G&S: WHO'S MORE AFRAID TO TALK ABOUT RACE...BLACK OR WHITE FOLKS?

Recaptimus_Prime360
Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Imo, I say white folks. Any time the subject of race comes up, a lot of white folks tend to dismiss it. Brush it aside as if the problem no longer exist. Thinkin just b/c we got a black man in office, that erases 400+ years of bs they put us , and our ancestors thru. They're perception of race relations is misconstrued. But that's just me.

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    They don't want to talk about it because it's not something they have to think about
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacks.

They're so afraid of criticism and the truth that they call everything racism.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it depends on the individual.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Blacks.

Sometimes it seems like this dude be trolling but I agree with him on this.

Young Black people have a delusional idea of racism and black being racist. That ? go both ways.

But this reverse racism ? has to stop. There is no such thing.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wHO´S THE GIRL IN YOUR GIF ? .
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    both can talk about it. the problem aren't able to discuss it with people of another race.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matt- wrote: »
    both can talk about it. the problem aren't able to discuss it with people of another race.

This. Also there is nothing to discuss with another race. Discussion implies that somehow this other race can aid or somehow help resolve the issues. False sentiments. Solutions only come from within the group.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whites are more sensitive about discussing it in public, while blacks have no problem pulling the race card out anywhere and anytime..

Blacks tend to be more sensitive when it comes to race issues and that usually leads to a tense discussion just like i see this headed towards..

? love to feel sorry for themselves and play the victim..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacks.

That's different. That's more of a matter of an unwillingness to take accountability. Blacks will talk about race all day everyday as long as it's on their own terms. Whites hate talk about race at all. They feel like racism no long exists, and discussing it is just beating a dead horse. They've gone to the extreme labelling someone bringing up race as an issue as a racist act.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Imo

I've been trying for ages - & most black people don't wanna hear it....especially the hi hop types. Seriously how can anybody/person discuss topics that they refuse to understand from the get go - NO person alive today has ever been enslaved yet they claim there slaves - when some tell it like it is - out comes the plethora of excuses - one being this one psychological slavery....on and on and on and on. HOLY COW! How ironic that so many black peoples within this site refuse to talk about all the strides that have been made,AND they happen to be the benefactors of said progress. DAMN hypocrites.
  • The Lonious Monk
    heyslick wrote: »
    Imo

I've been trying for ages - & most black people don't wanna hear it....especially the hi hop types. Seriously how can anybody/person discuss topics that they refuse to understand from the get go - NO person alive today has ever been enslaved yet they claim there slaves - when some tell it like it is - out comes the plethora of excuses - one being this one psychological slavery....on and on and on and on. HOLY COW! How ironic that so many black peoples within this site refuse to talk about all the strides that have been made,AND they happen to be the benefactors of said progress. DAMN hypocrites.

lol Are you serious? Pretty much every post you ever put on here boils down to you telling blacks they should get over race. That's not a discussion about racism. That's you trying to bury race as a concept.
  • heyslick
    Imo

lol Are you serious? Pretty much every post you ever put on here boils down to you telling blacks they should get over race. That's not a discussion about racism. That's you trying to bury race as a concept.

YOUR WRONG from the get go - I NEVER say it in those terms.....period. SO you just killed any further discussion. If I told you once I've told you 20 times - the only things worth learning are the things you learn after you it all --

• heyslick
    I screwed that quote up ^^^

''They only things worth learning are the things you learn after you know it all"

- Harry S Truman -
  • The Lonious Monk
    Imo

YOUR WRONG from the get go - I NEVER say it in those terms.....period. SO you just killed any further discussion. If I told you once I've told you 20 times - the only things worth learning are the things you learn after you it all --

Whatever you say buddy. I've seen enough of your posts to know that your idea of racial discussion can be summarized as you telling black people to "Get over it." No matter what racial concern is brought up you minimize it to blacks complaining or living in the past or making excuses. I've never once seen you even attempt to understand where someone is coming from when they bring up race let alone acknowledge that race is still a factor that can have a negative impact. In your mind, black people should be able to just move past it, and any mention of it is a reflection of our inability to grow and progress.
  • heyslick
    Blacks.

That's different. That's more of a matter of an unwillingness to take accountability. Blacks will talk about race all day everyday as long as it's on their own terms. Whites hate talk about race at all. They feel like racism no long exists, and discussing it is just beating a dead horse. They've gone to the extreme labelling someone bringing up race as an issue as a racist act.

There you go - you hit the nail RIGHT ON the head - most black people don't understand the concept of equality when it comes to talking about things like the actions of there own. Some black people intimidate white people and they know that - just looking at some white people will petrify them & even being near some white women causes them clutch there purses or run for cover. Another issue - don't even go into restaurants if to many black peoples are there - fights break out or worse riots. WTF kind ? is that?

