THE INCREDIBLE HULK (NUFF SAID)

Options

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WORLD BREAKER TELLS DR. STRANGE TO GET HIS ASS, MAN, WOMEN AND CHILD OFF THE PLANET NOW!!!

WWHStrikingPower21634.jpg
  • waterproof
    edited July 2014
    Options
    MOMENTS LATER STRANGE WAS GONE, LOL!! HULK SMASH NUFF SAID

1964061-incredible_hulks__634_015_16.jpg

• waterproof
    Options
    So Tony Starks helped Banner to get his Mind right from the gun shot head blast and he also tinkered with the Gamma Bomb that turn Banner to Hulk.

Starks needs his ass beat
  • waterproof
    Options
    HULK vs. IRON MAN (Part 2) / Original Sin 3.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyXLqFqRgs
  • waterproof
    Options
    91a754339936634.jpg

My signed copies of my favourite issues of Peter David's first Hulk run, with Gary Frank signatures on the issues he did the art for.

Damn! That was a classic run you got autographed, One of Comics greatest writer's and artist.

• waterproof
    Options
  • waterproof
    Options
    Yeah World Breaker Hulk the Hulk that fan boys love to hate
  • waterproof
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Yeah World Breaker Hulk the Hulk that fan boys love to hate

I think in terms of popularity it goes Savage Hulk, Professor, Green Scar, Mr Fixit and Pak "Unified" Hulk.

What you think of Doc Green, Hulk New persona
  • spayspay
    spayspay Members Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    Options
    All that old, old ? is legendary.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Doc Green is a badass, Doc Green is smarter than Bruce David Robert Banner due to extremist and he is manipulator, Doc Green does not sleep for he's afraid that Puny Banner might take over and end his mission to rid the world of gamma weapons and beings
  • waterproof
    Options
    Hulk got three threads on the first page!

HULK SMASH! NUFF SAID
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a little confused, is Banner trapped?
  • waterproof
    Options
    #jp-carousel-14762

meet DOC GREEN

THE HULK GETS ANOTHER PERSONA, SAY HELLO TO “DOC GREEN”
    Azure Knight
    In August’s Hulk #5 by Gerry Duggan and Mark Bagley, the Hulk ponders his new situation and has an epiphany – he needs to apply his super-intelligence to rid the world of gamma energy, including gamma-enhanced beings like himself, which of course will put him at odds with other gamma-irradiated characters like the Red Hulk and She-Hulk.

-Newsarama

So yet again the Hulk gets a new persona, this one goes by the name “Doc Green”, who is supposed to have Hulk level strength but still retain Bruce Banner’s high intellect. Now this isn’t the first time the Hulk had a high IQ (see the Professor), but this one seems to have a bit more ego than previous ones.

As it mentions above, Doc Green decides that the world would be a much better place without other gamma-radiated characters like himself, which makes perfect sense for villains like the Abomination and The Leader, but what about other Gamma heroes like She-Hulk and Red Hulk? How far does he plan to go to get rid of them?

This sounds like to me Doc Green doesn’t want any competition for the “Strongest One There Ts” title but who knows, and while I like that this Hulk has increased intelligence, the World War Hulk or “Warbound Hulk” is probably the best iteration Marvel has ever had. His fighting prowess and general street smarts put the whole Marvel Universe on its back and it couldn’t get back up (ir. He LITERALLY knocked Luke Cage into another book!!).

I really wished that persona would have lasted outside of the story arc because while he might not have been considered a “genius”, he definitely knows to whoop some serious ass.(Not that any “other” Hulk couldn’t do that, but you catch my drift).

• waterproof
    Options
    HULK VS THANOS!!!!!!

I WAS EXPECTING THE SAVAGE HULK TO FACE THANOS but that's not going to happen but here's Jim Starlin

Hulk

Titans Collide in Hulk Vs. Thanos

Jim Starlin prepares to pit two of Marvel’s mightiest against one another and an array of guests later this year!

