Characters you have taking at least 3 out of 10 against Thanos in a fight

Options

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel you. I can't admit a lack if technical knowledge I go by abilities usually. And abstracts seem to be the most dominant. I assumed galactacus to be included. But I stand corrected.

Really though who can ? with Odin. He is easily top 5 regardless of anything right?
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel you. I can't admit a lack if technical knowledge I go by abilities usually. And abstracts seem to be the most dominant. I assumed galactacus to be included. But I stand corrected.

Really though who can ? with Odin. He is easily top 5 regardless of anything right?

ALOT of people. Odin isn't that tough. Galactus can stomp him, Zeus in near equal, Thanos can ? with him but can't beat him, Mephisto is near his level, as is Blackheart, Dormammu is ? with him, Franklin RIchards, etc.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    How do y'all feel about Surtur? I feel like he should be a mother ? beast! We just don't see enough of him for him to get credit?

Also @darkraiden you said a lot of people and you named maybe 7 and most of them are almost on his level accept unfuckwitable galactacus. Odin is definitely tough.
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know about Galactus stomping Odin, but he is certainly above him.

Galactus' status as an abstract can be argued either way. You could consider him the de facto personification of balance due to his relationship with Eternity/Infinity and Death/Oblivion, and if not for Eternity's "son", he could also be considered the personification of Entropy due to the role he plays.
  • Grahf
    Grahf Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    Options
    How do y'all feel about Surtur? I feel like he should be a mother ? beast! We just don't see enough of him for him to get credit?

Also @darkraiden you said a lot of people and you named maybe 7 and most of them are almost on his level accept unfuckwitable galactacus. Odin is definitely tough.

He was recently shown back somehow fulltime saying he planned on bringing about
    "Doom"
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah you said he was top 5, so I named more than 5 on his level and above him, it was just a simple correction, I'm not gonna sit here naming Mad Jim Jaspers, Shuma Gorath, Cytorakk, Chthon and more just to name EVERYONE who's stronger than Odin. Just proving he wasn't top 5.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »

ALOT of people. Odin isn't that tough. Galactus can stomp him, Zeus in near equal, Thanos can ? with him but can't beat him, Mephisto is near his level, as is Blackheart, Dormammu is ? with him, Franklin RIchards, etc.
    Odin is pretty tough..Galactus is above him, but most of these others aren't..Thanos can't even hang with Odin..Franklin at full power is more powerful than Odin..maybe Dormy in his own realm..

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    @jaxn I am with you galactacus can beat him, and Franklin Richards could beat anyone full strength. Other than that no one is outright ? better than him.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @darkraiden most people you said were almost at his level don't take him out of top 5. Saying Odin isn't that tough and naming a few people didn't back your claim. That's all I was saying. You're obviously a knowledgeable comic book guy, so I am not disrespecting. I just differ. Odin is that guy.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @doctopian thank you on the clarification of galactacus's status as an abstract.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @grahf are you talking on Surtur? How would you rank him? Alongside what caliber of character!
  • jaxn
    Options
    Surtur is above Odin in power
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doctopian wrote: »
    I don't know about Galactus stomping Odin, but he is certainly above him.

Galactus' status as an abstract can be argued either way. You could consider him the de facto personification of balance due to his relationship with Eternity/Infinity and Death/Oblivion, and if not for Eternity's "son", he could also be considered the personification of Entropy due to the role he plays.

Well they did fight recently. Even Odin knew he couldn't beat Galactus. He hit Galactus with a super powered headbutt and injured himself so bad his body gave out and he had to transfer his spirit to the Destroyer Armor in an effort to continue the fight. On the flipside, Galacuts had completely healed himself and was up and poppin in a matter of moments.

That said, Odin isn't a slouch. He's a galaxy buster. Thanos is one of my favorite characters but without access to some extra tool, he's nowhere near that level.

• Doctopian
    Options
    Their recent fight is what I had in mind when I made that comment. Galactus is certainly above Odin, but Galactus stomping him is overstating it a bit. In fact, Odin gave Galactus a pretty hard time during that arc.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, old Doomsday laughed off an Omega Beam blast and left Darkseid on life support. And even if Thanos win, his arrogant azz wouldn't destroy the body, so Doomsday would eventually come back evolved to trash dude.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Death cause he wanted the ass.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Their recent fight is what I had in mind when I made that comment. Galactus is certainly above Odin, but Galactus stomping him is overstating it a bit. In fact, Odin gave Galactus a pretty hard time during that arc.

