Is this the future of America? City of Scranton lowers wage for all city workers to minimum wage

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Thinking
    Thinking Members Posts: 70
    Options
    Do you have sources proving states don't owe 4.2 trillion in debt?

No ? the US owes x amount of dollars.

Has unemployment decreased? Yes. Pretty impressive given Obama's short run cleaning up Bush's 2 term mess.

Has Obama passed some policies including Obamacare? Yes.

Do you have any idea how much red tape he has to pass through? He has to play politics too and not ? certain people off.

As for the wars you keep crying about. He can't just back out cold turkey. He has to do it strategically while saving face. Remember he is cleaning up Bush's mess.

I don't need fabricated sources like you, I see it in the facts and figures. And it has been consistent.

SONNED.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thinking wrote: »

Has unemployment decreased? Yes. Pretty impressive given Obama's short run cleaning up Bush's 2 term mess.

Do you have any idea how much red tape he has to pass through? He has to play politics too and not ? certain people off.

As for the wars you keep crying about. He can't just back out cold turkey. He has to do it strategically while saving face. Remember he is cleaning up Bush's mess.

I don't need fabricated sources like you, I see it in the facts and figures. And it has been consistent.

SONNED.

LOL, yeah and you still haven't said what was fabricated smh. You only sonned yourself with your stupid post.
  • Thinking
    Options

SONNED.

LOL, yeah and you still haven't said what was fabricated smh. You only sonned yourself with your stupid post.

Yeah, and you're just going off tangent pulling off a heyslick. I don't have to dissect that erroneous shoddy journalism. That's your job as a critical thinker. Look at the facts linear and progressively.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2012
    Options

SONNED.

Yeah, and you're just going off tangent pulling off a heyslick. I don't have to dissect that erroneous shoddy journalism. That's your job as a critical thinker. Look at the facts linear and progressively.

I have lol. And the journalism isn't shoddy, otherwise, why can't you say what parts are fabricated in the article? Cat got your tongue huh? LOL come on be a ? man and answer my question. Don't be a ? , stop running away from my question and answer it.

I don't think you read economic magazines and journals much, otherwise, you should do some more research on the financial matters of this nation and how it is making things worse for the avg American. This country is bankrupting itself into oblivion and this is not being helped spending 5 trillion in 4 years. That is despicable and going to ruin our future generations. We now owe 16 trillion dollars in debt as of yesterday. Continuing the war in Afghanistan at 2 billion a week when so many states and cities could use that money is disgusting. So is not having a new ideas in how to create jobs, deficit spending isn't going to work in the long run at this furious pace. My mom is a nurse and she tells me first hand how govt cuts has severely hurt patients who need care.
  • Thinking
    Options

SONNED.

I have lol. And the journalism isn't shoddy, otherwise, why can't you say what parts are fabricated in the article? Cat got your tongue huh? LOL come on be a ? man and answer my question. Don't be a ? , stop running away from my question and answer it.

I don't think you read economic magazines and journals much, otherwise, you should do some more research on the financial matters of this nation and how it is making things worse for the avg American. This country is bankrupting itself into oblivion and this is not being helped spending 5 trillion in 4 years. That is despicable and going to ruin our future generations. We now owe 16 trillion dollars in debt as of yesterday. Continuing the war in Afghanistan at 2 billion a week when so many states and cities could use that money is disgusting. So is not having a new ideas in how to create jobs, deficit spending isn't going to work in the long run at this furious pace. My mom is a nurse and she tells me first hand how govt cuts has severely hurt patients who need care.

Yeah yeah, I know it's bad right now, but it has improved. Again, numbers don't lie. This is the final time I'm going to reiterate this so get it through your thick skull.

I don't need to answer your questions. I've already told you about the numbers and I'm not here to spoonfeed you. And for what it's worth, you didn't answer mine so why should I reciprocate?

? , Ima tell it like it is. You can't think for your own self and are easily swayed by media. Learn about the sum of its parts rather than parts itself.

