Other gods pre-dating Jesus...

VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
tumblr_lit26c0drS1qft0amo1_400.jpg

Where do believers begin to defend Jesus' story?

Comments

• ChromaStoned
    ChromaStoned Members Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    those stories are ? too
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @Vibe....

Typical you have no other argument other than discrepancies in the scriptures....

Where do non-believers begin to defend their story???
    bambu wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    LOL @ labeling my image "Piltdown Man", and not being able to identify it. You're just spewing ? because you can't deny the evidence.

You can be quick to disprove other ? but not evolution. SMH.

@Vibe, Et al.

I think that in order to fully demolish your ? "evidence" I am gonna have to take down this piltdown man ? ...

This is what you posted....

fossil-hominid-skulls.jpg

In the age of Photoshop, do you want me to accept this image as concrete "evidence".... If so, you need to add some text (evidence) to back up its "proof of evolution"

Therefore, I suggested that you get the ? up out of here with that Piltdown man ? ...

I thought you caucasians were up on the slang....I didn't specifically say that one of the skulls that you posted was the Piltdown man....

I suggested that you were posting fraudulent ? , similar to your ancestors @Piltdown.... Therefore "FOH with that Piltdown man ? "......

piltdown_man.jpg

Can't slick talk and "ether" your way out of this one...

Go ahead and post your evidence for the skulls.......

And I will pretend that I did not drop a video a while back that demolished your theory of evolution
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Nothing in Christian tradition claims Christ was born on December 25th. The concept of celebrating a birthday is a pagan tradition from Germanic tribes. (The concept appears in other cultures as well) Instead December 25th was the date selection to have a Mass to celebrate Jesus' nativity (birth).
  • VIBE
    Cosign @Whar but the similarities are, besides the birth, are huge. Plus, most believers believe Jesus was born on Dec 25th anyways.
  • VIBE
    LOL @Vibe....

Typical you have no other argument other than discrepancies in the scriptures....

Where do non-believers begin to defend their story???
    VIBE wrote: »
    LOL @ labeling my image "Piltdown Man", and not being able to identify it. You're just spewing ? because you can't deny the evidence.

You can be quick to disprove other ? but not evolution. SMH.

@Vibe, Et al.

I think that in order to fully demolish your ? "evidence" I am gonna have to take down this piltdown man ? ...

This is what you posted....

fossil-hominid-skulls.jpg

In the age of Photoshop, do you want me to accept this image as concrete "evidence".... If so, you need to add some text (evidence) to back up its "proof of evolution"

Therefore, I suggested that you get the ? up out of here with that Piltdown man ? ...

I thought you caucasians were up on the slang....I didn't specifically say that one of the skulls that you posted was the Piltdown man....

I suggested that you were posting fraudulent ? , similar to your ancestors @Piltdown.... Therefore "FOH with that Piltdown man ? "......

piltdown_man.jpg

Can't slick talk and "ether" your way out of this one...

Go ahead and post your evidence for the skulls.......

And I will pretend that I did not drop a video a while back that demolished your theory of evolution

What does that have to do with THIS topic? We can keep that there, new topics can be made while other discussions are beig held in other topics.
  • bambu
    It has everything to do with your topic sir.....

That "ether" illustrates that you cannot "defend" your own story....

So it is a bit disingenuous to ask others to do what you cannot............
  • VIBE
    Hebrew/Christanity claims Jesus was all of ^ and yet before him others had the same stories, what makes Jesus' true over the other gods? (and there's more than just those 5)
  • bambu
    What makes you the "decider" of what an individuals truth is???????????
  • VIBE
    A story is a story, but if a story has come before another, and there's evidence to back it up (through finds of their culture, beliefs, written accounts etc) then am I not supposed to see to it it's the "truth"? Not that the story itself is actually true, but the truth that the story was written before a certain time. Numerous times, from different cultures/people.
  • bambu
    Again, What makes you the "decider" of what an individuals truth is???????????
  • VIBE
    What makes anyone the decider of what the truth is?

Stupid question tbh, I've stated my reasoning and again you're gonna keep saying the same ? .
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    There does exist remarkable similarities amongst Mediterranean gods. Birth by special circumstance is amazingly common. Impregnation by means others than sex is often repeated across pantheons.

Individuals do not possess 'truths'.

Individuals hold beliefs.

A belief is an idea one holds to be true.

The rationality of belief is free to be questioned.

Is it rational that Jesus was born of a ? ? No.

Is it rational I was made in ? 's image but I need to cut off my ? for him? No.

The morality of beliefs can be questioned.

Is it moral to accept the human sacrifice of Jesus so I may benefit? No.