G&S: WHO'S MORE AFRAID TO TALK ABOUT RACE...BLACK OR WHITE FOLKS?

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyslick u sound even more biter and irrational than those stormfront members.

He does doesn't he? At least those guys admit they're racist. Heyslick pretty much says the same things they do, but tries to pass it of as some kind of weird anti-racism.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    I've never ever had any problem with black people or feared being around them - that's Y I find it so hard to believe some of the horror stories - the constant berating of white people has gotten mighty old & this President HAS NOT helped to heal old wounds - matter of fact hes divided the country & made race relation worse & hes very well equipped to do it in various ways - ONE in particular is subliminally & his AG does his part in dividing people. The CDC divides folks (whenever they aren't telling them to GO TO HELL) - but we can't talk about stuff like that - because that be racist -- right? DAMN I keep forgetting that racism is only a one-way street & blacks couldn't ever do something like that.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/04/08/a-newsweek-poll-show-americans-still-divided-over-race.html
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

He does doesn't he? At least those guys admit they're racist. Heyslick pretty much says the same things they do, but tries to pass it of as some kind of weird anti-racism.

Lol yea. Only if his "black friends" knew what he be typin on here. that just goes to show how alot of white people are undercover racist.
  • The Lonious Monk
    heyslick wrote: »
    I've never ever had any problem with black people or feared being around them - that's Y I find it so hard to believe some of the horror stories - the constant berating of white people has gotten mighty old & this President HAS NOT helped to heal old wounds - matter of fact hes divided the country & made race relation worse & hes very well equipped to do it in various ways - ONE in particular is subliminally & his AG does his part in dividing people. The CDC divides folks (whenever they aren't telling them to GO TO HELL) - but we can't talk about stuff like that - because that be racist -- right? DAMN I keep forgetting that racism is only a one-way street & blacks couldn't ever do something like that.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/04/08/a-newsweek-poll-show-americans-still-divided-over-race.html

So because you allegedly have never had any problems with blacks in real life, the racism that we say we all experience is just ? ? Is that what you're saying? As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. The CDC divides folks? Are we talking about the Center for Disease Control or what? How do they divide people and how is that an example of blacks being racist?
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah actually racism is institutionalize. Blacks can only be bigots not racist.
  • heyslick

Lol yea. Only if his "black friends" knew what he be typin on here. that just goes to show how alot of white people are undercover racist.

My current friendships with blacks in general is very superficial - whatever happened to genuine friendship with black people of today is HISTORY - I just don't know where there coming from anymore. Supposedly this site is for venting and discussing issues - BS! just look where this topic has gone. If black people can't say what they say within this site IE TO MY FACE in the real world - then Y should I expect them to be forthright in the real world - can you say double standard? SO really, WHO'S zooming who? FYI lots of folks admire me & it has nothing to do with my skin color. My actions speak for themselves.
  • The Lonious Monk

My current friendships with blacks in general is very superficial - whatever happened to genuine friendship with black people of today is HISTORY - I just don't know where there coming from anymore. Supposedly this site is for venting and discussing issues - BS! just look where this topic has gone. If black people can't say what they say within this site IE TO MY FACE in the real world - then Y should I expect them to be forthright in the real world - can you say double standard? SO really, WHO'S zooming who? FYI lots of folks admire me & it has nothing to do with my skin color. My actions speak for themselves.

I honestly don't know how to place you sometimes. I can't figure out if you're a racist troll or someone with pure intentions who really has a poor grasp of logic and reality. This post right here supports the latter. You tried to criticize me for claiming that all whites are a certain way (even though I didn't do that), yet you constantly paint all blacks with the same brush. You've made it seem like all blacks ever do is complain about racism and that's why you can't befriend blacks on a real level, but now you say blacks never say this stuff in real life. So if you never hear this in real life, why do you feel so strongly that all blacks act this way as opposed to believing that it's just an isolated group on this website? I could go on and on, but suffice to say, you'd probably get better discourse on this site if you thoughts weren't so contradictory and nonsensical.
  • heyslick

I honestly don't know how to place you sometimes. I can't figure out if you're a racist troll or someone with pure intentions who really has a poor grasp of logic and reality. This post right here supports the latter. You tried to criticize me for claiming that all whites are a certain way (even though I didn't do that), yet you constantly paint all blacks with the same brush. You've made it seem like all blacks ever do is complain about racism and that's why you can't befriend blacks on a real level, but now you say blacks never say this stuff in real life. So if you never hear this in real life, why do you feel so strongly that all blacks act this way as opposed to believing that it's just an isolated group on this website? I could go on and on, but suffice to say, you'd probably get better discourse on this site if you thoughts weren't so contradictory and nonsensical.

