Why you offended?

Options

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    That's all you offering is ? ? LOL...? is not worth that much on the stock market woman. You want my skin nice, my body tight, my teeth white, good paying job, etc...and all you offering is ? ????

LMFAO!!! I would have to Joe Montana that ?

And the same thing O'Keefe did is what these shirts do. They say the obvious.

But I can dig it...good look on the 2 cent drops
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Lol I never said that's all I offered

There were several words that came before my ?

Which is laid like Pocahontas

It's sees all the colors in the wind
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol woman is half past seven
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The juvenile in me will cause me to wear these shirts.

dg99_pixelorgy2.jpg?103843

DG99_Doubles2.jpg?103843

liquor4.jpg?103843

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @haute funky dinevas funny af
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tacky ^^^

And @kai I think it's more about your position in life. A mommy walking her child to school in ? cutters looks just as tacky at 23 as it would at 33.

man i saw a BAD ass chick in walmart yesterday that had some lil tiny shorts up in her ass....face was perfect, skin was perfect, then i saw these three girls tall as me comin behind her talkin bout "mama"....all of a sudden the shorts weren't cute anymore lol....
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @mrswest girl he cracks me up!
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    serious question...would any of the dudes that are co-signing these shirts wear them around your mother?

I'm personally to grown to wear those shirts, but I wouldn't wear them round my mother, but I also wouldn't smoke weed, swear or be my real self to some degree around my mother.....so ..*shrugs

I see nothing wrong with youngers out here wearin them shirts...

• HafBayked
    Options
    serious question...would any of the dudes that are co-signing these shirts wear them around your mother?

yup....my mama loves graphic tees....including the ones I had with Super Mario and Spongebob gettin high, and my lil brother's "I Heart ? " shirt
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    sure why not... like maybe just the head is covered

I'd have no problem with it...i don't see it as some big indicator of the person's personality or their place in life...just a shirt
  • blackrain
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Ok but you being silly tho. That shirt doesn't compare to the t.i.t.s. shirts because that is just blatant ignorance. O'Keefe got ? drawings...you would be with your white boyfriend talking about how artistic it is but now I wear a shirt that basically empowers the same thing you deem it to be childish and ignorant.
    blackrain wrote: »
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    LOL! Naw bruh I wasn't throwing shade at you. I said that to acknowledge the difference of opinions. Now if the joints were red and black, I could ? with it. I just don't do the purp less its in my garcia vegs

But yea...a 40 and up dude; it would look kinda strange...but if that's how he rolls, thats how he rolls.

I'm no youngin but I'm not old either lol

walaikum salaam

Funny I never even considered an older person wearing this shirt...it looks like some ? somebody like 18-21 would wear in the first place which is why I don't see them as that big of a deal...that's they remind me of posters...you can get the same/similar pictures on posters when college's have poster sales for students to decorate their dorm rooms...i knew they looked familiar lol

18-21? Lol! So you entertain this form of media in other aspects of your life but you see a dude rocking a tee you regard him as kid? C'mon man. Women and sex is throughout all we do. Red bull knows this when they got two blonde blue eye chix riding around promoting their products. Axe uses this angle to get you to buy their body wash. But it's on a tshirt so its childish? C'mon man, lol

Never said a kid...said it reminds me of a poster you'd see at a college poster sale that somebody turned into a shirt...notice i'm debating mssouthern about it not being childish...
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    It's not just a shirt.

It's a frame of mind...you don't just wear a shirt with an obvious message unless it coincides with your thought process.

not necessarily. it's a shirt not a tattoo. of course everybody has limits on ? they'll wear, but there's too many instances where somebody will just throw on any old thing without it meaning they outright agree with the message. hell, i wore an NRA shirt last week and i don't particularly care for guns. i'm wearing a shirt with a bunch of bible verses on it right now and i couldn't tell you the last time i partook in any religious activities.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It's not just a shirt.

It's a frame of mind...you don't just wear a shirt with an obvious message unless it coincides with your thought process.

not necessarily. it's a shirt not a tattoo. of course everybody has limits on ? they'll wear, but there's too many instances where somebody will just throw on any old thing without it meaning they outright agree with the message. hell, i wore an NRA shirt last week and i don't particularly care for guns. i'm wearing a shirt with a bunch of bible verses on it right now and i couldn't tell you the last time i partook in any religious activities.

