The Man With The Iron Fists: WHAAAAAT!!!! RZA Directorial Debut!!!

13»

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mediocre at most. Batista only plays in ? movies. Russell Crow is that ? .
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? looks like it got some ill fatalities in it
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably gna be style over substance...Doesn't matter, though...its gonna look DOPE
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably gna be style over substance...Doesn't matter, though...its gonna look DOPE

Too be fair, that's pretty much the "Kung Fu movie" genre in a nutshell. That's like criticizing a liquid for being wet.

• allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭

Too be fair, that's pretty much the "Kung Fu movie" genre in a nutshell. That's like criticizing a liquid for being wet.

13 Assassins was on of the best movies to come out in the last few years. That wasn't style over substance.

• CeLLaR-DooR
    allied wrote: »

13 Assassins was on of the best movies to come out in the last few years. That wasn't style over substance.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon too
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited August 2012
    lol I knew someone would bring up those two movies. There are like a million Kung Fu movies out there. You guys mention the 2 that are contrary to the point I made and think that totally discounts the other 999,998. Come on. The Kung Fu movie genre is generally defined by over the top fight scenes and wackiness, not great stories. Are there some with good stories, yes, but they are not the standard and most of those films aren't even considered to be the same thing. No one really puts Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in the same vein as something like the Five Deadly Venoms and The Man with the Golden Arms.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no words!!!!!

Just need to know when this is coming out asap!!!!!!!!
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    lol I knew someone would bring up those two movies. There are like a million Kung Fu movies out there. You guys mention the 2 that are contrary to the point I made and think that totally discounts the other 999,998. Come on. The Kung Fu movie genre is generally defined by over the top fight scenes and wackiness, not great stories. Are there some with good stories, yes, but they are not the standard and most of those films aren't even considered to be the same thing. No one really puts Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in the same vein as something like the Five Deadly Venoms and The Man with the Golden Arms.

I agreed with you...was just playin' devil's advocate

• The Lonious Monk

I agreed with you...was just playin' devil's advocate

It's cool. It was just funny because I know as soon as I hit submit, someone would bring up Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. lol
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anybody actually see this? How was it? It's running on cable now
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    Did anybody actually see this? How was it? It's running on cable now

You shouldn't of even resurrected this thread man lmao. It was pretty weak to me, straight weed plate status.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    i forgot i even saw this ? ...i knew not to expect much going into it, but even with low standards it was wack.

the biggest problem i had was rza's screen time. if another actor played his role i might've actually enjoyed it.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ this thread now... ? was turrible.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Yes. I will be seeing this!

Can't believe I paid money to see this. Smh
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol ? was too excited about this movie. I haven't seen it I just heard it was bad.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not "bad", but it wasn't great either.

It's a very mediocre movie. The fight scenes were okay.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked it for what it was... a Kung fu flick...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.