The POTUS has spoken

Options
heyslick
heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
edited July 2012 in The Social Lounge
Obama: You didn’t build your business
Mon, 07/16/2012 - 1:50pm | posted by Tom Knighton

President Obama has been accused of conducting class warfare. His supporters, obviously, disagree. They see Obama merely as fighting for the rights of the lower and middle classes against the all-powerful wealthy. However, this latest quote from the president takes a shot that may just go astray:

If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

Yes. He really said that.

So now anyone who struggles to succeed in Business didn't build it on there own --- WOW!

Comments

• heyslick
    Options
    This man is a egotistical maniac - SERIOUSLY folks why should anyone in America struggle to succeed - the President will accuse you of not doing it on your own....WOW!

See, that’s why Obama is so confident about talking the money earned by businesses owners and their employees. You don’t really run your own business, Obama does. He is the one who puts in the 70 hour weeks and takes the risks and borrows money from family. When I was working 70 hour weeks in IT start-ups, that wasn’t me working those hours, that was Obama. That’s why he’s entitled to tax me so much. He was actually working weekends to earn my salary. He has a right to my salary, because I didn’t really earn it.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • heyslick
    Options
    President Obama will destroy America.

Our society has been made better through innovation and technology in which the government did no provide. It's tens of thousands of companies which at one point stated out small and with an idea that over time have given us what we have today. Listening to Obama speak about small business owners was like listening to Hugo Chavez or Fidel Castro. Why would any business owner even think about expanding their business and putting their resources at risk, when they have a dictator who thinks so little of them? So if the owners of their business didn't build their businesses, who did? Was it the Small Business fairy and her magic wand who did it? And to think, people actually elected this guy.

• heyslick
    Options
    he has a point but said it in a very out of touch mitt romney kinda way.

I understand his point to a degree - BUT what's he gonna claim next? e.g.,that athletes didn't build up there bodies and work hard to succeed in whatever sport - someone else lifted those weights OR did all the running for them - what about boxers who did all the work? someone else? WOW this man is SO DOWN on those who work hard. WTF? hes so demoralizing

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • heyslick
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    he has a point but said it in a very out of touch mitt romney kinda way.

I understand his point to a degree - BUT what's he gonna claim next? e.g.,that athletes didn't build up there bodies and work hard to succeed in whatever sport - someone else lifted those weights OR did all the running for them - what about boxers who did all the work? someone else? WOW this man is SO DOWN on those who work hard. WTF? hes so demoralizing

the bottom line is always the issue no?

so to achieve that you need who?

he just said it all ? up is all...

you know i aint no sympathizer so dont try that ? .

it is what it is.

If he doesn't mean what he says,then he needs to learn how say what he means. He's playing both sides against the middle & some people are getting tired of it - unfortunately its the small business owner who's struggling already to make a go of it & now hes being told HE didn't build that business on his own. Well WHO in the ? had the gumption to start said business & sacrificed to see the business grow --- who was that worked when everyone else went home and rested - YEAH the business owner.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • heyslick
    Options
    i think he is talking more about the big businesses....

but we can look at it from your point of view....

he's stomping on mom and pop businesses with this quote.

sure why not?

Even if he was - for example HP started out in a garage (no highways or Bridges required) - I've never heard any successful business owner claim they succeeded entirely on there own,why is he so determined to undermind those who wanna start a small business & maybe even grow into the next HP or Wendys etc.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • heyslick
    Options
    i think he's saying the rich need to quit acting like ? cause he coming for them... soon.

OK! he's declaring War on anyone who makes over 250 thousand dollars - I always thought that only congress could declare War? The POTUS is waging class warfare.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @heyslick... you live in a mobile home. the ? you worried about rich business owners or anyone making over $250,000 for?

you oughta be glad he "waging class warfare" on your behalf. foh ignoramus...
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I am a business owner as well and I did not build my business alone. I had these folks called customers that were the most important contributor to my business. Even more important than me.

And here is the whole quote

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires."
  • heyslick
    Options
    whar wrote: »
    I am a business owner as well and I did not build my business alone. I had these folks called customers that were the most important contributor to my business. Even more important than me.

And here is the whole quote

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires."

