So I Just Ordered Insanity...

Options
Idiopathic Joker
Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
edited July 2012 in The Weight Room
Anyone tried it?

Good idea?

Bad Idea?

Anyone know if it actually works if I stick through it?

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Number one: Dont buy that ? . Just ask someone. the boot leg joint is a easy find.
    Number two: If you diet right and do a hour worth of exercise ANYTHING would work.
    Number three: Everyone I have talked to about it, quit becuase of their "schedule".

If you have the time to do it. DO IT!
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't do if you really want to gain muscle.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    c/s @caddoman , i downloaded the torrent of that ? . handed it out to a few friends.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can fat people PLEASE stop doing Insanity? Your not build for it, you could straight up ? your knees up.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lost some weight doing it.. basically its a long HIIT session so depending on your goals it can work
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh yea and like the man said.. dont buy that ?
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Insanity is bad tough on your knees. If you're fat, I wouldn't recommend doing it till you feel you're at least in a decent enough shape for high intensity training. Fat people are more likely to do it a few times and drop it all together.
  • COUGH DROP
    COUGH DROP Members Posts: 20
    Options
    waste of time... best thing to do is use portions of the work outs to get your cardio on point other than that its trash
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iono wtf happened but I ? my knee up squatting

consider this a free post
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    COUGH DROP wrote: »
    waste of time... best thing to do is use portions of the work outs to get your cardio on point other than that its trash

I agree. I try to always have my weight lifting workout "out do" my cardio...a 60/40 ratio if you will. Both are essential, but weights will keep you trim since they utilize your muscles more heavily.

• huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »

some people have torn an acl by simply standing or walking awkwardly
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I downloaded both Insanity and P90X. I haven't done Insanity but I stopped doing P90X, just got lazy about it.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much was the set? I've been thinking about trying it, but never got a price....
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw the promotion for Insanity and was like, "Nope. Not doin' that ? ." The were talking about puking when you first start. ? that crazy ? .
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    1. You coulda downloaded it off a torrent
    2. Youtube got plenty of workout videos for free that are even better.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    unless you are fat, you just wasted your money.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    RodrigueZz wrote: »

some people have torn an acl by simply standing or walking awkwardly

That's sad ... got damn how the ? do you explain that to people without getting clowned
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you must buy(or steal), buy(or steal) In this order:

Billy Blank DVD's - the Original . TOTAL body workout. Excellent series. great for all body types and skill sets, incorporates Taekwondo and lots of Cardio. Excellent for raising your cardio and metabolism. A+

P90X - Great series but incorporates muscle confusion and you get ripped faster than all the other DVD's. A

Insanity - Mostly focus on Cardio and Core, which are excellent for getting a ripped core and higher Cardio. A-

So depending on where you are in your workout life, pick the one that fits the best. I personally swear by Billy Blanks.

• MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has anybody heard anything about shaun t's hip hop abs?
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I picked it up, 1st month was pretty full on, 2nd month found a huge increase in stamina.

Like said above by another, I found it started to cause bit of pain on my knees as was not used to all the jumping and explosive movements, been many years since played b'ball for example.

Now I just use a workout at most twice a week, and is not bad, something different. I found definitely a plus when pouring with rain outside and just want to start something, so I hit PLAY and run with it
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I personally hate being told what to do when I'm working out so I really don't mess with workout DVD's anymore

It looks pretty intense though

And the ThePiratebay is your friend if you're looking get that type of stuff for free