I told Rashalif/Osiris7 (sp?) this long ago - don't tryin fig me out. Secondly, if I accussed you of saying something you NEVER said, I apologize. NOW back to something I've ALWAYS said - I reply to content and actual character means nothing to me, SO run with that premise of yours about me being so mean & racist towards black people --- so really who's the one you and yours should worry about in the real world - sure as ? isn't me - I've told you and yours repeatedly There's A thin line between LOVE and hate. I've never stold anything/nothing from black people - maybe my swagger, but I didn't learn it on my own - someone had to set the example for me - who else but you and yours? I hate the content of some black folks who post within this site - SO now tell me, I TRULY hate black people.?????

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Smooth explains it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy5YKqCOODQ

WHo the ? is this white boy and why does his opinion count for anything.

This like the 2nd time u bashed dude..smh u seem to have personal beef with Jay Smooth and u dont even know the dude or listened to his blogs...
  • heyslick
    LM claims/said this

yet you constantly paint all blacks with the same brush

If you really knew me - you wouldn't say that. I make it a point to say this -- some, many, a lot, afew etc. Now feel free to prove your point about what I say and what I don't say - btw i never say get over it - I will fess up to saying this GET-UP
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooooo.... If everyone ignored Heyslick's post, what would happen?

Let's find out.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyslick is that white person who says they're not racist, b/c they got plenty of black friends. Lol!

I'm sorry, white folks are the ones who be in denial about racism. They think just b/c it's no longer in your face like back in the day, it doesn't exist anymore.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    There should be a national Apology day. Where all day White People apologize to Black People. Cause I think some ? want an apology
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White people are afraid of the honest conversations about race that people of color deals with on a daily basis. White people will not admit their white privilege nor admit that they have such entitlement, even if they are considered to be "people of color" friendly.

Once white society takes a long look in the mirror and figure out why people of color have a serious issue with them and their entitlement; then we would be one step closer to equality.

Being blind to racism and seeing that "everyone is the same" is ? logic.Because everyone is not the same and they all have different cultures and backgrounds.

Plus, white America needs to stop stealing Black American culture and calling it American culture. Because that is not true, it is NOT American culture it is Black American culture. Once that is identified with white America seeing that black Americans do have their own sense of pride and culture; and to truly understand it; and not by making a mockery over it; then race relations will be better.

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it depends on the individual.

/thread
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobile c/s to CD. Preach sista.

*throws up black power fist*
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo

I've been trying for ages - & most black people don't wanna hear it....especially the hi hop types. Seriously how can anybody/person discuss topics that they refuse to understand from the get go - NO person alive today has ever been enslaved yet they claim there slaves - when some tell it like it is - out comes the plethora of excuses - one being this one psychological slavery....on and on and on and on. HOLY COW! How ironic that so many black peoples within this site refuse to talk about all the strides that have been made,AND they happen to be the benefactors of said progress. DAMN hypocrites.

false.....
  • The Lonious Monk
    Imo

I've been trying for ages - & most black people don't wanna hear it....especially the hi hop types. Seriously how can anybody/person discuss topics that they refuse to understand from the get go - NO person alive today has ever been enslaved yet they claim there slaves - when some tell it like it is - out comes the plethora of excuses - one being this one psychological slavery....on and on and on and on. HOLY COW! How ironic that so many black peoples within this site refuse to talk about all the strides that have been made,AND they happen to be the benefactors of said progress. DAMN hypocrites.

false.....

To add onto that. Who has ever claimed they were a slave? I have never once seen anyone on this site say they had been a slave.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo

false.....

To add onto that. Who has ever claimed they were a slave? I have never once seen anyone on this site say they had been a slave.

There is more slaves today then in any period in history.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Blacks.

They're so afraid of criticism and the truth that they call everything racism.

