Egyptians Pelt Clinton With Tomatoes, Chant Monica

Options
Bully_Pulpit
Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in The Social Lounge
hillary-clinton-portrait.n.jpg
Hillary Clinton has been welcomed in Egypt by locals greeting her motorcade with tomatoes, shoes and water bottles. Rallying protesters showed awareness with US domestic policy history, chanting “Monica, Monica”.
The two-day visit by the US secretary of state to Egypt ended in scandal when the convoy she was driving in from the newly-opened American consulate in the Mediterranean port of Alexandria was attacked by local citizens chanting anti-American slogans.
The protesting crowds hailed the motorcade with vegetables and other objects, reportedly hitting one of the Egyptian officials in the convoy in the face. The American armored motorcade suffered only superficial damage while Hillary Clinton’s car remained intact.
There have been reports of the protesters chanting "Leave, Clinton” and "Monica, Monica," presumably referring to the scandal with the secretary’s husband, former US President Bill Clinton’s extra-marital affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.
The protesters were holding banners in Arabic and English, accusing the US of interfering into Egypt’s internal affairs.

Egyptians chant slogans against the visit of US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in front of the doors of the presidential palace after her meeting with Egypt's President Mohamed Mursi (Reuters / Amr Dalsh)
The protests against Clinton’s visit to Egypt started on Saturday when the US secretary of state met with Egypt's new President Mohammed Morsi, an Islamist protégée of the Muslim Brotherhood. Demonstrators surrounded Clinton’s hotel later on Saturday, chanting anti-Islamist slogans and putting the blame on Washington for the Islamists’ rise to power and victory in the country’s presidential elections.

Many of the protesters accused Mohammed Morsi of "selling out" to Washington.
“I want to tell the Americans who are supporting democracy that we don't have any democracy in Egypt,” one demonstrator, Ahmed Abdel Alim, told AP. “Egyptians of all sects – Muslims, Christians and minorities – do not have any rights in this country.”
During her visit to Egypt, the US Secretary of State also met with Field Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, the head of the military council of Egypt that currently holds power in the country.
Clinton urged the Egyptian military to transfer power in full to the newly-elected president, who was sworn in two weeks ago.
Still, just hours after the meeting with Clinton, the head of the Egyptian military took a hard line on Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood on Sunday, stating he is against Islamist fundamentalists dominating the country’s political landscape.

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL They lucky they didn't get shot.Obama and them pop ?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao damn thats funny but ? up. And yes Obama is a ? goon about his. He killed more Muslims than bad bacon.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    lmao damn thats funny but ? up. And yes Obama is a ? goon about his. He killed more Muslims than bad bacon.

Yeah Obama doesn't play with Muslims. He's the world's biggest killer if you think about it. On top of his support for Israel and protecting them at every turn, I'm not surprised the Middle East still hates America so much after "hope and change". We deserve to be hated there but damn I still feel bad for Hillary
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Yeah Obama doesn't play with Muslims. He's the world's biggest killer if you think about it.

That's right. This ? don't ? it like Bush did. If he want you got, YOU GET GOT. I ? ' love it.

juequo.jpg

lol yep, if ya'll ignant ass naggas can admire muhfuckin brutal dictators that execute kids and crime kingpins that have old grandmothers clapped for testifying, then I can admire Obama's gangsta thankyouverymuch. He'll blow up yo crib with a muhfuckin robot, my ? . And ? dem 80 kids that was also in the house, he gon' sleep fine. Obama is the one who knocks.

(oh and Chavez. He had the CIA give Chavez cancer.)

btw kingblaze by your own standards Hillary DOES deserve this - I can tell you for a fact that she has sided with the most hawkish ppl during every internal argument within this administration. Israel would've loved her as President.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Yeah Obama doesn't play with Muslims. He's the world's biggest killer if you think about it.

That's right. This ? don't ? it like Bush did. If he want you got, YOU GET GOT. I ? ' love it.

juequo.jpg

lol yep, if ya'll ignant ass naggas can admire muhfuckin brutal dictators that execute kids and crime kingpins that have old grandmothers clapped for testifying, then I can admire Obama's gangsta thankyouverymuch. He'll blow up yo crib with a muhfuckin robot, my ? . And ? dem 80 kids that was also in the house, he gon' sleep fine. Obama is the one who knocks.

(oh and Chavez. He had the CIA give Chavez cancer.)

btw kingblaze by your own standards Hillary DOES deserve this - I can tell you for a fact that she has sided with the most hawkish ppl during every internal argument within this administration. Israel would've loved her as President.

LOL well Obama is supreme gangsta, no argument here.........and yeah man, Hillary did deserve this. That's what happens when you support policies that make America even more hated around the world. I guess Hillary's and Obama's gangsta isn't winning hearts and minds, but it's definitely killing lots of people. If that's the goal, than Obama is definitely winning. No terrorist attacks in America under his watch, can't complain too much now can I?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    if i think about it i think of several people (let's start with Vladimir Putin) who you can bring up if you HAVE to try and argue with someone who's claimed Obama is that murderous
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    if i think about it i think of several people (let's start with Vladimir Putin) who you can bring up if you HAVE to try and argue with someone who's claimed Obama is that murderous

Are you trying to say Vladimir Putin even comes close to out Ted Bundying Obama?
  • janklow
    Options
    Are you trying to say Vladimir Putin even comes close to out Ted Bundying Obama?
    i'm saying if you think there's even a debate, you're not that familiar with Vladimir Putin.
    unless you're claiming Obama is PERSONALLY murdering people and Putin is not.

• plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hillary / US always in other peoples business. Let Egyptians run Egypt. We got enough problems here that all us politicians need to focus on.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well IDK Janklow, Obama personally orders drone strikes all around the world, as far as I know, Putin does not come close to Obama's body count. Can you give me some examples of how Putin is out killing Obama?
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    Hillary / US always in other peoples business. Let Egyptians run Egypt. We got enough problems here that all us politicians need to focus on.

Agreed, the Middle East has every reason to hate America. We've killed more of their civilians over the past 10 years than Osama Bin Laden has killed Americans. And we all know what Israel does with American money.....Hillary is lucky worse didn't happen to her in Egypt. I predict Obama will have shoes thrown at him if he dares visit the Middle East again (not including Israel).
  • janklow
    Options
    Well IDK Janklow, Obama personally orders drone strikes all around the world, as far as I know, Putin does not come close to Obama's body count. Can you give me some examples of how Putin is out killing Obama?
    i'm going to start with "Second Chechen War" and just leave it at that.