Think about it, you a ? ass sheep doing the ? work of these journalists. I thought you were better than that.

Pretty pathetic huh?
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2012
    Options

SONNED.

Yeah yeah, I know it's bad right now, but it has improved. Again, numbers don't lie. This is the final time I'm going to reiterate this so get it through your thick skull.

I don't need to answer your questions. I've already told you about the numbers and I'm not here to spoonfeed you. And for what it's worth, you didn't answer mine so why should I reciprocate?

? , Ima tell it like it is. You can't think for your own self and are easily swayed by media. Learn about the sum of its parts rather than parts itself.

Think about it, you a ? ass sheep doing the ? work of these journalists. I thought you were better than that.

Pretty pathetic huh?

You're a complete ? idiot. You have yet to answer my question so I'm just gonna treat you like an idiot and let you go your way. Add some discussion to the thread or get the ? out. If you're gonna continue to post here, why don't you tell me why having 16 trillion in debt is a good thing for America.

Oh yeah I forgot, you don't answer questions. You must've been dropped as a baby you ? ? . You lose the discussion so badly you can't even answer a question. As far as your questions, you already answered them yourself lol ? ? . You must've done so well in debates growing up. Grow a brain dum dum.
  • Thinking
    Options

SONNED.

Pretty pathetic huh?

You're a complete ? idiot. You have yet to answer my question so I'm just gonna treat you like an idiot and let you go your way. Add some discussion to the thread or get the ? out. If you're gonna continue to post here, why don't you tell me why having 16 trillion in debt is a good thing for America.

Oh yeah I forgot, you don't answer questions. You must've been dropped as a baby you ? ? . You lose the discussion so badly you can't even answer a question. As far as your questions, you already answered them yourself lol ? ? . You must've done so well in debates growing up. Grow a brain dum dum.

Selective reading and lack of comprehension skills.

I rest my case. Let's move on.
  • Thinking
    Options
    What's up Sion? =)
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @KingBlaze84 I think you should look at who sponsored the link you quoted and then ask yourself if those people don't have an agenda.

Months ago an entire county in Alabama filed for bankruptcy and that county has 8.4% unemployment....which is absent from your link, its all blamed on pensioners (the elderly and unions). 7 years ago the state complained about the drastically skyrocketing prison system. I've seen Alabama ranks 6th in incarceration in this country.

I believe that is what @Thinking is telling you to do, but he's being sort of rude about it.

I'm very selective over who's information I believe. "Numbers don't lie" well the people who spread them around do. There's more to numbers than just the number.

Your link also mentions California, and the big problem there is the 10.7% unemployment rate and the highest number of incarcerated people in the country. They have been complaining about prison overcrowding for YEARS. They can thank their mandatory minimums and three strikes laws for that. Its starting to decrease now but that's recently.

More goes into spending than pensions and ? . So when people attempt to sell me that teachers, police, firefighters etc are destroying their state I'm sure there's some ? in the game because they don't make that much money from jump.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

SONNED.

Pretty pathetic huh?

Selective reading and lack of comprehension skills.

I rest my case. Let's move on.

Yeah I figured you'd never say what was farbricated LOL. Moving on.....
  • jono
    Options
    California no longer has the highest incarceration rate its dropped down to 16 now. Either Texas or Louisiana is #1 now. I'm used to California being #1 my bad lol
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2012
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    @KingBlaze84 I think you should look at who sponsored the link you quoted and then ask yourself if those people don't have an agenda.

Months ago an entire county in Alabama filed for bankruptcy and that county has 8.4% unemployment....which is absent from your link, its all blamed on pensioners (the elderly and unions). 7 years ago the state complained about the drastically skyrocketing prison system. I've seen Alabama ranks 6th in incarceration in this country.

I believe that is what @Thinking is telling you to do, but he's being sort of rude about it.

I'm very selective over who's information I believe. "Numbers don't lie" well the people who spread them around do. There's more to numbers than just the number.