I guess your definition of hard time is a little different than mine. They had a psychic battle that went nowhere. Then Odin tried to kamekaze Galactus and failed badly. His only recourse was to try and use the Destroyer Armor. If your best option when facing someone is a move that leaves you comatose while the other person is just fine, I think it's safe to say they would stomp you in a prolonged fight.

Let's put things in perspective here. Odin stomped Thanos in their fight, but was still unable to put him down for any extended period of time. Odin put himself down for the long haul simply trying to hurt Galactus physically. Think about that for a second. The one and only physical attack he made in the fight ended with him being knocked the ? out. Sorry but Galactus stomps Odin, unless he's in a weakened state.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    Family...gal has so much room between hungry gal and turned up focus gal that he can't really be said to be able to mash Odin. Fully charged Gal beats Odin.
  • Doctopian
    Options
    You're prone to hyperbole, I see. He wasn't left comatose from the attack, he used his essence to animate the Destroyer and promptly woke up when Galactus left.

We don't disagree on who is more powerful, but on the difference of power. When I think "stomped" I think of what Superman would do to the Thing or what Thor did to Iron Man after his return. I just don't view the gap between Odin and Galactus as being quite as wide as you do. We are literally arguing semantics at this point, so it would probably be best if we agreed to disagree.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Galactus already mollywhop'd Thanos
  • Focal Point
    Options

I guess your definition of hard time is a little different than mine. They had a psychic battle that went nowhere. Then Odin tried to kamekaze Galactus and failed badly. His only recourse was to try and use the Destroyer Armor. If your best option when facing someone is a move that leaves you comatose while the other person is just fine, I think it's safe to say they would stomp you in a prolonged fight.

Let's put things in perspective here. Odin stomped Thanos in their fight, but was still unable to put him down for any extended period of time. Odin put himself down for the long haul simply trying to hurt Galactus physically. Think about that for a second. The one and only physical attack he made in the fight ended with him being knocked the ? out. Sorry but Galactus stomps Odin, unless he's in a weakened state.

Thanos cried mercy
  • jaxn
    Options
    the Odin/Galan and the Thor/Surfer fights in that arc were disappointing..it all came down to headbutts.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    You're prone to hyperbole, I see. He wasn't left comatose from the attack, he used his essence to animate the Destroyer and promptly woke up when Galactus left.

We don't disagree on who is more powerful, but on the difference of power. When I think "stomped" I think of what Superman would do to the Thing or what Thor did to Iron Man after his return. I just don't view the gap between Odin and Galactus as being quite as wide as you do. We are literally arguing semantics at this point, so it would probably be best if we agreed to disagree.

I'm not exaggerating anything. Odin headbutted Galactus, and was then laid out. He said a few things to Thor and then passed out. That's when he transferred his essence to the Destroyer. There is no arguing here. His attack put his body out of commission.

And as far as how big the difference between Odin and Galactus is, we can agree to disagree. But as already noted, Galactus' power varies wildly, so when I say Galactus would stop Odin, I'm talking about anything approaching full power. Average Galactus would beat Odin handily but it wouldn't be a Superman/Thing mismatch.
    c1up wrote: »

Thanos cried mercy

No he didn't. Thanos got up and taunted Odin again. Others basically had to come in and stop the fight. Thanos did cry mercy when he tried to fight Galactus though.

• jaxn
    Options
    I don't recall if Galactus was fully fed in that fight or not, but either way he'd beat Odin if he's taking the fight seriously..just like Odin would against Thanos..while Odin didn't necessarily keep Thanos down in that one encounter, he wasn't giving it his all..Thanos was moreso a nuisance than anything..after one barrage from Odin, Thanos was barely able to climb to his feet..however when he tried that ? with Galactus, he put him down with one blast, despite all of Thanos' shielding.
  • Focal Point
    Options

I'm not exaggerating anything. Odin headbutted Galactus, and was then laid out. He said a few things to Thor and then passed out. That's when he transferred his essence to the Destroyer. There is no arguing here. His attack put his body out of commission.

And as far as how big the difference between Odin and Galactus is, we can agree to disagree. But as already noted, Galactus' power varies wildly, so when I say Galactus would stop Odin, I'm talking about anything approaching full power. Average Galactus would beat Odin handily but it wouldn't be a Superman/Thing mismatch.
    c1up wrote: »

Thanos cried mercy

No he didn't. Thanos got up and taunted Odin again. Others basically had to come in and stop the fight. Thanos did cry mercy when he tried to fight Galactus though.

against Galactus is what I was referring to