Jim Beard
    Published
    Sep 12, 2014
    Updated
    Sep 12, 2014
    Share:

Comments:
    Jim Starlin’s got his hands and plate full with his new four-issue limited series, THANOS VS. HULK, out later this year.

The story, if you’ve already guessed, pits our favorite green giant against the cosmos’ greatest villain in a winner-takes-all contest—who wins? Who loses? Who survives? We sidled up to Starlin for a few clues.

Marvel.com: Jim, does THANOS VS. HULK lead off from any previous tales of yours? Can an interested reader come in cold?

Jim Starlin: A reader only has to know who the Hulk and Thanos are—which is just about anyone who knows the name Marvel these days. The story is self contained, even though it is part of the tale begun in THANOS ANNUAL and the INFINITY REVELATION original graphic novel. Strangely enough, though, this story takes place before INFINITY REVELATION, as did THANOS ANNUAL.

Marvel.com: Inquiring minds want to know: which version of the Hulk are you using in the series?

Thanos Vs. Hulk #1 cover by Jim Starlin
    MoreI
    Jim Starlin: I based this story’s Hulk on the version Mark Waid was writing in INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK. That's what editorial sent me to read, in order to catch up on what Mean & Green has been up to. The only thing I changed was giving him longer hair than that series had.

Marvel.com: We heard that things kick off with Pip the Troll abducting Hulk—why would he do that?

Jim Starlin: Annihilus has something Pip terribly wants and so he kidnaps Bruce Banner to trade for that something. Buyer’s regret sets in and the story continues onward.

Marvel.com: Wait—Annihilus? How big of a part does he play in the story? Why is he a great villain to use?

Thanos Vs. Hulk #1 preview art by Jim Starlin
    MoreIJim Starlin: Annihilus is throughout the series. He wants the Hulk/Banner for his own nefarious reasons. Telling you any more than that would prove a spoiler. I'm using him in the story because he’s already a great villain that could be even scarier than he already is.
    Marvel.com: What are some of the places we'll travel to in THANOS VS. HULK?

Jim Starlin: Starts on Earth, goes to Starlin’s Bar, then onto the Negative Zone and ends back on Earth. There’s also a little spell where we hang in what may or not be Bruce Banner’s psyche. So the scope is rather large and diverse.

Marvel.com: How will you bring Thanos into it? What kind of past history does he have with the Hulk?

MoreIJim Starlin: It's not his history with the Hulk that brings Thanos into the tale. Long-time readers will recall that the Titan and a certain troll have a past affiliation. The fact of the matter is that Pip plays as big a role in this tale as any of the other characters, including the Hulk. So some unusual twists and turns should be expected.

Marvel.com: What other characters will guest-star?

Jim Starlin: Iron Man makes an appearance along with certain members of S.H.I.E.L.D. You’ll also find many of the usual suspects hanging around Starlin’s Bar. Yes, it’s pure ego that drives me to add that location to the story.
    Marvel.com: Hey, who could blame you? So, for a project like this, what's the biggest advantage for you to both write and draw? What if any are the challenges?

MoreIJim Starlin: The advantages of this arrangement keep fights between the writer and artist down to a minimum. The challenges? When a fight does break out between the writer and artist it gets very ? very fast. Still healing from the final issue.
    Look for HULK VS. THANOS by Jim Starlin later this year!

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/23257/titans_collide_in_hulk_vs_thanos#ixzz3DBF6WHIL
  • waterproof
    Options
    SAVAGE HULK VS DR, STRANGE

Hulk

Savage Hulk: Return to the Crossroads

Corinna S. Bechko and Gabriel Hardman revisit a classic period for the Green Goliath, also featuring Dr. Strange!

Tim O'Shea
    @talkingwithtim
    Published
    Sep 10, 2014
    Updated
    Sep 10, 2014
    Share:

Comments:
    The anthology format of SAVAGE HULK enables Marvel creators to explore a variety of periods in Hulk’s rich history. Starting October 8, with SAVAGE HULK #5, the writing team of Corinna S. Bechko and artist Gabriel Hardman—also wife and husband—embark on a two-issue journey that revisits the mid-1980’s Hulk banishment to the Crossroads by Dr. Strange.

