SDCC 2012: Metal Gear Solid 5 Shown at Comic Con?

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in IllGaming

An image that was supposedly snapped at San Diego Comic Con has appeared online, suggesting that a presentation for Metal gear Solid 5 was made at the show.

The photo was apparently taken during a behind-closed-doors event at the show, and shows the Metal Gear Solid 5 logo with the words “Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavors” above it, or OGRE, coincidence? Could this be a new tagline for the series that will replace the much loved “Tactical Espionage Action.” It would certainly explain what the mysterious Project Ogre is.

Just to add a little more fuel to the fire, Konami U.K. tweeted: “Fake or real, we love a bit of speculation! ‪#ogre‬ ‪#mgs5‬,” linking to the above photo. Could it be trying to muddy the waters and make us think the image is fake, or is it just making fun of it not being real?

It gets better, Epic Game’s Cliff Bleszinski tweeted: “Just got pulled into a back room at Comic Con by @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN and showed some crazy new secret stuff. Wow.”

I have no idea what to believe, there’s been plenty of fake images about apparent behind-closed-doors announcements in the past, but there’s a little piece of my heart that so badly wants this to be real. I’m not best pleased about losing the “Tactical Espionage,” but as long as it has Snake in it I will be a very happy man.

Metal-gear-Solid-5-1.jpg

Metal-gear-Solid-5-3.jpg

Comments