SMDH, How are they going to take out John Williams Iconic Theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have to get this ? right , like someone said it's been long over due

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    All superhero movies should be dark and rated R. I wanna see Superman melt a ? with his eye lasers and punch a ? head off like Jason goes to Manhattan lol

Avengers wasn't dark at all, and that ? was trill as hell.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    The quality is not great, but here is the much better trailer they only showed at Comic Con and havent released to the public. Shows more of Sups...walking on clouds, quick glimpses of a fight, Lois Lane...etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnKCsW7IXLA

all the white people hootin and hollerin annoyed me but the ? look official. i might have to check this one out. i aint even bother to see that other one

• allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Have a feeling this movie will be ALOT better than Dark Knight Rises.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed allied
  • hood president
    hood president Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
    Their are 2 reasons superman movies come off as corny. one of the reasons is because they always make him some soft pretty boy. Funny thing is they don't do that with the cartoons.

Another reason is because they want us to believe that a superhero who doesn't wear any sort of mask can't get recognized. Smh. Hopefully Nolan fixes these things which I'm confident he will.
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    SMDH, How are they going to take out John Williams Iconic Theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g

It likely wouldn't have fit. Different movies, different interpretations. No different than expecting Nolan to use Elfman's Batman theme for his movies. That was the first mistake Returns made, holding on to the past. MOS is a reboot in every since of the word.

• angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Their are 2 reasons superman movies come off as corny. one of the reasons is because they always make him some soft pretty boy. Funny thing is they don't do that with the cartoons.

Actually they do... that's just who superman is that doesn't mean the story has to be cotton candy soft though...

Another reason is because they want us to believe that a superhero who doesn't wear any sort of mask can't get recognized. Smh. Hopefully Nolan fixes these things which I'm confident he will.

Hell naw... although i always thought it was stupid that no one knew superman was Clark Kent, why give superman a mask when he never wore one? that ? would cause more harm than good & he knows that too
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    @StillCoolBeans. John Williams only did the score for the 1st one, it's been different composers on the other films but they all kept the intro music. It's no different then James Bond using the same opening music. When you have an Iconic Theme, you use it. That theme has been used in 5 Superman films and 2 Television shows as well as in the Cartoon. It's apart of the DNA of Modern Day Superman. I understand they are starting it new but I don't see why even with a reboot it can't be used. Also "Superman Returns" problem was it was rehash of Superman 2, the Theme was the only good thing about it.
  • hood president
    [quote="hood president;4679112 Hell naw... although i always thought it was stupid that no one knew superman was Clark Kent, why give superman a mask when he never wore one? that ? would cause more harm than good & he knows that too

I didn't say give him a mask. I'm just saying if that Louis Lane(or anybody else who has seen Clark and Superman face to face) should be like "Wait a minute...Clark you're superman!" It seems stupid. Hopefully Nolan works his way AROUND it.
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited July 2012
    @StillCoolBeans. John Williams only did the score for the 1st one, it's been different composers on the other films but they all kept the intro music. It's no different then James Bond using the same opening music. When you have an Iconic Theme, you use it. That theme has been used in 5 Superman films and 2 Television shows as well as in the Cartoon. It's apart of the DNA of Modern Day Superman. I understand they are starting it new but I don't see why even with a reboot it can't be used. Also "Superman Returns" problem was it was rehash of Superman 2, the Theme was the only good thing about it.

All of those films were part of the same continuity in Donnerverse so of course they would keep the same theme. Smallville and Lois & Clark were extensions of Donnerverse in the sense they were heavily influenced by it. I'd argue that the theme is NOT a part of the modern day Superman. We have yet to even see a modern day Superman on film yet. Snyder, Nolan and Goyer approached the film as if there were no other Superman films in a effort distance it from anything before it. Why then would they reuse the theme that is instantly associated with an interpretation of the character they're trying to distance themselves from? Williams' score is iconic and will forever be a part of Supe's lore, but Superman existed before Donner and Williams and he'll continue to exist after. I think STAS did just fine without Williams theme...
  • angrymaninc
    [quote="hood president;4679112 Hell naw... although i always thought it was stupid that no one knew superman was Clark Kent, why give superman a mask when he never wore one? that ? would cause more harm than good & he knows that too

