People are using the Movie Massacre as an abortion platform....disgusting.

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in The Social Lounge
THIS is the ? that's been going around on facebook...

[img]http://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/554918_10151947236540006_2114583633_n.jpg[/img]

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is ? and its inflammatory but that's what they are going for.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's not gonna stop there, this is an election year, you're gonna hear the question "so what are you going to do to keep us safe at the movie theaters?"
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited July 2012
    Options
    we still comparing fetuses to born persons in 2012?

i'd be offended as ? if someone i knew was on the wrong end of one of homie's guns & these idiots compared him/her to a non-sentient blob.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its supposed to offend. The truth usually does.

They are wrong to use the word "people" though. A fetus is in fact a human being (look it up before you deny it. I dont feel like doing a google search for the articles and all that ? . But any biologist worth a ? will tell you a fetus is a human being [as that is all it can be logically/physically/biologically])

A fetus is not a PERSON (which is a legal term) but rather a human being (because it is in a state of BEING...HUMAN). So abortion is in fact the killing/termination of a human life. Thats what the shooter did. That's what females who have abortions do. End.Human.Life. No way around it. No nice way to put it (i.e. termination of pregnancy, exercise of choice, doing what I want with my body) and all other ? euphemisms pro-abortionists use to excuse the killing of the unborn. Notice I did not use the word MURDER which is also a legal term.

The main reason people are pro-abortion and dont see this as the same issue is because a fetus doesnt have a story, name, personality, or anything that will allow those of us who have already been born to emotionally connect with them. Therefore when they are senselessly killed its easy to just say, "? em." Or just come up with some ? euphemism "it's my body!" "It's my choice!" to help you sleep at night even though when you're done screaming and hollering your ? you still Killed.A.HUman.Being.Senselessly. Just like the shooter did.

So like it or not they make a fair point. they just shouldnt continue to see a fetus as a "person." A fetus does not have rights according to the Constitution. You have to actually be BORN to be considered a person according to the Supreme Court.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone who is pro-abortion has already been born.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well, the massacre at the theater was still a choice too; and if you shoot up 12 people in a "Planned Parenthood" facility, that'd also be a massacre.

Oh wait, by "people" they mean "fetuses", "embryos", and "zygotes". In that case, the "senseless" part is subjective.

Other than that, I see nothing wrong with the killing of "parasitic" humans by "host" humans.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »

They are wrong to use the word "people" though. A fetus is in fact a human being (look it up before you deny it. I dont feel like doing a google search for the articles and all that ? . But any biologist worth a ? will tell you a fetus is a human being [as that is all it can be logically/physically/biologically])

A fetus is not a PERSON (which is a legal term) but rather a human being (because it is in a state of BEING...HUMAN). So abortion is in fact the killing/termination of a human life. Thats what the shooter did. That's what females who have abortions do. End.Human.Life. No way around it. No nice way to put it (i.e. termination of pregnancy, exercise of choice, doing what I want with my body) and all other ? euphemisms pro-abortionists use to excuse the killing of the unborn. Notice I did not use the word MURDER which is also a legal term.

The main reason people are pro-abortion and dont see this as the same issue is because a fetus doesnt have a story, name, personality, or anything that will allow those of us who have already been born to emotionally connect with them. Therefore when they are senselessly killed its easy to just say, "? em." Or just come up with some ? euphemism "it's my body!" "It's my choice!" to help you sleep at night even though when you're done screaming and hollering your ? you still Killed.A.HUman.Being.Senselessly. Just like the shooter did.

So like it or not they make a fair point. they just shouldnt continue to see a fetus as a "person." A fetus does not have rights according to the Constitution. You have to actually be BORN to be considered a person according to the Supreme Court.

The truth hurts those who choose to hide from it...This poster is no form of truth...

I'd agree that a foetus is a human being, but not that abortion is killin' human life...because its not alive...the shooter senselessly murdered 12 people...Hoes who have abortions make terribly difficult decisions before doin' so...nothin' 'senseless' about an abortion...
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Everyone who is pro-abortion has already been born.
    Pro-choice when you put in absolutism there it doesn't work. Its ? , ? , illness that the child knows nothing but pain but you don't want to hear that
  • DarcSkies
    Options

The truth hurts those who choose to hide from it...This poster is no form of truth...

