All Conspiracy Theorists are bound for Hell

Rock_Well
Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Revelation 21:8

all conspiracy theories are false, and all conspiracy theorists are liars. The above verse tells about what will happen to unrepentant liars.

It's several things wrong with conspiracy theories. And if you not careful you might find yourself a partaker in the wrong.

what i mean by a conspiracy theory? "explains an event as being the result of an alleged plot by a covert group or organization or, more broadly, the idea that important political, social or economic events are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public."
or
“a falsified version of history or current events that redirects an audience’s anger toward another group. The theory seeks to lay blame for a legitimate issue on a perceived common enemy.”

the blame is placed, but no real solution is offered.

The theories play on people fear of the unknown and their mistrust of those in authority over them. Most people have a tendency to doubt the intentions of those above them. It's easy to imagine our bosses and higher-ups plot against us. What the Bible says about bosses and masters:

"Servants, be in subjection to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward. 19For this is acceptable, if for conscience toward ? a man endureth griefs, suffering wrongfully. 1 Peter 2:18-19"
take a look here too:
"Let as many as are servants under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honor, that the name of ? and the doctrine be not blasphemed. And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but let them serve them the rather, because they that partake of the benefit are believing and beloved. These things teach and exhort." Timothy 6:1-2
^and if someone disagrees with this?^ Then this: "If any man teacheth a different doctrine, and consenteth not to sound words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is puffed up, knowing nothing, but doting about questionings and disputes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, wranglings of men corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, supposing that godliness is a way of gain. But godliness with contentment is great gain:Timothy 6:3-6

when it comes to government the same applies. Would you prefer Anarchy???
? says the purpose of our governments are for our own good. If you accept that police must exist to help enforce laws, then is it so hard to see that is part of the reason why governments exist?? "Be subject to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether to the king, as supreme; or unto governors, as sent by him for vengeance on evil-doers and for praise to them that do well. For so is the will of ? , that by well-doing ye should put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: as free, and not using your freedom for a cloak of wickedness, but as bondservants of ? . 1 Peter 2:13-16"
Of course there's a few bad apples in every bunch. We're dealing with men. But for the most part, people in governments are moral. Paul says pray for them - "I exhort therefore, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings, be made for all men; for kings and all that are in high place; that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and gravity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of ? our Saviour;" I Timothy 2:1-3. Leave the rest to ? that He may guide the hearts and minds of our leaders in a way that is in accordance with His will.

all the above is just the tip of the umbrella. shall we expand further?

Comments

• In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why they didn't tell us about the skeletons on the moon though?

Why don't they bring up the black pope in solomon's temple though?

Why did Bush knock down the towers though?

• In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are suffering from mass hypnosis. We are being hypnotized by politicians, teachers, lectures, the media. We are in a world that is being run by unbelievably corrupt and sick people.

The difference between what we are told is going on and what is actually going on. Is absolutely enormous.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's unfortunate, since many of the religious believe that unseen supernatural beings control and manipulate the world around us; such behavior qualifies as being a "conspiracy theorist".

A bit paradoxical.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing hell doesn't exist
  • Rock_Well
    edited July 2012

Have you stopped beating your mom?

What observable facts are the above presuppositions based on?
  • Rock_Well
    edited July 2012
    We are suffering from mass hypnosis. We are being hypnotized by politicians, teachers, lectures, the media. We are in a world that is being run by unbelievably corrupt and sick people.

The difference between what we are told is going on and what is actually going on. Is absolutely enormous.
    @bolded - now that the blame is artificially placed, where's the solution? Nowhere to be found because the real problem isn't addressed.

Like the Bible points out a person might choose to fear such things, but then turn around and forget the about One who rules over and controls all things? How silly is that make them look? “I, even I, am He who comforts you. Who are you that you should be afraid Of a man who will die, And of the son of a man who will be made like grass? And you forget the Lord your Maker, Who stretched out the heavens And laid the foundations of the earth;You have feared continually every day Because of the fury of the oppressor, When he has prepared to destroy. And where is the fury of the oppressor?" Isaiah 51:12–13
  • Rock_Well
    That's unfortunate, since many of the religious believe that unseen supernatural beings control and manipulate the world around us; such behavior qualifies as being a "conspiracy theorist".
    doesn't quite match the definitions given in the OP friend. My target are those who cause people to speak evil of other people speaking falsehoods, slandering them and putting them in a bad light based pretty much nothing.

And when it comes to religion, the Bible says that all other teaching different from the teaching Christ delivered to the apostles is false and those that perpetuate these beliefs are cursed - Galations 1:6-9: "I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ to another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel to you than that you have received, let him be accursed."
  • Rock_Well
    Good thing hell doesn't exist
    Oh it does....not here to try and prove that though
  • Gold_Certificate
    edited July 2012
    doesn't quite match the definitions given in the OP friend...
    This is basically the definition I am using:
    TXwDC.png

Under this definition, anyone who claims that supernatural beings control and manipulate the world around us would qualify as a "conspiracy theorist", unless they also claimed that they knew all of the thoughts/actions/plans of the supernatural beings.

So an example of these "conspiracy theorists" would be anyone who subscribes to the belief that "? works in mysterious ways".
  • Rock_Well
    edited July 2012
    Some of yall done fell for the The Conspiracy theorist okie dokes more than a few times. But notice how they don't have a thing to say when the sword of Truth is brought into the picture.

not enough of us present what the Bible speaks on this and so my aim in this thread is at least to give some of the uninformed opportunity to hear where the Bible stand regarding the Truth of the matter. So next time some theorist spit that nonsense at you, hopefully some of these scriptures stick.