The two creators clearly relish the chance to revisit a unique era in which Hulk—seemingly stripped of any shred of his humanity and completely silent—instead lets his brutal actions speak for him!

Marvel.com: Hulk and Dr. Strange have a rich history from their days as fellow Defenders, but in SAVAGE HULK the stakes are different as they battle each other--since this story is set in the Bill Mantlo-written/Crossroads/Banished Hulk era. How exciting was it to delve into that era of the two characters’ history?

Gabriel Hardman: The Crossroads era is great story fodder for a couple of reasons. There’s a built in conflict between Dr. Strange and Hulk in this time period because Strange banished Hulk from Earth for being an uncontrollable monster. And since there is little or no Banner left in the Hulk of this era, there’s no reasoning with him. Also, Hulk has been banished to an inter-dimensional crossroads—hence the name—where he can go to endless new worlds, trying to find refuge. That kind of set-up gives you the opportunity to go anywhere.

Marvel.com: What attracted you two to tackling these two characters in particular?

Corinna S. Bechko: Hulk is such a tragic character, especially during the Mantlo run. He’s in every way a monster, but despite his rage and desperation he really just wants a home and a friend. Hulk may not realize it but Strange is probably the only real friend he has left—Puffball Collective not withstanding, and not a very good friend at any rate—yet he’s the one who banished Hulk from his home. There aren’t many pairings that are more dramatic than that!

Marvel.com: Were you both intrigued by the anthology element of the project?

Corinna S. Bechko: Definitely! I love anthology series like this. It’s great as a reader to get a range of creative teams tackling a character, and as a writer it’s fun to delve into an era that suits your strengths and sensibilities.

Gabriel Hardman: Yeah, this is my favorite kind of freelance project. It’s something where we can tell a beginning, middle and end story, putting all our focus into making it a satisfying whole rather than dovetailing with active continuity. That said, I love long-form storytelling in comics too. We’ve done that on “[Betrayal of the Planet of the] Apes” and “Star Wars” but not yet on a super hero book.

Savage Hulk #5 preview art by Gabriel Hardman
    MoreI
    Marvel.com: Gabriel, you have collaborated with SAVAGE HULK editor Mark Paniccia in the past—was that part of what piqued your interest in creating this two-part arc?

Gabriel Hardman: Definitely. I had a great time working with Mark on ATLAS and HULK. Corinna and I have been talking to Mark about doing a project for him for a while and it was great timing when this came together. Hope to work with him more in the future too.

Marvel.com: Can the two of you talk about the challenges of writing dialogue for Animal/Monster Hulk in particular--what is the key to getting him to sound just right?

Corinna S. Bechko: In this case he’s so completely an animal that he’s actually non-verbal. That meant that we couldn’t rely on dialogue to carry the mood or Hulk’s emotions. Instead, we had to craft the scenes so that Hulk could express himself through action—and through Gabriel’s masterfully expressive rendering of gesture and ? expressions.

Gabriel Hardman: I didn’t coerce her into saying that.

Marvel.com: Given that it truly is a savage Hulk, how challenging was it to write the story from Dr. Strange's point of view?

Corinna S. Bechko: We just kept in mind that Strange feels responsible for Banner/Hulk. No matter what, Strange wants what’s best for Hulk, and wants to honor their friendship even though at this point in their shared history Strange believes that Banner is gone for good and Hulk can’t reciprocate. As long as we didn’t lose sight of that fact, it wasn’t hard to get inside his head.

MoreI
    Marvel.com: What is it about Jordan Boyd's coloring approach that enables him to complement your art and be someone you love to collaborate with frequently?