I'd agree that a foetus is a human being, but not that abortion is killin' human life...because its not alive...the shooter senselessly murdered 12 people...Hoes who have abortions make terribly difficult decisions before doin' so...nothin' 'senseless' about an abortion...
    How is something with active cellular organic activity, still growing, still feeding off it's mother, still developing NOT ALIVE. Based on what logic? Its just your way of coping with the fact that if you admit a fetus is in fact alive (and it's pretty undeniable) then to condone the killing of said fetus equates to the ending of a human life which society has taught you is wrong. And who wants to be pro-killing right?

There is really no way to spin that a fetus is "dead;" which is essentially what you're implying by way of saying a fetus is not "alive."

There is no middle ground in life and death. The fetus is surely not in a coma *shrug*

Could you explain what you mean when you say "not alive?"

As for hoes who have abortions making terrible decisions before hand I'm sure all those who ? make terrible decisions before hand. Even the shooter had his home boobie trapped, etc. Killing innocent human beings is killing innocent human beings.

The only reason people think there's a big difference is they all have families, video tapes, pictures to make people like you feel sorry for them. A fetus just has an untra-sound that nobody but the abortionist and the Mother sees before vacuuming that ? out and chopping it up to be put in a bio contamination bag and burned (Easy to dismiss that which you do not see).

So I cant give any sympathy points to a killer just because the killer arrived at the decision to ? in a difficult fashion. THe end result is still an unnecessary death of a human being that did nothing to deserve being killed.
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    I guess I can see the comparison not hugely far fetched but it still doesn't sit well. Perhaps because it was one single human who killed 12 people. A fetus is alive of course but has had not breathed air, has not been born, has not ever made a choice, let alone a choice to live or die because they are not developed enough to even think or feel.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    if you're anti-abortion enough, everything becomes a platform to express that view. i am not sure if it works in the opposite direction
  • DarcSkies
    Options
    JJ 1975 wrote: »
    I guess I can see the comparison not hugely far fetched but it still doesn't sit well. Perhaps because it was one single human who killed 12 people. A fetus is alive of course but has had not breathed air, has not been born, has not ever made a choice, let alone a choice to live or die because they are not developed enough to even think or feel.

a one day old doesnt do much thinking either *shrug*

BUt that goes to my argument that people dont care about a fetus because a fetus doesnt have a story to tell or a history other than being a blob of tissue and underdeveloped bone. So people kind of dismiss it when one is killed.

But I know what you mean and you are right. We just seem to be coming to different conclusions as to whether it is acceptable to end the life of a human organism because said organism is not yet a "person" as society would classify personhood.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darxwell is making a lot of sense.

anyways, I'm going to stick to thread topic and avoid turning this into an pro-abortion v anti-abortion thread and say that regardless of whatever stance is right, comaparing abortion to this recent bit of tragic news is pretty shady and classless. The analogy doesn't even make that much sense to me imo. THe whole thing just isn't appropriate or respectful. It's not the right time to push an agenda. And an agenda that's already very controversial, to boot.

I'm not surprised though. I was expecting the NRA to do the same since it's about guns. PETA does the same thing too. All it does is turn a tragic moment into a circus. No shame?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How is something with active cellular organic activity, still growing, still feeding off it's mother, still developing NOT ALIVE. Based on what logic? Its just your way of coping with the fact that if you admit a fetus is in fact alive (and it's pretty undeniable) then to condone the killing of said fetus equates to the ending of a human life which society has taught you is wrong. And who wants to be pro-killing right?

There is really no way to spin that a fetus is "dead;" which is essentially what you're implying by way of saying a fetus is not "alive."

There is no middle ground in life and death. The fetus is surely not in a coma *shrug*

As for hoes who have abortions making terrible decisions before hand I'm sure all those who ? make terrible decisions before hand. Even the shooter had his home boobie trapped, etc. Killing innocent human beings is killing innocent human beings.

The only reason people think there's a big difference is they all have families, video tapes, pictures to make people like you feel sorry for them. A fetus just has an untra-sound that nobody but the abortionist and the Mother sees before vacuuming that ? out and chopping it up to be put in a bio contamination bag and burned (Easy to dismiss that which you do not see).