Your link also mentions California, and the big problem there is the 10.7% unemployment rate and the highest number of incarcerated people in the country. They have been complaining about prison overcrowding for YEARS. They can thank their mandatory minimums and three strikes laws for that. Its starting to decrease now but that's recently.

More goes into spending than pensions and ? . So when people attempt to sell me that teachers, police, firefighters etc are destroying their state I'm sure there's some ? in the game because they don't make that much money from jump.

OK, fair point. The people who sponsored the link I brought up about pensions and state debt are bringing up a legit point in general though, and NO I am not blaming unions for states being so bankrupt. What I am saying though is that this country is in a fiscal mess, and we should be taking care of HOME, not overseas adventures costing us billions a week. States deserve bailouts, not people overseas who hate us and are killing our troops.

I am all for unions and state workers making a decent pension after retirement, I know state govt workers and I wish them well. We do need some kind of pension reform though, but more importantly, we as a nation have to to figure out our priorities. It's either gona be bailouts for banks, corporations, and the MIC, or our state workers and American families. That's all I'm saying.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2012
    Options
    And as far as the incarceration system in states, it further proves my point that marijuana should be fought to be legalized by the federal govt, or at least have the laws not enforced, as the President can easily do as he did with immigration. It's too expensive to enforce these dumb drug laws, and it isn't working anyway. Let's not forget most voters now support the legalization of marijuana, and most people arrested are arrested for non-violent drug offenses. Weed being the main reason people are locked up.....time to think with our minds, not with big corporate money that wants weed illegal.
  • jono
    Options
    Your right about drug laws but I would expound on it and say legalize all drugs, let's go the Portuguese route with drugs.

I also agree with the taking care of home first peep how much the infinitely broke Government gave defense contractors THIS YEAR: "Lockheed Martin raking in $668M, Northrop Grumman making $506M and Boeing, an astonishing $923M" http://americanfreepress.net/?p=4096

Halliburton said its first-quarter profit rose to $627 million http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE83H0HG20120418?irpc=932

That's not even all the contractors involved with those wars.

Now when it comes to states? Lol c'mon I can find wasted money on privatized school districts, privatized prisons etc which always cost more and are more trouble than their worth. <-- partially why states are broke

We could use that money now. Add it up and I'm sure you could find something better to do with that money than pay Haliburton $100 per bag of clothes they wash for the troops.
  • HaHaEySmashed
    HaHaEySmashed Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options
    I GUESS THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING OBAMA OUT OF OFFICE BY LOWERING PEOPLE PAY.SMH
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Your right about drug laws but I would expound on it and say legalize all drugs, let's go the Portuguese route with drugs.

I also agree with the taking care of home first peep how much the infinitely broke Government gave defense contractors THIS YEAR: "Lockheed Martin raking in $668M, Northrop Grumman making $506M and Boeing, an astonishing $923M" http://americanfreepress.net/?p=4096

Halliburton said its first-quarter profit rose to $627 million http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE83H0HG20120418?irpc=932

Now when it comes to states? Lol c'mon I can find wasted money on privatized school districts, privatized prisons etc which always cost more and are more trouble than their worth. <-- partially why states are broke

We could use that money now. Add it up and I'm sure you could find something better to do with that money than pay Haliburton $100 per bag of clothes they wash for the troops.

Damn, see it's even worse than I thought it was. Your post is on point by far but you're not worried about ? or heroin being legal? As far as I know, Portugal only legalized most soft drugs, not hard ones like heroin or ? ?
  • jono
    Options

Damn, see it's even worse than I thought it was. Your post is on point by far but you're not worried about ? or heroin being legal? As far as I know, Portugal only legalized most soft drugs, not hard ones like heroin or ? ?

Yep. I say legalize it all. A person can be on heroin for decades and be functional, besides you can always sell methadone for people with ? problems. ? , and other man made stuff is hard to come by. Its dangerous to even make that so I'm not sure about legalizing ? ...besides there aren't many ? heads in the country.