What else is wrong with conspiracy theories?

They stir up strife and slander ppl and in the process cause people to speak evil of others. Peter says put away with that 1 Peter 2:1–3"Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious."
    Notice here:
    "Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. For “He who would love life
    And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit. Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
    1 Peter 3:8-12

This does not mean we don't speak out against the sin and wickedness in the world. This means you don't go around passing on rumors and further spreading lies and being unfair in our dealings of finding of fault in others! This is nothing but a distraction. The real issue is that sin exists and Satan exists. You can't expect to fight against such an enemy without the sword of Truth on your side. you going to war with the wrong weapons.

more of what's wrong with these theories:
    I probably said this already but, conspiracy theories also propagate fear. and this is violation of Isaiah 8:12 - “Do not say, ‘A conspiracy,’ Concerning all that this people call a conspiracy, Nor be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled."
    We told not to fear men - Luke 12:4 “And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who ? the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
    ? promises to uphold the believers - Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your ? . I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand"

These theories play on fear of the unknown in some ways similar to the ways of false teachers. Notice the following: "and especially fthose who walk according to the flesh in the ? of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries, whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord. Depravity of False Teachers But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption," 2 Peter 2:10-12

The Bible even reveals some of the motives behind those who push these theories but i don't even wanna get that deep in the game yet.

where are the theorists at now? If you reading this and find yourself to be in err on any of these points out of ignorance, why not repent?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited July 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread brother @solid analysis.....

I agree with you.... these ? should repent for their ignorance........

HOTEP......
  • Rock_Well
    TXwDC.png

Under this definition, anyone who claims that supernatural beings control and manipulate the world around us would qualify as a "conspiracy theorist", unless they also claimed that they knew all of the thoughts/actions/plans of the supernatural beings.

So an example of these "conspiracy theorists" would be anyone who subscribes to the belief that "? works in mysterious ways".
    The Bible tells us to speak as oracles of ? . so any time someone use ? name to speak on spiritual thing my question is always 'How much of what the person is saying is supported by ? 's word?' in the Bible those who speak presumptuously and don't bother to support their speech with facts (as an Oracle of ? would) are condemned.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Gold_Certificate
    TXwDC.png

The Bible tells us to speak as oracles of ? . so any time someone use ? name to speak on spiritual thing my question is always 'How much of what the person is saying is supported by ? 's word?' in the Bible those who speak presumptuously and don't bother to support their speech with facts (as an Oracle of ? would) are condemned.
    This does nothing to change the definition of a "conspiracy theorist".

You've said that "All Conspiracy Theorists are bound for Hell". Do you include the religious who meet the aforementioned criteria in this universal statement?

Because that would mean people who subscribe to the belief that "? works in mysterious ways" are also "bound for Hell".
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

A bit paradoxical.

Well that tell you how stupid those people are because the scripture says no such thing, man have free will. The laws of cause and effect

• Gold_Certificate
    waterproof wrote: »

A bit paradoxical.

Well that tell you how stupid those people are because the scripture says no such thing, man have free will. The laws of cause and effect
    Surely there are certain things that are credited to some form of supernatural being by whichever religious text you use?
  • [Deleted User]
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator

look, i think Vinnie Paz makes cool records, but i hope no one is taking him SERIOUSLY
  • Rock_Well
    edited July 2012
    @Thulsa - my aim isn't to e-convert anyone I merely aim to plant a seed. Somebody else from the faith can water it. And ? will bring the increase, not me. plus im not Mormon. Im a child if ? by faith in Christ. A Mormon creed of faith is outlined in the book of Mormon which comes from men. A child of ? faith lies in the word of ? which the Holy Spirit revealed to all of us for our own good. Why the hostility?
  • Rock_Well
    edited July 2012
    @bambu i appreciate that bro. I figure it's time we shed some light on the erroneous ways of these types.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen and Amen. What great edification you provided for my soul brother Solid. Keep preaching the word! Hallelujah!
  • Rock_Well
    edited July 2012
    TXwDC.png

This does nothing to change the definition of a "conspiracy theorist".

You've said that "All Conspiracy Theorists are bound for Hell". Do you include the religious who meet the aforementioned criteria in this universal statement?

Because that would mean people who subscribe to the belief that "? works in mysterious ways" are also "bound for Hell".
    The answer would be yes in a particular circumstance where the person goes too far to the point it becomes lying and continually does it. the Bible teaches that ? is active in the world, but that don't necessarily mean men can detect when and where. People still try to detect Him all the time. Like when Katrina happened, there were ppl saying this was a judgement from ? . But how we know Katrina wasn't just time and chance? Or how do we know if men were behind it or not? Or how do we know the only thing ? did in this event was 'arrange' for the levees to break? In the end we just guessing. It's not about that anyway, it's about coming to the aid of those who need help, regardless of all the behind the scenes activity we don't know about. Ppl may believe ? to be behind a given event, but the Truth is, outside of what ? has already decided to speak on, we can't be too sure if He was directly involved in said event or not. This type you mention would be in danger and jeopardizing their souls if they go too far in imposing these beliefs on others as requirement for them to accept when it isn't factual or when ? didn't actualy say so Himself. So, again the answer would be "yes" in some cases. Esp the ones where the person continue to do this even after being showed the scriptures say to not do it.
  • Rock_Well
    edited July 2012
    @ DoU - it's been a while since i seen your posts. thnx tho i can't rly take credit i mentor with another brother who's well taught and laced me up on a lot of this.