Gabriel Hardman: Jordan has great taste and can deftly navigate my more expressive line work. My art can be deceptively difficult to color because I use a lot of texture and rough brushwork. You can’t just use flat colors but you also can’t over-render or it will get too busy. I’m very picky about the colorists I work with and when I saw the work he was doing with Marc Laming on “King’s Watch” at Dynamite, I thought our styles could match up. I had co-written “Exile on the Planet of the Apes” with Corinna that Marc drew so I knew his work well and could see what Jordan was bringing to it. They’re a great team too. I got Jordan to color my last arc of “Star Wars: Legacy” and we’ve been working together since. He’s also coloring “Invisible Republic,” our upcoming sci-fi book from Image.

Marvel.com: One of my favorite things about Dr. Strange are his spells and incantations, did the two of you have a contest who could have Strange say something quirky or interesting?

Gabriel Hardman: I have to admit, we didn’t really go down the “Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth” road. Somehow he just forgot to say that stuff for these two issues. Not sure how that happened…oh, wait. I know exactly how that happened.

Corinna S. Bechko: [Laughs] Well, we did talk a lot about how Strange would act under these circumstances. Is there anything that would throw him for a loop? What if his extra-dimensional shrimp counterpart showed up and accused him of the worst crime imaginable? We decided that no, he’d still be Strange. Curious, maybe, but always imperious and logical. Once we agreed on that, I think we both had a good idea of his personality and a grasp on how to write him.

MoreI
    Marvel.com: Are there certain Dr. Strange runs that inspired your take on the sorcerer?

Gabriel Hardman: Not a specific run. I know I’ve always enjoyed the character and wanted to take a shot at him. In a lot of ways you have to find your own hook for a character like this and go with it. There are endless interpretations out there of any of these characters who’ve been around for 50+ years. You have to stay true to their spirit but find your own path.

SAVAGE HULK revisits the Green Goliath’s history with Corinna S. Bechko and Gabriel Hardman beginning on October 8!

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/23234/savage_hulk_return_to_the_crossroads#ixzz3DBGI2VIb
  • waterproof
    Options
    In the Marvel Universe, Bruce Banner is renowned for his intellect and his alter ego, the Hulk, is infamous for his strength. There have been instances where Banner's personality gained control of the Hulk's immensely powerful physical form, but the savage Hulk has never been both the smartest and strongest there is -- until now!

New series writer Gerry Duggan and artist Mark Bagley introduced readers to Doc Green, an Extremis-enhanced Hulk who is possibly even smarter than his "puny" alter ego and is in total control of their shared form. The issue also gave readers hints of Doc Green's grand plan: to eliminate other gamma enhanced heroes and villains from the Marvel Universe. What's caused this newest incarnation of the Hulk to embark on such a scheme? And how driven is he to accomplish his quest? Duggan spoke with CBR News about introducing Doc Green, what that means for Banner and the future of his "Hulk" run.

CBR News: Gerry, in "Hulk" #5 we met the newest incarnation of the title character, Doc Green. Green is not exactly like this character, but if I had to find a past incarnation of the Jade Juggernaut that he's most like I would have to say the "Gestalt" Hulk who led the Pantheon. Is that a fair comparison?

Gerry Duggan builds a stronger, smarter "Hulk" with the latest incarnation, Doc Green
    Gerry Duggan: I think so. There have been times that Hulk has displayed some real intelligence. What separates this Hulk, I think, is he's never been as smart as he is now. His intelligence is greater than Banner's. I also think it's safe to question his moral alignment. What is interesting to note is that Doc Green doesn't identify with any previous incarnation of the Hulk, and even dislikes being called "Hulk."

Hulk has always had the power to back up his claim that he's the strongest there is, but does he now have the intellect to stake the claim that he's the smartest there is as well?

For sure. In fact I think he actually says that in an upcoming issue. I think this Hulk is a little scary. It's easy to see why his mission of depowering these other Hulks is a good idea, but if you're a huge fan of one of these Hulks then I think it's safe to say he's not the hero in this story.