That's different. That's more of a matter of an unwillingness to take accountability. Blacks will talk about race all day everyday as long as it's on their own terms. Whites hate talk about race at all. They feel like racism no long exists, and discussing it is just beating a dead horse. They've gone to the extreme labelling someone bringing up race as an issue as a racist act.

There you go - you hit the nail RIGHT ON the head - most black people don't understand the concept of equality when it comes to talking about things like the actions of there own. Some black people intimidate white people and they know that - just looking at some white people will petrify them & even being near some white women causes them clutch there purses or run for cover. Another issue - don't even go into restaurants if to many black peoples are there - fights break out or worse riots. WTF kind ? is that?

so let me get this straight black people are to blame if a white person s intimidated by a black person? That makes no sense.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody talks about race, some talk about within their own 4 walls, some take it to the streets. ? aint the only ones with organizations dedicated to fighting against racism. The Chinese, Jewish, Italians, Arabs, Irish, Natives, etc do too, it is what it is.
  • heyslick
    Jamaica wrote: »
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Blacks.

They're so afraid of criticism and the truth that they call everything racism.

That's different. That's more of a matter of an unwillingness to take accountability. Blacks will talk about race all day everyday as long as it's on their own terms. Whites hate talk about race at all. They feel like racism no long exists, and discussing it is just beating a dead horse. They've gone to the extreme labelling someone bringing up race as an issue as a racist act.

There you go - you hit the nail RIGHT ON the head - most black people don't understand the concept of equality when it comes to talking about things like the actions of there own. Some black people intimidate white people and they know that - just looking at some white people will petrify them & even being near some white women causes them clutch there purses or run for cover. Another issue - don't even go into restaurants if to many black peoples are there - fights break out or worse riots. WTF kind ? is that?

so let me get this straight black people are to blame if a white person s intimidated by a black person? That makes no sense.

There you go again - I never said any such thing. It's odd that you can't manage to see what I've actually said - I judge many folks on their content - somehow or some way you never give me that benefit --- you and et al claim I say things about all black people - prove it,thank you. BTW most if not the majority of youse folks ALWAYS say white people do this or they do that - NO MENTION of some or any distinction whatsoever.

• heyslick
    White people are afraid of the honest conversations about race that people of color deals with on a daily basis. White people will not admit their white privilege nor admit that they have such entitlement, even if they are considered to be "people of color" friendly.

Once white society takes a long look in the mirror and figure out why people of color have a serious issue with them and their entitlement; then we would be one step closer to equality.

Being blind to racism and seeing that "everyone is the same" is ? logic.Because everyone is not the same and they all have different cultures and backgrounds.

Plus, white America needs to stop stealing Black American culture and calling it American culture. Because that is not true, it is NOT American culture it is Black American culture. Once that is identified with white America seeing that black Americans do have their own sense of pride and culture; and to truly understand it; and not by making a mockery over it; then race relations will be better.

I guess you can't OR refuse to understand when some white folks emulate aspects of black culture - that is a compliment to said culture and people within said culture. BTW I can read between the lines and you're demanding that white people do this and that isn't gonna win you any concessions from many - it's a two-way street. So your terms and conditions can go straight to hell & I have NO reservations whatsoever in telling you that & I'd tell you the same thing to your face,given the chance.

• heyslick
    charlie_danger

So you want white society to take a long look in the mirror - huh! WOW! So any white person who's struggled to make ends meet and sacrificed for the good of his family - should just say oh well look what my privilege got me and I didn't even have to work for it. WTF? IN your world I guess no black man has ever had any advantage given to them.
  • heyslick
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Heyslick is that white person who says they're not racist, b/c they got plenty of black friends. Lol!

I'm sorry, white folks are the ones who be in denial about racism. They think just b/c it's no longer in your face like back in the day, it doesn't exist anymore.

Yeah! I'm sorry to - however I'm sorry that some black folks refuse to acknowledge the progress that has been made in this country & its still an issue that's being worked on everyday & for whatever reason so many within this site are so obsessed with there own agendas they can't see that - SO whenever I say so many/lots of AA's of today are UNGRATEFUL I mean in terms of what I just mentioned above. NO I don't want any black person to yes'm boss man I be so thankful for what you gave me - ? just be thankful for what many have done to make this a better country for all of it citizens. Be thankful for what you got - period. I've seen death and misery and people ? on the side of the road & I've burned human ? - MAN-O-MAN am I ever glad I never had to live in those kind of countries.