But you bought ithe two shirts for a reason. What was that reason? style? the shock value.

Even when you throw on basketball shorts and a t-shirt w/some sandals to hit the grocery store you are conveying your attitude or ideas. And basketball shorts and a t-shirt w/ sandals says I just came for what I need and most likely going straight home.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3228-0.jpg
    yes i actually own this shirt, and wifey does not give two ?

damn I really really want this shirt dude
  • caddo man
    Options
    Lady Zee wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near offended by that shirt.
    Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

two things: you are young and single. That shirt on a dude says that he is "daring and dont give a ? about what society thinks". That is cool for now until dude is 35 y.o. and other factors contribute to that last statement being a crutch.

When you young and dumb, it is cute.
    When you old and dumb, it is a damn shame.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eh. what i found

41%2BhWbTwiiL.jpg

i like the yellow one tho...

• atribecalledgabi
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    It's not just a shirt.

But you bought ithe two shirts for a reason. What was that reason? style? the shock value.

Even when you throw on basketball shorts and a t-shirt w/some sandals to hit the grocery store you are conveying your attitude or ideas. And basketball shorts and a t-shirt w/ sandals says I just came for what I need and most likely going straight home.
    but that's what i'm saying...who said i bought those shirts? or that everybody that wears something somebody deems inappropriate went outa their way to get/wear it? today was laundry day & this shirt was one of the only clean ones lying around that fit so i put it on. that NRA shirt had a color scheme that went with the rest of my outfit that day. neither of those shirts personally mean anything to me.

people have older siblings that they steal ? from, parents, etc...the shirt has a nice color scheme, played sports or something & they gave you a free shirt at the end, was part of a sale where you get multiple shirts when you want just one & the rest are just extra...a lot of scenarios that don't necessarily mean you fully support what you have on.

if you mean doing something deliberately, like going to a 49ers game & wearing all raiders apparel then i cs. but i don't find a half naked female on a shirt that i assume would be worn in a casual setting as shock value or some deep insight to one's innermost thoughts.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    It's not just a shirt.

I get that on a certain level, cause I wear my bf's free computer nerd t-shirts all the time, BUT when the t-shirt takes on an obvious controversial message, it's not just a t-shirt anymore. You may see it that way, but the majority of the population around you is reading far more into it's message.
    i don't disagree with people reading into how you dress. i'm just sayin when it comes to these types of shirts, it's not cause for pause. if it was worn deliberately to stir the ? , then yea. but if you're just out & about kickin it with your peoples.....*kanye shrug*
  • caddo man
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    It's not just a shirt.

but that's what i'm saying...who said i bought those shirts? or that everybody that wears something somebody deems inappropriate went outa their way to get/wear it? today was laundry day & this shirt was one of the only clean ones lying around that fit so i put it on. that NRA shirt had a color scheme that went with the rest of my outfit that day. neither of those shirts personally mean anything to me.

people have older siblings that they steal ? from, parents, etc...the shirt has a nice color scheme, played sports or something & they gave you a free shirt at the end, was part of a sale where you get multiple shirts when you want just one & the rest are just extra...a lot of scenarios that don't necessarily mean you fully support what you have on.

if you mean doing something deliberately, like going to a 49ers game & wearing all raiders apparel then i cs. but i don't find a half naked female on a shirt that i assume would be worn in a casual setting as shock value or some deep insight to one's innermost thoughts.

bruh really!!!!! You not wearing something you dont deem cool or your style. Point blank, period. regardless if you bought it are not................ you made the decision to wear it.

And staying on topic: You put on your clothes with an idea of what might happen. Like putting on all blue with the laces and rolling through a known blood area. Ignorance can only get you so far.
    You knew when you put on that NRA shirt that someone may ask you what's up with the shirt. I have a shirt that says JEEP on it. I dont own a JEEP but I know someone may ask me if I own one.