RELATED: Waid & Gillen Atone for the Original Sins of "Hulk" & "Iron Man"

I mentioned the Gestalt Hulk earlier, which was controlled by Banner's personality, but Doc Green is different because this is essentially a super genius level Hulk who has locked away Banner's persona. Is that correct?

That is correct. As the first part of our story progresses you'll get to meet Doc Green a bit more. He's dominating the Banner persona in the way that Banner used to dominate the dumb Hulk. Doc Green doesn't go to sleep because he doesn't want to let Banner out. He doesn't want to risk Banner taking the wheel for extended periods of time because this is Doc Green's moment.

He calls Banner his silent partner and he looks at Banner as an antagonist and a captor. So he has no interest in letting Banner out ever again.

Are there traces of the Hulk's gray "Joe Fix-It" persona in Doc Green as well? Like his cunning and ruthlessness?

That's going to be up to interpretation.

I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I know some really smart people. Some of the funnier people I know are some of the smarter people I know. Some of the "Simpsons" writers are giant brainiacs. They have chemical degrees. And Doc Green is by no means a funny character, but I think he's capable of seeing the humor in the world around him. He also likes messing with people. There's a really fun cameo coming up that I don't think people will be expecting to turn up in a Hulk book; several actually. There's something accomplished in that scene, but it's also Doc Green messing with people.

We're soliciting issue #9 soon and Kitty Pryde is on the cover. I really like writing her. I've really only had one other opportunity to do that. I think it will be fun because even though she has seen everything this planet has to offer as well as a good chunk of outer space it's still freaky to be standing with the Hulk, especially this guy who is talking and occasionally walking around with brief cases.

The emergence of Doc Green means the storyline about the wounded Bruce Banner is over, but that doesn't the mystery of who shot Banner is over, correct?

Right. When that unfolds it will unfold very quickly. In "Hulk" #5 Doc Green calls it a personal matter. He knows who shot Banner, but you have to remember he's only free because Banner was shot. So his reaction to confronting Banner's shooter might surprise people. I really value being able to surprise people and I hope this "Hulk" run for what it does, what it accomplishes, and what it doesn't accomplish will surprise people.

• waterproof
    Options
    Right. When that unfolds it will unfold very quickly. In "Hulk" #5 Doc Green calls it a personal matter. He knows who shot Banner, but you have to remember he's only free because Banner was shot. So his reaction to confronting Banner's shooter might surprise people. I really value being able to surprise people and I hope this "Hulk" run for what it does, what it accomplishes, and what it doesn't accomplish will surprise people.

Doc Green's mission is simple -- neutralize all of the Marvel U's gamma-powered threats by any means necessary
    As you mentioned, this storyline is about Doc Green's quest to eliminate the other gamma-powered beings from the Marvel Universe. Can you talk about how driven he is in this quest? Is he willing to give the other Hulks a chance to peacefully remove their alter egos? And if they don't want to go peacefully is eliminating them with extreme prejudice an option?

Yes, he's not unreasonable. Once he makes his mind up he's not going to change, but I don't think these characters are excited about losing control. For really all of them the difference between their gamma-powered personas and the Hulk's is there's some level of control.

When Rick Jones became A-Bomb he was a hero. What I think is fun in getting Rick back. Not A-Bomb. Rick. In issues #6 and #7 there are some scenes that Mark Bagley has just done an amazing job on that are very emotional. At a point in the near future Rick discusses what life is like when you have a gamma-monster in you. I'm very happy with how these scenes have landed. It's not all emotional. I think the best action scene I ever wrote is coming up in "Hulk" and it involves lava.

Currently, we don't exactly know why Doc Green is confronting and delivering ultimatums to gamma-powered characters. You mentioned earlier though that it is safe to be questioning the Hulk's motives in this story. Is there a clear moral high ground in this arc?

I'm looking forward to the debate over the morality of the Hulk's actions. He does things that are great and he also does things that are kind of awful. In an issue coming up Doc Green does something that is very extralegal and maybe immoral, but he's doing all of this out of a pure sort of vision. Feelings and human laws are irrelevant. Certainly our morality is also irrelevant. He's going to do what he's going to do and you're welcome to try and stop him. He is doing this for the greater good. We can only hope it's our greater good -- or just his.

