Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Why is Slick taking this so personal?
    ...have you read his usual posting
  • maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    heyslick wrote: »
    I know Hslick is on his troll game... (nothing new there)

... but what alot of people (including white people) dont understand is that there was a time after reconstruction (which was a failure) when WHITE people went into PURE TERRORISM mode on black people collectively !

The second rise of the KKK, sundown towns... and even a racist president like Woodrow Wilson helped to collectively shape the white supremacist mindset. Brotha's were getting stripped of just regular ordinary positions like Mail men ect. Federal positions were be taken away and just an all out systematic white supremacist movement that sparked the lowest point in American race relations.

White people have never seen black people as their equal. NEVER! This being a direct result of slavery obviously but the civil rights movement was definitely a step in the right direction. The point is that equal is not really equal at all!... its actually lopsided but kids are continuously being taught history in sporadic events or not even the complete story. So you will continuously have the Hslicks saying... "oh get over it..Slavery was years ago!" as if there was no concerted effort by the whites to place and keep blacks entrapped in second class citizenship.

I've NEVER SAID get over anything - period! Now stick that in your ? know it all ass and smoke it. Oh pity poor little me and play the damn victims the rest of your lives - this story has gotten so ? old - I'M TIRED OF IT. BTW GET THE ? UP & make something of yourselves - stop having so MANY damn babies you'll never be able to support let alone raise to be productive members of society.

I love Hey Slicks Racism...Racist ? , But at Least He's Honest! He's Wrong, But He's Honest! Ain't no Black Person Still Living in The Past, But We Won't & Shouldn't Forget! When we are Truly Equals in Every way in This Country then We'll stop Talking About it! When The Average Black Man Doesn't Have to Excel in Every Area just to Live Decent. Which Reminds me What Chris Rock said about His Neighborhood. Which Consist of Him, Mary J Blige & Some other Black Mega Star and a White Dentist. You Know What a Black Dentist would Have to do to Live There, Invent Teeth...lol. Funny, But True. The Average Black man or even The Well to do Black is a Step Below The Average White Boy & Rich White Man! Ain't no Victims, It's Just Truth & Maybe Your White Guilt Can't Deal with it! Btw You Never Address the Brother who was talking about the 2nd Rise of The KKK. You Just Got Mad & Accused all of us of Having Babies & Getting on Welfare....
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeyPrick has been holding back...but on this thread he's letting the fury of the kkkracker out.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    I know Hslick is on his troll game... (nothing new there)

... but what alot of people (including white people) dont understand is that there was a time after reconstruction (which was a failure) when WHITE people went into PURE TERRORISM mode on black people collectively !

The second rise of the KKK, sundown towns... and even a racist president like Woodrow Wilson helped to collectively shape the white supremacist mindset. Brotha's were getting stripped of just regular ordinary positions like Mail men ect. Federal positions were be taken away and just an all out systematic white supremacist movement that sparked the lowest point in American race relations.

White people have never seen black people as their equal. NEVER! This being a direct result of slavery obviously but the civil rights movement was definitely a step in the right direction. The point is that equal is not really equal at all!... its actually lopsided but kids are continuously being taught history in sporadic events or not even the complete story. So you will continuously have the Hslicks saying... "oh get over it..Slavery was years ago!" as if there was no concerted effort by the whites to place and keep blacks entrapped in second class citizenship.

I've NEVER SAID get over anything - period! Now stick that in your ? know it all ass and smoke it. Oh pity poor little me and play the damn victims the rest of your lives - this story has gotten so ? old - I'M TIRED OF IT. BTW GET THE ? UP & make something of yourselves - stop having so MANY damn babies you'll never be able to support let alone raise to be productive members of society.

the funny thing heyslick is you say you never said get over it yet in two sentences later you said get over it not in those exact words white privilege is very prevalent in this country as so throughout the world

I say what I mean and mean what I say -- don't twist it. FYI 'GET UP' has never implied otherwise. I'm an alcoholic and have been sober for almost 20 years (2013 will be 20 yrs.) wallowing in self-pity never got me anywhere and when the ? ants ignored me - it dawned on me to GET THE ? UP & become a real person and leave the alcohol and my drinking days behind me. I'm a tough individual and that doesn't mean ME goes around beating up on people - FYI so given my brief little bio - how in the ? am I so damn privileged - dont give me that ? about my skin color either.

• heyslick
    In my search for answers I came across this - seriously, just how long or how many more generations will this be the case for those who refuse to get up and make something of there lives??