I didn't say give him a mask. I'm just saying if that Louis Lane(or anybody else who has seen Clark and Superman face to face) should be like "Wait a minute...Clark you're superman!" It seems stupid. Hopefully Nolan works his way AROUND it.

ok i see where you coming from... but even then i don't think that will change i think this is something they ? up in the original telling of the superman story and we will unfortunately have to live with cause superman has always been known that way and i don't see them messing up what we already know about superman
  • Still Cool Beans
    The thing that's not really taken into account when it comes to the disguise is we assume that everyone suspects Superman has a secret identity to begin with and that he's hiding amongst us. As far as they know Superman is Superman all the time. He doesn't wear a mask because seemingly he has nothing to hide, not even a secret identity. When you think about in that context it is more believable that one would not suspect a mild mannered Clark Kent to be a virtual ? .
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, at some point you just have to accept the lore and move on. These are all still comic book/fantasy movies at the end of the day.
  • hood president
    I guess yall right. Glad they got rid of the ? and hopefully they make this movie hard.
  • angrymaninc
    edited July 2012
    The thing that's not really taken into account when it comes to the disguise is we assume that everyone suspects Superman has a secret identity to begin with and that he's hiding amongst us. As far as they know Superman is Superman all the time. He doesn't wear a mask because seemingly he has nothing to hide, not even a secret identity. When you think about in that context it is more believable that one would not suspect a mild mannered Clark Kent to be a virtual ? .

Lol I can't remember what movie i saw this in... but this dude went on a narrative explaining why superman was his favorite superhero... He went on to say that every superhero had their secret identity their regular goverment identity and their alias which was when they put on their costume; but because superman is an alien trying to fit in his "mask" was really his clark kent alias and that his real identity was superman
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I wanna see Superman melt a ? with his eye lasers and punch a ? head off like Jason goes to Manhattan lol

lol you want a Miracleman film in other words

Alan Moore Miracleman film adaptation would be GOAT and borderline NC-17
    doesn't wear any sort of mask can't get recognized

No the worst is when they depict Supes to be BIG AS ? and then they show Clark Kent hella tall ass walkin around lookin like Brock Samson in a suit lol smh foh
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like it will be based on the darker Superman version that came out after Marvel got dark and made DC look soft.
  • texas409
    Lol Clark Kent should be huge as ? in actutual standards unless Superman could actually shrink his body mass when he want to go into Clark Kent mode
  • texas409
    Lol Clark Kent should be huge as ? in actutual standards unless Superman could actually shrink his body mass when he want to go into Clark Kent mode
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited July 2012

Lol I can't remember what movie i saw this in... but this dude went on a narrative explaining why superman was his favorite superhero... He went on to say that every superhero had their secret identity their regular goverment identity and their alias which was when they put on their costume; but because superman is an alien trying to fit in his "mask" was really his clark kent alias and that his real identity was superman

You're thinking bout Bill near the end of ? Bill Vol. 2. That was a GOAT monologue btw. One of my favorite scenes in either volume.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    superman is just corny point blank. hopefully this will be dope but it's just hard to watch a dude with all these powers being so lame. He was lame in them old ? with Christoper Reeves. Then those reboots were ? awful. I got faith in Nolan though.

I disagree with you on the first two Reeve films, they were great for their time. In terms of Superman as a character, there are plenty of dope Supes stories to draw from and put on film. From the looks of it, MOS seems to be drawing from All-Star Superman, Birthright and Superman for All Seasons amongst others for inspiration. All dope ass story arcs.

I meant just the character of superman was that of a lame. Not really that the overall movies were lame. I hope they put some dope stories in this movie.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess yall right. Glad they got rid of the ? and hopefully they make this movie hard.

nh

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pause