And the same with T-shirts with half naked women on it. Your grandma or mother, aunt, neice..... whomever is going to say something to you. You know the reactions you will get as soon as you put it on. You are not stupid. I know that!!!!!!!!! because the post above made perfect sense.
  • HafBayked
    edited July 2012
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »

yup....my mama loves graphic tees....including the ones I had with Super Mario and Spongebob gettin high, and my lil brother's "I Heart ? " shirt

o i c...well im not gonna ask how old she is or anything...if she likes it, ehhh...

but me personally, i wouldnt wear anything like that around my mother...i know she would find it offensive and thats not the message I want to convey...im all for graphic tees and all, but some stuff i wouldnt wear...

i wore video game shirts like mario and others b/c of the nostalgia of them from when i was a kid, but a half naked chick on the front of my shirt says high school senior/college undergrad...it just screams "im on some young ? "...

she's 50 and a RN.....she'll change the channel if they're cussing too much or there's something explicit on, so its not like she's some "im cool with my kids" party ass mama....but she firmly believes in freedom of expression....if i wanna wear a shirt wit t & a on the front, she's all for it, but she aint wearing it.....she fought battles with me @ school about my hair ( beads, fro'd out, pick in hair, etc.)....its all about expression....

but there are still some things i wouldnt wear....if not around her i wouldnt wear it period tho
  • blackrain
    Options
    tabatha_ wrote: »
    For the people say it's just a t-shirt, you wouldn't be saying that if a white guy was walking around with a lynched black man on his t-shirt. You can't say what one wears bears no reflection on one's own self. Most of us judge people by what they wear whether positively or negatively is of no importance. Those t-shirts are no different.

Because it's not...I'm wearing a Kansas City Royals hat right now and I'm not a KC fan..it's just a hat...nobody is denying that clothes can be used to send a message, but everything isn't that deep. Sometimes ? really just is that simple
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CainMarko wrote: »
    Wouldn't wear it and nobody I deal with would wear those shirts but I wouldn't hate on a dude who did.

YOU BOUT 49 YEARS OLD, YOU BETTE RNOT BE WEARIN NO ? LIKE THAT

• blackrain
    Options
    For the people say it's just a t-shirt, you wouldn't be saying that if a white guy was walking around with a lynched black man on his t-shirt. You can't say what one wears bears no reflection on one's own self. Most of us judge people by what they wear whether positively or negatively is of no importance. Those t-shirts are no different.

Because it's not...I'm wearing a Kansas City Royals hat right now and I'm not a KC fan..it's just a hat...nobody is denying that clothes can be used to send a message, but everything isn't that deep. Sometimes ? really just is that simple

Talk about oversimplifying. Just like @allparish12 said, someone might think you follow the team. People will judge you and make assumptions based off your clothes. That is the world we live in. If you wore a t-shirt with two men kissing, people will probably assume you are ? . If you wore ? , ripped up clothing, people will probably assume you are poor.

But seeing as you live in a place where people make no presumptions off of one's clothing, I think I might like to move there. Open-minded as ? .

I never said people won't judge, I said it doesn't mean the assumptions somebody comes to is always true...big difference...might do you better to follow your own advice and ask a question for clarification next time instead of assuming
  • blackrain
    Options

Talk about oversimplifying. Just like @allparish12 said, someone might think you follow the team. People will judge you and make assumptions based off your clothes. That is the world we live in. If you wore a t-shirt with two men kissing, people will probably assume you are ? . If you wore ? , ripped up clothing, people will probably assume you are poor.

But seeing as you live in a place where people make no presumptions off of one's clothing, I think I might like to move there. Open-minded as ? .

I never said people won't judge, I said it doesn't mean the assumptions somebody comes to is always true...big difference...might do you better to follow your own advice and ask a question for clarification next time instead of assuming

Why should I ask for clarification? At the end of the day, you quoted and bolded my statement I responded to that. This thread was never about if one's first impressions are wrong, it's about a t-shirt and how people can judge you off it.
    People aren't taking the time to sit down with strangers to say "hey, I saw you walking around with ? out on your t-shirt and I think there is more to you than that. Your t-shirt makes you seem a little immature and I think deep down inside, there is a real man. I'd like to meet him". They see what you're wearing, they form an opinion and that is that.

I never said you HAD to ask a question of clarification...I said asking one would have and often does prevent people from thinking their assumptions are fact when they could be wrong...if you're the type that you think you can automatically tell that much about a person from a t-shirt more power to you...but to many a t-shirt is just that...a t-shirt and not a great indicator of that person's position in life...
  • Bookworm
    Bookworm Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options