Psychological Legacy of Slavery

Work, in a natural society, is looked upon with pride, both because it permits persons to express themselves and because it supplies their survival needs. As a natural form of expression, work is not too distinguishable from play. During slavery, work was used as a punishment. The need for workers was the most identifiable cause of the African-American's enslavement. Work came to be despised as any punishment is despised. Work became hated as does any activity which causes suffering and brings no reward for the doer. Work became equated with slavery. Even today, the African-American slang expres­sion which refers to a job as a "slave" communicates this painful connection.

Over the course of generations, work came to be a most hated activity. Despite the fact that we are over one hundred years removed from the direct slavery experience, African-Americans still, to a great extent, hate work. Work is identified with punishment. Work is equated with inferiority. Stampp (1956) also observes:

IMO - if some black Americans are still emotionally/psychologically enslaved who's fault is that? why do so many blacks ? each other - why do blacks have children then treat them like dirt and make them feel worthless? So is this mentality gonna go on like forever and ever.

• heyslick
    Here's a link that's very informative & explains the psychological aspects/angle - I'm enlightened and saddened at the same time - will African Americans always use this angle forever and ever?

http://gtuwi.tripod.com/psyclegslav.htm
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    me and my afro agree
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my search for answers I came across this - seriously, just how long or how many more generations will this be the case for those who refuse to get up and make something of there lives??

Psychological Legacy of Slavery

Work, in a natural society, is looked upon with pride, both because it permits persons to express themselves and because it supplies their survival needs. As a natural form of expression, work is not too distinguishable from play. During slavery, work was used as a punishment. The need for workers was the most identifiable cause of the African-American's enslavement. Work came to be despised as any punishment is despised. Work became hated as does any activity which causes suffering and brings no reward for the doer. Work became equated with slavery. Even today, the African-American slang expres­sion which refers to a job as a "slave" communicates this painful connection.

Over the course of generations, work came to be a most hated activity. Despite the fact that we are over one hundred years removed from the direct slavery experience, African-Americans still, to a great extent, hate work. Work is identified with punishment. Work is equated with inferiority. Stampp (1956) also observes:

IMO - if some black Americans are still emotionally/psychologically enslaved who's fault is that? why do so many blacks ? each other - why do blacks have children then treat them like dirt and make them feel worthless? So is this mentality gonna go on like forever and ever.

? . It's a difference between being hate work and being hate being FORCED to work. You're not fooling anyone with that tricknology.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to give heyslick the benefit of the doubt til I read the stop having so many babies line. Sounds like krakka talk to me. A lot of married black people dont even have kids, nor do they want to. This is how you and the rest of your krakka ass circle talk amongst yourselves. Yall are the ones stuck with that racist ass mindset. I bet you got some civil war reenacters in your family flying the confederate flag wishing the south had won.
  • heyslick
    plocc wrote: »
    I was trying to give heyslick the benefit of the doubt til I read the stop having so many babies line. Sounds like krakka talk to me. A lot of married black people dont even have kids, nor do they want to. This is how you and the rest of your krakka ass circle talk amongst yourselves. Yall are the ones stuck with that racist ass mindset. I bet you got some civil war reenacters in your family flying the confederate flag wishing the south had won.

I don't need your acceptance - I had enough gumption to at least research the psychological angle and tryin understand that aspect - are you telling me that to many black people aren't having more babies than they can raise let alone nurture to be decent citizens. One black man has had 24 children by 11 different women - WTF? so you just gonna ignore that & the consequences for the poor little children in the future - just keep ignoring that issue and it'll go away, RIGHT?

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

I don't need your acceptance - I had enough gumption to at least research the psychological angle and tryin understand that aspect - are you telling me that to many black people aren't having more babies than they can raise let alone nurture to be decent citizens. One black man has had 24 children by 11 different women - WTF? so you just gonna ignore that & the consequences for the poor little children in the future - just keep ignoring that issue and it'll go away, RIGHT?

Sounds more like you want Black people to stop outgrowing white people in birth rates. You are far too focused on only the negative aspects of such things. Do you ever dig up any positive stories. Black people in large are having as many kids but there are always a few. I know a women multiple women with 8 or more kids but most of their kids are upstanding citizens. You always have one bad apple that makes everyone look bad. I also know a man who has multiple kids including my uncle, but all are contributors to society and well educated. He looked out for all of them. But with that said, no one on this forum cosigned that guy having so many kids that he couldn't look out for. But what do you want us as a people to do to stop him, castrate him?