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Smooth explains it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy5YKqCOODQ

WHo the ? is this white boy and why does his opinion count for anything.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited July 2012
    Blacks.

There you go - you hit the nail RIGHT ON the head - most black people don't understand the concept of equality when it comes to talking about things like the actions of there own. Some black people intimidate white people and they know that - just looking at some white people will petrify them & even being near some white women causes them clutch there purses or run for cover. Another issue - don't even go into restaurants if to many black peoples are there - fights break out or worse riots. WTF kind ? is that?

Lol are you seriously trying to blame black people for white racism? So now it's my fault because white women look at me as a threat just because of the color of my skin. And too many blacks in a restaurant = inevitable violence. You're basically proving the point. Whites are just flat out racist. You can't even discuss the concept of racism without making racist comments. lol
  • heyslick
    Blacks.

Lol are you seriously trying to blame black people for white racism? So now it's my fault because white women look at me as a threat just because of the color of my skin. And too many blacks in a restaurant = inevitable violence. You're basically proving the point. Whites are just flat out racist. You can't even discuss the concept of racism without making racist comments. lol

How come you ignored that reality - so black people never do things like that - & white women don't ever fear black men? HELL even Rev. Jackson has made comments just like that - e.g., walking in a black area and hear someone behind him & he felt releived that it wasn't a black man - WTF was he fearful about? - oh yeah I forgot - it was that wicked white man. LMAO!

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think slick get racial bashing with racial discussion. You'll find more acceptance at that stormfront site you come from.
  • The Lonious Monk
    It is a reality. But how is it our fault that white women have an irrational fear of all black males. So now I'm guilty of racial badgering for simply exisiting? lol You're not making any sense. I'm pretty sure Jackson was talking about the programming in America, and how everyone is taught to fear Blacks. I've met white people who had that same kinda innate fear of black people despite never really knowing or running into any. So if you don't have any real experience with a group, yet you have misgivings about the group, what does that mean? It means you have racist beliefs that have been implanted in you by outside sources e.g. friends, family, media, etc... How can you blame the target of your racism for your racism. Again that doesn't make any sense.
  • heyslick
    It is a reality. But how is it our fault that white women have an irrational fear of all black males. So now I'm guilty of racial badgering for simply exisiting? lol You're not making any sense. I'm pretty sure Jackson was talking about the programming in America, and how everyone is taught to fear Blacks. I've met white people who had that same kinda innate fear of black people despite never really knowing or running into any. So if you don't have any real experience with a group, yet you have misgivings about the group, what does that mean? It means you have racist beliefs that have been implanted in you by outside sources e.g. friends, family, media, etc... How can you blame the target of your racism for your racism. Again that doesn't make any sense.

I told you about those that fit into that image you want others to believe about all white people. I've worked with lots of black people & I don't fear black people in general - AGAIN that's me. Unfortunately that isn't the case for a lot of white people - DAMN-IT image can be everything for some people -Y you gotta twist it around & claim all white people are still racist - ? ! I see black people everyday of my life within my own community & we all get along. How can anyone talk about racism if black people claim that entity doesn't exist within there own race - just black on black crime - must end up talking about isolated cases of white on black murder - they avoid that subject or they sure don't wanna talk about all those flash mobs OR black mobs beating up on white people at state fairs - OH NO don't ever talk about that.

• TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe what he's trying to say is for Black Americans to move on and foward.

White Americans don't like to talk about racism in front of blacks for the fear of offending them, in some cases, well most cases now.

Black Americans tend to not listen to the open perception and opinion of any other races in the discussion of racism.

Honestly in my opinion, just because a human being has the pink pale skin, doesn't mean any minority should assume the person has racist beliefs.
  • The Lonious Monk

I told you about those that fit into that image you want others to believe about all white people. I've worked with lots of black people & I don't fear black people in general - AGAIN that's me. Unfortunately that isn't the case for a lot of white people - DAMN-IT image can be everything for some people -Y you gotta twist it around & claim all white people are still racist - ? ! I see black people everyday of my life within my own community & we all get along. How can anyone talk about racism if black people claim that entity doesn't exist within there own race - just black on black crime - must end up talking about isolated cases of white on black murder - they avoid that subject or they sure don't wanna talk about all those flash mobs OR black mobs beating up on white people at state fairs - OH NO don't ever talk about that.

Where did I say all white people are racists? And again, please tell me how it's black people's fault that a lot of white people simply see them and think the worst. And it's funny how you claim that the cases of white on black murder are "isolated" but act like flash mobs of blacks beating whites is an everyday thing. Come on.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyslick u sound even more biter and irrational than those stormfront members.