18 year old, 1st time offender gets 162 years for armed robberies...in FLORIDA

13»

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    This is the kind of case a lot of groups are scared as hell to touch and here's why:

Very few people like arguing on behalf of criminals, even less like arguing on behalf of VIOLENT criminals. Regardless of how egregious the sentence most people will state that he did the crime and he deserves the time (naturally assuming a fair trial). Then of course the "what ifs" and the "next times" come out to make it just a hopeless cause.

At most they can work to get his sentence reduced or to change the law so no one else can get this kind of sentence but its doubtful that will change, especially in the state of Florida.

First of all ? that little ? I dont feel sorry for his ass at all.

Secondly, I agree with the above post.

Third, this is cruel and unusual punishment in my view. Armed Robbers DO NOT take your life from you. You can always replace whatever is stolen. Even the fear from being robbed will likely subside long before this kid dies in prison. But we all know who these laws are intended to affect the most. WHich is why Im against this practice.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »
    ? ass crackers give a ? a hundred years
    Have ya mama leavin' out the courtroom in tears
    Crackers don't love to have a ? breathin' for real
    Take a ? life from him they don't know how it feel..

Plies said it best..
    somehow I don't feel bad for cuzzo

it's ? up...............but come on bruh

multiple robberies tho? SMH

dude its killers that aint get that much time...
    this lil boy aint done no violent ? to nobody..
    he aint a threat to the community..

162yrs is ? outragious
    for a 1st offender with a non-violent crime..

people never give a ? until it happens to them or someone they love..

LMAO @ the irony of the bolded and the underlined

how would you feel bruh if the lil ? ran in your spot, or ya mom's house?

the reason the justice system is flawed is cause mofos easily play into its hands

you should have enough sense to know that ? is biased against you..................so why multiple robberies?

tough break for the lil dude :shrugs

162yrs is unnecessary..
    hes only 18yrs old..
    he can be taught a lesson..

if he broke into my house or my mothers house,
    he may not make it out alive..

but if he does make it out
    then later happen to get caught by the police,
    I wouldnt want the judge to give him
    a punishment that doesnt fit the crime..

the bolded is ass backwards logic

you saying if he broke into your ? , it's ok for the lil ? to get the death penalty thru street justice

but then you turn around and become upset cause a formal court system basically gave him the same punishment

bruh you might be part of the problem why the system is so ? up

What he said actually makes sense he's just not the best at explaining himself apparently.

When something is done personally to you you would react more aggressively than had it been done to someone else. The you'd be taking vengeance on someone who has personally insulted/offended/violated/etc your home and your personal space. ? would be personal to you.

Our court system is not supposed to be vengeful and emotional. Sort of like a referee. That's why he's comment isnt ass backwards at all. It's GOVERNMENT vs. PERSONAL. Apples and Oranges.
  • NotAName4
    NotAName4 Members Posts: 27
    Darxwell wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    This is the kind of case a lot of groups are scared as hell to touch and here's why:

Very few people like arguing on behalf of criminals, even less like arguing on behalf of VIOLENT criminals. Regardless of how egregious the sentence most people will state that he did the crime and he deserves the time (naturally assuming a fair trial). Then of course the "what ifs" and the "next times" come out to make it just a hopeless cause.

At most they can work to get his sentence reduced or to change the law so no one else can get this kind of sentence but its doubtful that will change, especially in the state of Florida.

First of all ? that little ? I dont feel sorry for his ass at all.

Secondly, I agree with the above post.

Third, this is cruel and unusual punishment in my view. Armed Robbers DO NOT take your life from you. You can always replace whatever is stolen. Even the fear from being robbed will likely subside long before this kid dies in prison. But we all know who these laws are intended to affect the most. WHich is why Im against this practice.