'Scripts & Weed are what people really want, some folks want a little coke every now and again but I don't think you'd see a lot of that either (coke is expensive).

My vision of legalizing it all is to keep it all equal. The idea is to stop displacement. Look at it through history:

When liquor was made illegal (20s-30s) people killed each other in record numbers over it so they legalized it again.
    Crime stopped, bootlegging is still around but there's no Capone's now lol.

Once liquor was legal people in the hood started running numbers (30s-70s) [drugs wasn't heavy in the hoods yet, there was weed & heroin but not that much]. Once enough people killed each other running numbers the State Lotterys were created and essentially put running numbers out of business.

Then the drugs began heroin, weed, coke, ? , now its prescription drugs. They stopped legalizing things and now its all stacked up. So open the floodgates and legalize it all.

If they would legalize weed people still would be getting killed for coke, ? , codiene and xanax bars, that's my point. Illegal business is a breeding ground for crime so take away the "illegal" part.

I'm even in favor of legalizing prostitution...hell porn is legal.

These stupid vice laws need to go away. People are going to do drugs and they are going to buy ? , let them do it safely. Its beneficial from a tax standpoint and from a prison reform standpoint.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Yep. I say legalize it all. A person can be on heroin for decades and be functional, besides you can always sell methadone for people with ? problems. ? , and other man made stuff is hard to come by. Its dangerous to even make that so I'm not sure about legalizing ? ...besides there aren't many ? heads in the country.

'Scripts & Weed are what people really want, some folks want a little coke every now and again but I don't think you'd see a lot of that either (coke is expensive).

My vision of legalizing it all is to keep it all equal. The idea is to stop displacement. Look at it through history:

When liquor was made illegal (20s-30s) people killed each other in record numbers over it so they legalized it again.
    Crime stopped, bootlegging is still around but there's no Capone's now lol.

Once liquor was legal people in the hood started running numbers (30s-70s) [drugs wasn't heavy in the hoods yet, there was weed & heroin but not that much]. Once enough people killed each other running numbers the State Lotterys were created and essentially put running numbers out of business.

Then the drugs began heroin, weed, coke, ? , now its prescription drugs. They stopped legalizing things and now its all stacked up. So open the floodgates and legalize it all.

If they would legalize weed people still would be getting killed for coke, ? , codiene and xanax bars, that's my point. Illegal business is a breeding ground for crime so take away the "illegal" part.

I'm even in favor of legalizing prostitution...hell porn is legal.

These stupid vice laws need to go away. People are going to do drugs and they are going to buy ? , let them do it safely. Its beneficial from a tax standpoint and from a prison reform standpoint.

Solid points, it's worth giving these ideas a try, especially if they have been successful in Portugal. I'm all for legalizing prostitution too, it's a victimless crime, assuming the woman or man hasn't been forced into it. I went on backpage.com just now out of curiosity and it's safe to say prostitution being illegal isn't stopping people from selling their bodies at all. Some of the chicks there are fine as hell, I just might purchase some ass tonight.....
  • Thinking
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    What's up Sion? =)

Man I'm just chillin fam watching you destroy this ? LOLOLOLOL. Keep droppin that knowledge, we see you out chea chief.

Thanks bruh.

I just gotta be more patient and understanding with some of these cats. I realize I was once in their shoes and have to take a step back and provide more details. I mean well.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    What's up Sion? =)

Man I'm just chillin fam watching you destroy this ? LOLOLOLOL. Keep droppin that knowledge, we see you out chea chief.

Thanks bruh.

I just gotta be more patient and understanding with some of these cats. I realize I was once in their shoes and have to take a step back and provide more details. I mean well.

It's rly taking a lot of patience dealing with you never answering my question about what was fabricated in my sources. You admit the nation is in a ton of debt while the nation is in trouble and spending billions a week in Afghanistan, so yeah, I'm trying to understand what the hell you're talking about.