Gerry Duggan Unleashes the Ω "Hulk"

When we first discussed your "Hulk" run you cited the Iron Man storyline "Armor Wars" as an inspiration for Doc Green's mission, but you weren't able to go into any real detail. Can you talk a little more about that now?

It is an inspiration, but, and this might be too "Inside Baseball," from Doc Green's perspective he's clearly stated what he's doing, but is he doing what's doing for altruistic reasons? Or is he doing this for his own purposes in terms of eliminating rivals? That's something I'm not sure we'll ever land on one way or the other. I'm more interested to see what people think. Stark wanted to eliminate how his technology was being mis-used by rivals. Doc Green didn't open the gamma-genie bottle, but he is going to shove a cork in it.

Let's move from Doc Green to some of the people he's confronting. You already talked about writing Rick Jones, and after Doc goes after him he'll set his sights on the Hulk's son, Skaar. What's it like writing Skaar and bringing him back into the book?

It's a lot of fun. I really admire the stuff that Greg Pak, and a lot of my predecessors, have done, and just because I'm writing this story doesn't mean I don't adore these other Hulks. I do, especially individually. They're all sort of wonderful, but some times bad things happen to good characters. [Laughs]

The thing to remember is, individually every Hulk is a good idea, but when you look at it from above -- that's any awful lot of Hulks running around. Fewer Hulks means fewer possibilities for extinction level events.

In writer Monty Nero's upcoming "Hulk Annual" Doc Green will be forced to confront a new foe. It sounds like what he sets up in the Annual will have significant impact in the story you're telling. Perhaps not immediately, but further down the road. Is that correct?

Green mixes all of the savage Hulk's strength with an intellect that surpasses even Banner
    Yeah I think so. Monty came in and really impressed with this annual. I think it will be remembered as a great stand alone story that then has threads back to the main continuity of the book. Having done things like that he sort of make it look effortless. Finding a way to tell a stand alone story and then have it reverberate it hard. He's done a great job. I can't wait to see the finished story. [Editor] Mark Paniccia has done a great job with the Hulk universe, I'm proud to have been invited to contribute. He knew that Monty would crush on the annual, and boy was he right.

Since we're on the topic of collaborators, when we last chatted you were super excited to be paired with artist Mark Bagley on this book. How is it now that you guys have released one issue to the public and are hard at work bringing to life more of Doc Green's exploits?

I know this is going to sound like the typical sort of thing that maybe everyone tries to put forth in an interview, but I'm so happy. A double page spread of his from issue #9 came in today and it is my favorite of the run so far. I keep saying that though. He keeps topping himself. I truly think this is the best art he's ever done, and I know that's saying something.

He's really putting a lot of love and attention into these pages. He's bringing so much more to it that by the time he's done with a page it's better than when it fell off my typewriter. The storytelling is better. So it's a hell of a thing.

I feel very, very lucky to have Bags because he can do the big widescreen action, And the emotional close up. Sometimes I don't even want to put a balloon on some these panels because they're so good silent. The actions have consequences for all these people. We're dealing with Hulks, but they're also human beings. So he's able to get both sides of that coin. "Hulk" #9 has some of the funniest, and scariest, moments I've ever written. Big action, and major consequences. "The Omega Hulk" also contains seemingly small story points that might have extraordinary consequences for Banner, Doc Green and the Marvel Universe moving forward.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Speaking of consequences, I want to conclude by talking about how Doc Green's actions will impact three different books and how those books will impact "Hulk." First, Green's quest to rid the world of gamma-powered people means he'll eventually run afoul of the Leader and the Red Hulk, General Ross, who are both appearing in "Thunderbolts." Do you have plans for those characters, and if so what can you tell us about them? Will they appear after the current "Thunderbolts" series wraps?