• heyslick
    FuriousOne wrote: »

Sounds more like you want Black people to stop outgrowing white people in birth rates. You are far too focused on only the negative aspects of such things. Do you ever dig up any positive stories. Black people in large are having as many kids but there are always a few. I know a women multiple women with 8 or more kids but most of their kids are upstanding citizens. You always have one bad apple that makes everyone look bad. I also know a man who has multiple kids including my uncle, but all are contributors to society and well educated. He looked out for all of them. But with that said, no one on this forum cosigned that guy having so many kids that he couldn't look out for. But what do you want us as a people to do to stop him, castrate him?

Don't tell me I initiate negativity around and within this site - karma is a two-way street in the real world, what makes U think this place is any different? It's not about the man having all them children & it's about the poor innocent children that don't get the same opportunities as others - then some folks putting the blame out there & when in fact its the sorry man who couldn't keep his sipper closed & take care of what he produces - oh ME forgot hes still psychologically enslaved. HOLY COW give me a break,brother.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2012

Don't tell me I initiate negativity around and within this site - karma is a two-way street in the real world, what makes U think this place is any different? It's not about the man having all them children & it's about the poor innocent children that don't get the same opportunities as others - then some folks putting the blame out there & when in fact its the sorry man who couldn't keep his sipper closed & take care of what he produces - oh ME forgot hes still psychologically enslaved. HOLY COW give me a break,brother.

What, i can't tell you that you are only focused on negativity and respond to little else other then you sexual misgivings? Stop the nonsense. You put yourself into it. That black man made foolish decisions that were beyond HIS means. That doesn't apply to all as you so eagerly want it to. I even gave you personal examples. Miss me with your false equivalence. The issue of a man not knowing how to control his ? which most, even blacks on this site agree to isn't the same as the white privilege that exist. This is something overt. It's as innate as that sense that the ancestors of the slave are aware of their history and how white people view them on face value. You just enjoy finding thinks to validate the opinion of inferiority that your people have had of us sense the first shackles were applied. The funny thing is, you like to quote slavery and tell us to get over it but you fail to mention the events after post slavery that slowed our ability to get over it when we were well on our way.
  • heyslick

What, i can't tell you that you are only focused on negativity and respond to little else other then you sexual misgivings? Stop the nonsense. You put yourself into it. That black man made foolish decisions that were beyond HIS means. That doesn't apply to all as you so eagerly want it to. I even gave you personal examples. Miss me with your false equivalence. The issue of a man not knowing how to control his ? which most, even blacks on this site agree to isn't the same as the white privilege that exist. This is something overt. It's as innate as that sense that the ancestors of the slave are aware of their history and how white people view them on face value. ]b\You just enjoy finding thinks to validate the opinion of inferiority that your people have had of us sense the first shackles were applied[/b]. The funny thing is, you like to quote slavery and tell us to get over it but you fail to mention the events after post slavery that slowed our ability to get over it when we were well on our way.

Yelp you got us ALL figured out and lined up for execution (what next? we all look alike??) n the court of public opinion - case closed. BTW I NEVER use or have used the term you love to use --- 'get over it' NOT MY TYPE of verbiage or sentiments. Also how can anyone get over something if THEY REFUSE to GET UP? I'm done.

• Jabu_Rule

What, i can't tell you that you are only focused on negativity and respond to little else other then you sexual misgivings? Stop the nonsense. You put yourself into it. That black man made foolish decisions that were beyond HIS means. That doesn't apply to all as you so eagerly want it to. I even gave you personal examples. Miss me with your false equivalence. The issue of a man not knowing how to control his ? which most, even blacks on this site agree to isn't the same as the white privilege that exist. This is something overt. It's as innate as that sense that the ancestors of the slave are aware of their history and how white people view them on face value. ]b\You just enjoy finding thinks to validate the opinion of inferiority that your people have had of us sense the first shackles were applied[/b]. The funny thing is, you like to quote slavery and tell us to get over it but you fail to mention the events after post slavery that slowed our ability to get over it when we were well on our way.

Yelp you got us ALL figured out and lined up for execution (what next? we all look alike??) n the court of public opinion - case closed. BTW I NEVER use or have used the term you love to use --- 'get over it' NOT MY TYPE of verbiage or sentiments. Also how can anyone get over something if THEY REFUSE to GET UP? I'm done.

You've used the context like you used it just now. We been getting up, which is why you jack our style and attempt to put us down again at every turn no matter what we do. You just don't like us to talk about it. And yest i do have you and your people pegged the same way you assume things on us. How does it feel?