Unbridaled Covetousness.......Atheists stay winnin ?!!!?

Options
The True Flesh
The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
.......I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known ? , except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. Romans 7:7

Are you telling me that you don't believe in ? , therefore there is no such sin as covetousness? So, as a result you can do whatever you want, pursue materialism without restraint, indulge in all of your lusts without consequence.

Why aren't atheists constantly winning then??? what's holding you back from mercilessly taking whatever you want as long as you can "get away" with it?

Serious question.

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The most covetous people I know are Christians, so what you sayin?
  • The True Flesh
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    The most covetous people I know are Christians, so what you sayin?

"CLAIMING" Christian is a great tool for fueling your lusts, Christians are known to other true Christians by their fruits, fruits of righteousness and kindness so we are not decieved by every tom ? and harry that says "hey, I'm a Christian!"

So your statement actually makes no sense. Like I said in another thread I could go around claiming to be an albino Panamanian midget but as soon as you see me, you would know that I'm not that at all.......It's kinda like that.

I've heard the whole "? was even a Christian" Bullsh*t before GTFOHWTBS

It was a sincere question. let's see if we can get an answer from somebody that isn't being deceptive wit themself.

PEACE

• jono
    Options
    A likely story. That's a major fault with religion right there. You deny another's beliefs because of what they do. A true christian response would be that everybody falls short but a true christian prays for forgiveness.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For me, knowing that this is the only life, i rather live it peacefully rather then making enemies which is a recipe for an early or unpleasant end. I also rather not live it lying to myself and creating illogical restrictions based off belief. Why isn't this in R&R?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    .......I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known ? , except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. Romans 7:7

Are you telling me that you don't believe in ? , therefore there is no such sin as covetousness? So, as a result you can do whatever you want, pursue materialism without restraint, indulge in all of your lusts without consequence.

Why aren't atheists constantly winning then??? what's holding you back from mercilessly taking whatever you want as long as you can "get away" with it?

Serious question.

because atheist does not = ?

just regular people who choose not to believe in fairytales

• The True Flesh
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    A likely story. That's a major fault with religion right there. You deny another's beliefs because of what they do. A true christian response would be that everybody falls short but a true christian prays for forgiveness.

This post is retardation!!!
  • jono
    Options
    The answer is obvious. Christians always want to know where your "moral compass" comes from but the majority of that ? can be answered with simple logic.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this thread is retardation
  • The True Flesh
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    For me, knowing that this is the only life, i rather live it peacefully rather then making enemies which is a recipe for an early or unpleasant end. I also rather not live it lying to myself and creating illogical restrictions based off belief. Why isn't this in R&R?

This is a respectable response. I made this thread because I'm a ghetto niqqa from the hood who just happens to be convicted by the Bible at every turn. I would be a beast if i didn't have something to keep me humble, in my case it's not the so called religious people in the church building.......but it's the Bible itself.....It's an unavoidable mirror that shows me the dirt that I have on me that I can't wash off on my own.

I'm just curious to know by what mechanism do you subdue your inner beast if you're a non-believer.......No diss to anyone!!!

and yeah this probably should be moved to R&R

PEACE
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would be a beast if i didn't have something to keep me humble, in my case it's not the so called religious people in the church building.......but it's the Bible itself.....It's an unavoidable mirror that shows me the dirt that I have on me that I can't wash off on my own.

lol
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Society created the idea of good and evil, not a ? . When we remove a ? from the equation, we answer to ourselves. We no longer sin against a ? but humanity. I try to refrain from causing suffering on my "brothers and sisters" because they are just that.