For Ross, I talked to ["Thunderbolts" writers] Ben Acker and Ben Blacker and Jordan [D. White] is editing that book. He's my "Deadpool" editor, so we're tying into T-Bolts in some unexpected ways. We're working together.

The Leader will be addressed at a later date, and Ross is a military guy. He knows the best defense is a good offense. So he may not wait around for Doc Green to ring his doorbell. The fun thing about Ross and the Hulk right now though is they don't know each other's whereabouts. They don't know how to find each other. You see Ross before this, but you'll definitely want to pick up "Hulk" #10. It's going to be a fun, and an important issue. It's the one I'm writing right now.

It's crazy, "Hulk" #5 is on stands this week and I'm writing the end of that trade paperback. So we're a motivated team and we're really plowing through it. My editor Mark Paniccia, Mark Bagley, [colorist] Jason Kieth and everyone have been turning in really great and extra wonderful work.

Art from "Hulk" #6 by Mark Bagley and Jason Keith
    Another book that I imagine will impact the story you're telling is you're friend Rick Remender's "Avengers & X-Men: AXIS." It was recently revealed that the events of "AXIS" will unleash a character that's been described as the Hulk's Hulk. Will that character only be part of "AXIS" or will he spill over into your book as well?

"AXIS" will have consequences in "Hulk." I don't want to talk about how. I know that's frustrating, but I think anything I say would potentially upset both my book and Rick's. We are excited though to be playing with some of these big toys and the Hulk's Hulk is one of them. Hulk fans will need to add "Nova" #23 and #24 to their pull list. They'll know why from the covers.

There's one final book I wanted to ask you about. We now know, because of the "Time Runs Out" covers, that Doc Green will have some sort of ties to the Avengers. Will his role with the Avengers filter back into "Hulk?"

Yes, but at the moment the story of the Omega Hulk is sort of the best story that was on my hard drive. That was the one I pitched to get the job and I won't have the page count to necessarily do too much with the Avengers, but obviously what's happening in this "Hulk" book may affect a great many other books depending on whether there are Hulks in them now. "Thunderbolts" would have been an interesting title to continue reading. You'll see.

Whatever Hulk is your favorite I think you're going to see that character coming up. I know I've been very vague about the morality of Doc Green. I know where it is and he's a complicated guy. I think the fun thing about this Hulk is that he, like Banner, may have something worse inside of him.

This series is so tightly outlined that I'm already writing that second trade. I'm super excited. I hope one day we can pick up one volume that has all these great issues. It will be worth it for Bagley's contribution alone. Plus, check out those Gary Frank variants. I've always been lucky in collaborators, and that's especially true on "Hulk." Thanks for reading!

"Hulk" #6 goes on sale September 17.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvel dropped like 3 Hulk issues this week. All of them will be copped on Sunday.
  • waterproof
    Options
    lion_heart wrote: »
    Marvel dropped like 3 Hulk issues this week. All of them will be copped on Sunday.

that's bEcause not only hulk smash but hulk sells.......NEW HULK MOVIE IN THE WORKS
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    n the actual comics...the hulk is mad cause he knows everyones ids in marvel and cant tell
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    planet hulk is prob my fav series ever.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish the Edward Norton Bruce Banner would have worked out,

Bruce Banner's supposed to be a lean, tortured guy,

Ruffalo's a little too big for the role.

Plus Norton "gets" the character.

I would have loved to see the back and forth between Norton and RDJ.
  • waterproof
    Options
    I wish the Edward Norton Bruce Banner would have worked out,

Bruce Banner's supposed to be a lean, tortured guy,

Ruffalo's a little too big for the role.

Plus Norton "gets" the character.

I would have loved to see the back and forth between Norton and RDJ.

I agree with you I was a big fan of Norton, he's the Best Banner not named Bixby.

But Ruffalo played Banner great, he got cunning, snarky, you really don't want to ? with me, because I will release the hulk on your ass and we both know that you don't want that, and funny banner personality down pack