So I cant give any sympathy points to a killer just because the killer arrived at the decision to ? in a difficult fashion. THe end result is still an unnecessary death of a human being that did nothing to deserve being killed.

Its not sentient, self sustaining, able to survive without its host and doesn't have a heartbeat...therefore, it isn't alive...
  • janklow
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I'm not surprised though. I was expecting the NRA to do the same since it's about guns.
    this is really the kind of thing anti-gun groups turn into a circus

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its not sentient, self sustaining, able to survive without its host and doesn't have a heartbeat...therefore, it isn't alive...

the fetus often has a heartbeat when they are sucked out.

Also, partial birth abortions the baby comes out alive, and then gets its brain stem cut with a scissors so its pretty much a sentient being at that point.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If i ever meet someone who is against abortion but in favor of the death penalty i think i will die laughing.

On a side note, in order for something to be an organism doesn't it require the ability to reproduce? Babies can't reproduce so they are not organisms.

200px-Trollface.svg.png
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    I'm not surprised though. I was expecting the NRA to do the same since it's about guns.
    this is really the kind of thing anti-gun groups turn into a circus

Lol. You know, when I posted that, I was thinking about the time that the NRA did a pro-gun rally just 11 days after Columbine. I remember seeing that on Bowling for Columbine, and I thought that was shady and disrespectful too - a circus.

But I already knew that Michael Moore can't be trusted and that his movies are straight propaganda, so I looked that up, and it turns out that the NRA had actually scheduled that rally well before Columbine and because of law and short notice, they weren't able to change the date of their rally. They even cancelled a whole bunch of events and days for the rally, out of respect for the Columbine victims.

That damn Michael Moore and his propaganda. He sure as hell fooled me.
  • janklow
    edited July 2012
    Options
    i happen to think the KKK=NRA cartoon was just as egregious, but that might just be me
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    On a side note, in order for something to be an organism doesn't it require the ability to reproduce? Babies can't reproduce so they are not organisms.
    no, because this is like saying a woman who gets sterilized suddenly stops being an organism
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i happen to think the KKK=NRA cartoon was just as egregious, but that might just be me
    no, because this is like saying a woman who gets sterilized suddenly stops being an organism

Well she can not reproduce so....yeah, she aint no organism.

71077_108712361520_6033628_n.jpg
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think abortion is crazy though.Barbaric at it´s finest.AA are 16% of the population in the U.S and ya want to ? more black babies...? don´t add up.
  • ChromaStoned
    ChromaStoned Members Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Options
    killing 12 ppl there was a choice too
  • janklow
    Options
    Well she can not reproduce so....yeah, she aint no organism.
    i am just going to stare blankly at this post

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    barring horrible circumstances, id never let anyone i love get an abortion.

but if others want to, ? it.
  • DarcSkies
    Options

All living organisms use/feed off of other living organisms in order to survive. Name me some organisms on our advanced cellular level (mammalian, amphibian, or even viral and bacterial level) that IS self-sustaining...? Common Cold virus can not live without a host (but it is alive). A fawn can not live without Mother deer (but it is alive) etc etc u get where Im going. Hell a newborn human cant live without the Mother either, I guess it'll be OK for me to "abort" a 2 day old? Afterall it cant survive on its own and is thus dead so no harm no foul right? (This is according to your logic correct? Dependency
    = Death)
    As for a heartbeat being a sign of life. UM....trees dont have heartbeats either. Nobody would argue that a tree isnt alive. Of course you're talking more about mammalian creatures so lets stick to that. A heartbeat is NOT a per-requisite to life. Cellular growth + multiplication + activity on a metabolic level= Life

I guess you're not alive because you're dependent on other living organisms in order for you to survive right? So it's OK if I shoot you in the temple right? After all, "you cant survive without organisms called plants to make oxygen and organisms from wild life to make food." That's a random example stretching the literal meaning of a host but thats the point. You can use wordplay to excuse killing anytime. It's all sentiment man. If the fetus had a cute chubby little face for you to "awwww" at it would be a different story.

Even at the most basic cellular level (bacteria & viruses, etc) things are considered to be ALIVE. Could u please find me a credible source (somebody with a PhD from an accredited college/university) that says a fetus is not alive (although it continuously shows signs of life by way of growing internally using nutrients from its environment (u know...like all living things))

*shrug)