I agree, armed robbers dont take your life from you. But due to the fact he had a weapon increses the chance of him repeat offending and potentialy killing somebody. Though i say he got what he deserved, I do feel like the sentance was overkill, especialy when murderers and sex offenders get less time although they have already affected somebodies existance.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    pralims wrote: »
    lets see how much time the colorado white boy gets compared to this dude
    i have a theory that's one of those cases where you're not going to seem him get a minimal amount of time
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Darxwell wrote: »
    ? ass crackers give a ? a hundred years
    Have ya mama leavin' out the courtroom in tears
    Crackers don't love to have a ? breathin' for real
    Take a ? life from him they don't know how it feel..

Plies said it best..
    somehow I don't feel bad for cuzzo

it's ? up...............but come on bruh

multiple robberies tho? SMH

dude its killers that aint get that much time...
    this lil boy aint done no violent ? to nobody..
    he aint a threat to the community..

162yrs is ? outragious
    for a 1st offender with a non-violent crime..

people never give a ? until it happens to them or someone they love..

LMAO @ the irony of the bolded and the underlined

how would you feel bruh if the lil ? ran in your spot, or ya mom's house?

the reason the justice system is flawed is cause mofos easily play into its hands

you should have enough sense to know that ? is biased against you..................so why multiple robberies?

tough break for the lil dude :shrugs

162yrs is unnecessary..
    hes only 18yrs old..
    he can be taught a lesson..

if he broke into my house or my mothers house,
    he may not make it out alive..

but if he does make it out
    then later happen to get caught by the police,
    I wouldnt want the judge to give him
    a punishment that doesnt fit the crime..

the bolded is ass backwards logic

you saying if he broke into your ? , it's ok for the lil ? to get the death penalty thru street justice

but then you turn around and become upset cause a formal court system basically gave him the same punishment

bruh you might be part of the problem why the system is so ? up

What he said actually makes sense he's just not the best at explaining himself apparently.

When something is done personally to you you would react more aggressively than had it been done to someone else. The you'd be taking vengeance on someone who has personally insulted/offended/violated/etc your home and your personal space. ? would be personal to you.

Our court system is not supposed to be vengeful and emotional. Sort of like a referee. That's why he's comment isnt ass backwards at all. It's GOVERNMENT vs. PERSONAL. Apples and Oranges.

I have to disagree with you tho brother Darx

cause remember we are talmbout a ? who committed multiple crimes

so this simple lil dude actually had time in between to think about what he was doing

as far as govt vs. personal, the govt should be considered an extension of the people since the people elect who runs the govt

and as much as mofos don't want to admit it, the population of FL is more than cool with this sentence otherwise you would see more rage from FL residents

as far as a personal attack justifying a harsher response, that's kind of hypocritical cause it's like you indirectly saying it's ok until it happens to you
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the sentence was too much. A simple 80 years would have been fine.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While he deserves to be locked up for what he did, you don't think 162 years is a little excessive? There's murderers who don't even get that much time.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    162 is a lot. But it seems like he got the time his boys would have gotten also.

My dude got 22years when he was 15 for armed robbery with no gun busting.
  • locksmith1
    locksmith1 Members Posts: 293
    Hell yeah the sentence is excessive, they need to reduce his time because he is a first time offender. The punishment doesn't fit his crime. 162 years!!! That is insane for a few arm robberies. On the other hand, if you look at his actions with objectivity you will take note that some of these crimes homie commited could have result in death of either him, friends or the victims that had got robbed. Luckily for him he didn't end up dead but will be dead in prison if homie can't a good lawyer to help reduce his time.

• Aquafina..floe
    Aquafina..floe Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why is it everytime when a black person does some ? they get some off the wall charge with some off the wall sentencing....seriously this is getting out of hand
  • Aquafina..floe
    Aquafina..floe Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my homeboy out here robbed 3 Stores armes...a 711 an ampm and a shell...in 3 diff counties all in the same night..4 years ago here is WA STATE where jurisdiction is a bit more stricter.....this was his first offense and he only got 2 ina half years... come on now...