I'll ? two birds with one stone - I don't live in a motor home/mobile home, I did however say my next home will be on four wheels. Don't give me any of your ? about what he actually said - this man know exactly what hes doing & saying he's on his doctrine of spreading the wealth around & he was more direct with his words when he was on the campaign trail - telling Joe the plumber about spreading the wealth around - MOVE forward & hes toned it down, BUT its still the same message - he's out to control every aspect of society & those who don't adhere to his policies will be taxed out of existence, THIS man is egotistical maniac/radical ideologue. The Government cannot FIX the private sector there out to destroy the free enterprise system & some of you are to blind to see it.maybe just plain ignorant?

• Inglewood_B
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @heyslick...

Tumblr_lftvvrIwcT1qfgij5o1_400.gif

nice try devil. but your deceitful tactic failed. next time drop the whole quote...
  • heyslick
    Options
    @heyslick...

nice try devil. but your deceitful tactic failed. next time drop the whole quote...

That's your best comeback? The POTUS is waging class warfare with the majority of America - well over half of this countries citizens DON'T agree with the direction this President has chosen for America. He swore to Transform America (aka) destroy America & it happening before your very blinded eyes.

• Inglewood_B
    Options
    @heyslick...

That's your best comeback? The POTUS is waging class warfare with the majority of America - well over half of this countries citizens DON'T agree with the direction this President has chosen for America. He swore to Transform America (aka) destroy America & it happening before your very blinded eyes.

you have any other quotes completely out of context to back up your claim of him swearing to "destroy" america?

you are a liar and have been exposed. why should i take anything you say seriously?

• heyslick
    Options
    @heyslick...

you have any other quotes completely out of context to back up your claim of him swearing to "destroy" america?

you are a liar and have been exposed. why should i take anything you say seriously?

I never said that - now deny he's never uttered these words fundamentally transforming America. GO FOR IT!!

• heyslick
    Options
    Here's the video -- WOW listen towards the end - he says hes gonna change the world as well as the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrefKCaV8m4
  • Inglewood_B
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @heyslick...

I never said that - now deny he's never uttered these words fundamentally transforming America. GO FOR IT!!

are you really this stupid? i bolded it for you in your own post. but ill do it again anyway
    @heyslick...

this was literally 2 posts up where you said it

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As opposed to "Taking America Back" to the good ol days?
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Here's the video -- WOW listen towards the end - he says hes gonna change the world as well as the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrefKCaV8m4

so are you saying everything in the world was all ? -dorey and everything was perfect before he got in?

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh look, Obama committed a gaffe that will make him look bad in the eyes of that crucial business-owner voter demographic

Meanwhile, Romney continues to get lit up like Hov in the 99 Problems video over Bain Capital and his tax returns, two things that make him look bad to the white working-class voters that are his only shot at winning..........two things he shoulda BEEN had a solid defense prepared for...........lol even Bill Kristol and Ron Paul agree he need to release his tax returns........when the ? have those two agreed on anything lol.
  • heyslick
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

The good ol days is something you radicals would still be ? about whether that was the truth or not - Most people don't want the government running every aspect of our lives - & the sooner you comprehend that concept the better off you'll be. Unlike most Americans you radicals can't understand this simple principle 'sweat and sacrifice equal success' unfortunately you lefties just love for others to take care of you and yours & rely on UNCLE SUGAR from cradle to grave. BTW the good ol days was when Clinton made things happen & he balanced the budget.

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

The good ol days is something you radicals would still be ? about whether that was the truth or not - Most people don't want the government running every aspect of our lives - & the sooner you comprehend that concept the better off you'll be. Unlike most Americans you radicals can't understand this simple principle 'sweat and sacrifice equal success' unfortunately you lefties just love for others to take care of you and yours & rely on UNCLE SUGAR from cradle to grave. BTW the good ol days was when Clinton made things happen & he balanced the budget.

I've never been to a rally nor have i thrown a rock through a window, so how I a radical? Clinton was as much of a liar as you claim Obama to be and I don't see how what he did in the good times was any different then what Obama is doing except exporting jobs. Those times didn't stop the Banks from creating the environment that caused the great recession which was exacerbated by Bush the younger.