Samsung Galaxy S3...Knockin em out da box!

Options

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From what I read...it supposedly uses 4G but some reports say the speed is near 4G but not exactly...

Just wait till it can get some firmware and rooted...? will be nice...

yo, they just told me this ? is going for $329 at the current upgrade rate

maphukas...that's only about 170 off the retail price...

I just might have to still get this though...I want this phone

@CainMarko keep me posted playa about the firmware and root process on this phone...if you find out before me, let me know...
  • terbear
    terbear Members Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Options
    as the number rep in sprint on the west coast let me let you tell you this galazy series ? on iphones the only downfall is everyon rides apples ? so hard , its like dell computers when they first came out specs are ? but mad people want hem because it said dell
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    so i should get this over the new evo? not sure. i got the original evo so i'm leaning towards the new evo just b/c i havne't never had one issue with my phone for 2 years now.

and will either phone have 4g any time some with sprint getting a new network.

Their LTE Network isnt even up....dont get that ?

yea that's what i didn't get. With the evo i got now it was the 1st phone with 4g but yet the new evo has to wait on the LTE network

Does the samsung phone have to wiat on that LTE also or can it use the current 4g

its on LTE also....If you gon get it dont get it on Sprint...yo ass gon be on 3G LOL
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so i should get this over the new evo? not sure. i got the original evo so i'm leaning towards the new evo just b/c i havne't never had one issue with my phone for 2 years now.

and will either phone have 4g any time some with sprint getting a new network.

Their LTE Network isnt even up....dont get that ?

yea that's what i didn't get. With the evo i got now it was the 1st phone with 4g but yet the new evo has to wait on the LTE network

Does the samsung phone have to wiat on that LTE also or can it use the current 4g

its on LTE also....If you gon get it dont get it on Sprint...yo ass gon be on 3G LOL

LTE should hit in KC(sprint headquarters until Centurytel buys them.) and the ATL this month.

I am going to get the Galaxy SIII and for one simple reason. Everyone has it and the accessories will be plenty. The EVO will suffer because of that damn kickstand I never used. I like the EVO UI because it has thing that are not restricted to Samsung products like lightbeam.

I want beats audio but it is not a must have and I aint paying $100 for some headphones. I lose them joints to much.
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got an Evo LTE after having the original for about 2 years... I love it so far, I'm spoiled with the HTC interface, I was gonna get a S3 but I just stuck with what I knew. I aint a big phone tech like yall ? but this ? is dope. I'm not gonna root it just yet, not even sure I would need to.
  • caddo man
    Options
    I have made my mind up. I will get the EVO 4G LTE.
    The reason: Not sure if lightbeam and all the other media share stuff will be able to work on other phones. I know HTC media share works for any phone.

Most of the good things about the Galaxy SIII is for samsung products. one of my TVs is Samsung but that is it.

and I am going to Radioshack. They have it for 149.99.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^Son I went to att to get my girl the HTC one. Them ? didn't acknowledge me so I said ? it and went to radio shack and save fifty dollars. The HTC one x is nice as ? tho. I just rooted my inspire and install a custom Rom so I don't think I will need a new phone until this one is dead and gone. Other than that I would be copping the one x.
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Everytime I remember what to post, I look back up @MrSoutCity's sig....

• MrSoutCity
    Options
    @CainMarko I am running the same. I had an ics Rom for a while but I am addicted to HTC sense. These Rom got my phone feeling brand new so Imma be keeping my ? for a while. When I am ready to switch I will file an insurance claim and hopefully they give me the HTC one x. Samsung cool but I can't ? with their touchwize UI.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Yep...Samsung and Motorola's UI are just pure ass. They make you go all out your way just to do simple tasks...
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    The stock android is also nice. I.got that on my.Samsung capitivate running ics.
  • caddo man
    Options
    I got the EVO LTE 4G and for right now it is straight. I stay in the ATL but I stay way out so I get 4G-lite. LOL!

1. I like the Beats audio that joint had me turning down my bass in my car. ? go hard.
    2. I ran this morning and tried it out. this joint was too big for my cellphone armband but I tried it anyway. It started to skip songs after about 20 minutes of running. I was so mad I couldnt finish my run.
    3. The U/I is good but I dont know if it because I am use to it or it is really good.
    4. The camera is great.

I will add on as I go.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    That beats audio is like that??? I need to do my research on it...
  • caddo man
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Get ready Jellybean is coming to the HTC one series phones and all the Galaxy series phones soon. It all depends on your provider. So look out for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33NOE1XhXBM

http://reviews.cnet.com/operating-systems/google-android-4-1/4505-3671_7-35339167.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1r
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Get ready Jellybean is coming to the HTC one series phones and all the Galaxy series phones soon. It all depends on your provider. So look out for it.

http://reviews.cnet.com/operating-systems/google-android-4-1/4505-3671_7-35339167.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1r

I will believe it when i see it..
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i'm just sticking with the new Fvo
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    Has jellybean even been release to the developers yet.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Damn I thought it was on XDA already.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Yo the EVO 4G LTE has other settings that give a better sound than the Beats audio. The mids seems to be drowned out by the beats audio.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Yo @Cain1 do me one and let us knows whats good out the box and those first impressions

The upgrade price is looking steeper than the grand canyon on my end...I'm letting it simmer a bit
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Copping the SGS3 Sept 5 soon as I get it out the box its getting rooted and putting Jellybean on it. I played with the One X which is nice but I have the HTC Inspire now and I want to go the Samsung route this next run.

Same here I was going to get the one x. But I already have the inspire and I just realise the sense is a ? memory hog.
  • Topps
    Topps Members Posts: 447
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Who do you download this to the Nexus?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    man why was I jelly when I get to the homegirl's house and she got the S3?

I'm like, "you don't even know what you got or how to use it properly"

That's like a broad copping the PS3 just to play her music cds

man I'm about to say ? waiting on it to go lower and just cop at the price I got now
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    I'm about to call att to see if I can get an early upgrade. I don't want this ? to get banned.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    them ? @ att aint give me an early upgrade. ? them.....