Wait...What? Calls To Destroy Egypts Great Pyramids Begin

Options
2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Islamist... destroyers of all things that give knowledge...

those damn pyramids predates Islam, they have no right as they do not own them officially.

plus... they go head and blow them ? up if they want.... gon be war of the worlds round this ? .

I agree.....if the pyramids are destroyed, Islam will lose so much respect it's not even funny
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    knights wrote: »
    Aaaaaand another set of extremist morons add reason to hate Islam. Outstanding logic. I still shake my head when I think about how far Egypt fell. On some real ? , I wonder how far Islamic and Christian fundamentalism have set the world back.

Between the Crusades and Islam's razing everything to sand and dust that isn't Allah, I imagine the world has lost some epic knowledge considering everything we've learned from the scraps.

Sad but true. There's a reason so many people around the world hate Islam right now, it creates too many extremists. Reaosn number 76768 why I HATE religion, it only divides people and creates tension. ? all religions
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The relegion of peace lol
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The aliens are going to be mad.
  • DR_The_Infidel
    DR_The_Infidel Members Posts: 8
    Options
    All that tourism money lost would cause some ? . Well, more ?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Looks like it was a prob a twitter hoax.
    http://thedailynewsegypt.com/2012/07/11/another-hoax-cleric-calls-on-president-morsy-to-destroy-giza-pyramids/
    Calls from a Bahraini Sunni cleric urging President Mohamed Morsy to destroy the Giza Pyramids were issued from a parody Twitter account online,
    Following a pattern of news based on hoaxes meant to incite panic about Islamists, this latest item suggests the method is effective in garnering media widespread interest.

The parody Twitter account of Al-Mahmoud tweeted the statement on the same day Morsy was announced president of Egypt.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is ironic given that earlier in history it was Islamic conquerors that were known for coming into areas and spreading knowledge rather than destroying as opposed to what was commonly done by Europeans.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sub-Sahara needs to unite and take back all of Africa.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great idea. Lets call on the President of an unstable region that just got through with unrest to destroy one of -if not the biggest- source of tourism income for the nation.

Great idea Muslim crazies...
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ? up what Islamists are doing to Timbuktu and the rest of Mali destroying ancient temples and burning manuscripts

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    http://thedailynewsegypt.com/2012/07/11/another-hoax-cleric-calls-on-president-morsy-to-destroy-giza-pyramids/
    Calls from a Bahraini Sunni cleric urging President Mohamed Morsy to destroy the Giza Pyramids were issued from a parody Twitter account online,
    Following a pattern of news based on hoaxes meant to incite panic about Islamists, this latest item suggests the method is effective in garnering media widespread interest.

The parody Twitter account of Al-Mahmoud tweeted the statement on the same day Morsy was announced president of Egypt.

damn yall negros cant read
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    Horrible. I can't believe they could do that. No good will come of that.
  • husnain1
    husnain1 Members Posts: 87
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote: »

this exactly why i stopped posting on the IC years ago. everybody gets up in arms without even stopping to think for a second. its always true unless u dont subscribe to it.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    husnain1 wrote: »

this exactly why i stopped posting on the IC years ago. everybody gets up in arms without even stopping to think for a second. its always true unless u dont subscribe to it.

I think that the point skooby was making was that ? were still posting about this like it was real even after someone else already posted that it was probably fake. ? just came in here and dropped their post without even reading through the thread, let alone just the last few posts. We already know that the ic has a reading problem. if it's more than 5 lines, ? won't read. And we wonder why ? are uneducated, running around ignorant as hell. "You want me to read [insert book here]? Damn, is there a movie based on that? Ok, let me just watch that then."

Excuse my rant. Anyways, I wouldn't say that it's far-fetched to think that radical Muslims would want the pyramids destroyed. That sounds at least plausible. Yeah, I could've done some research to see if it was true, but that didn't seem necessary and sometimes you gotta trust the original poster. But it's not like ? don't demand links when questionable material is posted. If not the IC, at least SL posters are good with that. But we're all ignorant about ? one way or another, so nobody's above being fooled every once in a while.

dont hit me with a "didnt read LOL" gif.
  • husnain1
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »

I think that the point skooby was making was that ? were still posting about this like it was real even after someone else already posted that it was probably fake. ? just came in here and dropped their post without even reading through the thread, let alone just the last few posts. We already know that the ic has a reading problem. if it's more than 5 lines, ? won't read. And we wonder why ? are uneducated, running around ignorant as hell. "You want me to read [insert book here]? Damn, is there a movie based on that? Ok, let me just watch that then."

Excuse my rant. Anyways, I wouldn't say that it's far-fetched to think that radical Muslims would want the pyramids destroyed. That sounds at least plausible. Yeah, I could've done some research to see if it was true, but that didn't seem necessary and sometimes you gotta trust the original poster. But it's not like ? don't demand links when questionable material is posted. If not the IC, at least SL posters are good with that. But we're all ignorant about ? one way or another, so nobody's above being fooled every once in a while.

LOL i did actually read all that. as a muslim i do think people tend to overreact whenever something regarding muslims comes up.

• Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL i did actually read all that. as a muslim i do think people tend to overreact whenever something regarding muslims comes up.

lol. and yes I agree. What you said about muslims is true. A lot of Americans are ignorant when it comes to Muslims and Islam. I am too to an extent, but I do try to learn.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • husnain1
    Options

lol. and yes I agree. What you said about muslims is true. A lot of Americans are ignorant when it comes to Muslims and Islam. I am too to an extent, but I do try to learn.

as long as people do try and learn I can accept the disagreements people have with islam. its just that most people who talk about islam (and try to pass themselves off as experts) really dont have a clue
  • ChromaStoned
    ChromaStoned Members Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? religion-remind me what its good for again