is that gonna succeed in the nba. and @ThrowedOffAxel, yea the pick is better then Melo, but neither of them makes me smile...neither of them are althetic, and to me, their stock went down considerably, i mean for Sullinger that's saying something when they dont even invite you to the draft...like damn...even that french dude the nuggets picked up (I think it was the nuggets, and i think he was french) got invited, but your ass didnt?

i dont see him nor Melo lasting long. They almost need KG to come back and coach this dude along, and i dont think KG cares to much about coaching any rookie for however long he may come back for.

he did it wit Jujuan Johnson last year i hope at least Melo can catch onto defensive rotations pretty quick but yea im wit a majority of celtics nation not thrilled wit either pick
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skip said NO can be new OKC...

maybe
  • BlackAX410
    Options

maybe

Hornets got talent man even tho they had a ? record last year they had hella injuries but played hard almost every game wouldnt surprise me if they made da playoffs next year
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

maybe

I'm done with that crakka... and Austin RIvers will not be able to score in the NBA like he did in the ACC... he's not particularly big or fast or strong or accurate (shooting) or unselfish (passing).... The NBA is filled with players like this that are good but not great... JR Smith comes to mind and he's better talent wise than Rivers is.

• newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could be wrong but Rivers is Mauburry/stevie Franchise without the strength or quickness. If you look at him play in high school and then watch him play in the sec you can see he wasn't able to the things he did in high school at the college level. It will multiply at the pro-level.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's just your typical score-first guard that lacks a consistant jump shot, he can get to the rim, needs the ball alot. isn't gonna come off screens or cut the basket without the ball, does have quick feet and can dribble. is best when isolated with the defender. there have been dozens of players like rivers.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Austin Rivers=Jamal Crawford 2.0 at best
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sullinger he is worth the risk at No. 21. Melo is big, has potential and is a knucklehead. He should hope that Kevin Garnett retires, because if both guys are on the team, Garnett will make Melo cry at least once a day in training camp
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo is from the city of ? b, he won't be fazed by garnett psuedo bullying..
  • Hotnikelz
    Hotnikelz Members Posts: 430
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

yea for where they were drafting yea, taken a chance is expected. but like i said..ur gonna do it with two draft picks??..and on two picks that arent athletic, can't jump and got sizeable questions, how you a big man and expect to do ish in the nba if you have not atheltic ability...yeah they could be ok, yeah they may have KG to help but still..way too many questions, they were still more athletic big man out there they could of taken chance on , if the were gonna "take a chance". and still needed a scoring guard..they should of taken the dude (i forgot who picked after them) took, a spot up shooter, they still needed that.

> Andrew Bynum
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »
    Melo is from the city of ? b, he won't be fazed by garnett psuedo bullying..
    ask Big Baby Garnett is ? to dem niccas on the Celts

• Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that fat ? sullinger better stay outta jajuans way. kg wont take him under his wing. he'll take fab melo b4 jared. he took stiemsma & jajuan last season. jared even said jajuan was the toughest player he's ever played against. so jared betta sit back a chill for awhile...& eat a few cheeseburgers and chocolate shakes you fat ? thats 2 chips away from a heart attack
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    I like that Jeremy Lamb pick though think he gonna be nice for Houston might be the end of the Kevin Martin era
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk what do ? got against sullinger....seems like people just talking down on him out of spite...give the young dude some time, last time I checked dejuan Blair has had a pretty solid career...imagine what sullinger could do with more height and both acl's..
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Real talk what do ? got against sullinger....seems like people just talking down on him out of spite...give the young dude some time, last time I checked dejuan Blair has had a pretty solid career...imagine what sullinger could do with more height and both acl's..

yea iont get da hate for him at all i can see if he had character issues but people shittin on him heavy even before he played a summer league game Im confident he gon have a chip on his shoulder nd shut hella haters up
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

mine stems from college and is pouring over into the nba now that him and jajuan on the same squad & play the same position. everybody else tho...idk.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? these fake bandwagoners on twitter yelling #teamhornets all of a sudden. I been "in" hoe.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    ? these fake bandwagoners on twitter yelling #teamhornets all of a sudden. I been "in" hoe.

Welcome to the club lol
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well my cousin got drafted to the maverics, so im happy for him
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Well my cousin got drafted to the maverics, so im happy for him
    which player was it?