edited July 2012 in The Powder Room
I have a slight obsession with nail polish :\">

This is my first drawer...it gets worse, lol
[img][/img]th_nailpolish.jpg

My current favorite in my stash:
(she has better technique,lol)

22.JPG

Share your techniques, tips, pics

@SixSickSins I peeped your hand pic...come on in here and post more girl! ;)

Comments

• SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think I'm going to start experimenting with patterns and ombres. I tend to stick with a plain coat.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Six
    Great drop girl, thanks!!! I knew you had some great looks-let me get those sneaks! :) I need that green as well, lol
    Pinks and reds are my favorites as well but I will try anything once. I have some nail plates that you can make your own designs-makes it very easy to do. I love the ombre look but have not tried it.

@kai
    I used to work at a hospital and was always in water-my nails suffered so I feel you. Artificial nails feel heavy on my fingers and then I end up tearing them off....really bad for the nail.

Fingers:

[img][/img]th_2012-05-04_22-43-11_800-1.jpg

Toes:

[img][/img]th_rsz_img_20120712_110908.jpg

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm obsessed with keeping my nails manicured. I stick with French tip or pinks cause I'll get really flustered if my nails clash with my outfit color :- /
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I looooove nail polish, I change my color every few days. My collection is starting to get crazy, I want one of those nail polish containers...
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am a nail polish fiend. I have acrylics but I always re-paint my nails 2 days (sometimes less) after I leave the salon. I just did French with a pinkish opi (I think it's called rosy future) tint on my nails and toes last night. I bought a coral color this morning I'll probably change them tomorrow. I have a ridiculous collection. I gave a lot away but I still have over 100 bottles. My ex used to tell me I have a problem. Lol
  • Britt_J
    Britt_J Members Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have any of you tried the magnetic nail polish? I got a couple colors and i love it.
    utf-8BMjYwOS1zYWxseS1oYW5zZW4tbWFnbmV0aWMtbmFpbC1wb2xpc2gxLmpwZw.jpg
  • MissK
    Options
    @MrsWest

See girl, that is why he is an ex....nail polish is not a problem! lol

Would love to see some pics of your stash.

@taeboo

I want a few of those myself. I have seen some really good ideas for nail storage out there
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Britt_j Been wanting to try that magnetic polish. I love the effect.
  • MrMETROsexiest
    MrMETROsexiest Members Posts: 2
    Options
    loving this thread, kudos ladies
  • MissK
    Options
    @Britt

I heard it can be difficult to use...is it?
    The effect is stunning.
  • Westie
    Options
    @specialk girl, it's just in clear boxes, it's a hot mess. Lol I need some storage for them I'm looking online actually. I swear 80% of my polishes are pink. I love glitter too but sometimes that sucks. I did this really cute design with a pink Essie glitter and it took a week to get the glitter completely off. Anybody have tips for that?

I do my French tips freehand and clean it up with q tips they come out really good. Wish I could post a pic on my phone.
  • MissK
    Options
    @MrsWest

I love some glitter as well but I agree it can be a pain!!

This helps or a variation of this process

berrypolished.com/removing-glitter-polish-the-foil-method/
  • Westie
    Options
    Thanks I'll try that!

Btw my friend used that magnetic polish and she had to do each nail one at a time. They looked cute, but she had chipping the very next day. She was ? .
  • MissK
    Options
    You're welcome, I hope it helps a bit!

@cain

just what were you expecting from a nail fanatic thread?!
  • Britt_J
    Options
    Yes, you have to put one coat on all nails, then, one by one, you have to hold the magnet over your nail. The polish has to be really wet for it to work. Also I first tried it with some cheap brand and it barely worked and all my nails were chipped the next day. The best brand so far has been from sephora.
  • Westie
    Options
    @kat me and my daughters do nails every Tuesday night while we watch pretty little liars. Lol I'm not great at designs but I'll do one nail in glitter or rainbow nails for them a lot. They love it.
  • taeboo
    Options
    Has anyone tried the gel nail polish at home? I've gotten it done at the salon, but it was a pain to get off. I'm wondering is it the same with the at home products....
  • MissK
    Options
    @taeboo

I have the UV lamp to cure the shellac nail polish. The process is fairly easy. I am impatient about taking it off and found that if I pick at it, it will pretty much come up in one piece, lol. Do you soak the color off?

Not as good as the salon but I could probably do better if I practiced more. The only reason I don't use it more is because I tend to switch my colors a lot and that defeats the whole purpose of gel/shellac polish.

@kat

Are her nailbeds really small? The nail plates I mentioned are fun and easy but the designs may be too big for her nail....
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    I am obsessed with keeping my nails and toes done

I had to miss my appointment this week cause of stupid trial and can't get in until Friday.

This summer I've done alot of pinks. Hot pink, bubble gum pink, floresent pink, Barbie pink etc. Can't get too flashy cause of work though.

I will get a design on my toes sometimes.
  • taeboo
    Options
    @special k

Yeah I soaked my nails, but I still had to pick some of it off.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    @Kat

buy her those little stickers for her nails... much easier and they have some really cute ones
  • MissK
    Options
    @taeboo

hmm. I don't know then.

have you tried these:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzdBhvpXZ7cRqJt611nqQjz5FhaRetgyA2ylRlxdtXwcAWf5UP

Longer wear time but not as hard (for me at least) to remove as gel
  • taeboo
    Options
    Yes love those @specialk. Those are easy to apply and take off...
  • Britt_J
    Options
    @specialK I love those! And they do last long like u said