All Conspiracy Theorists are bound for Hell

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's amazing to me. how people can pick which verses in the Bible they'll believe but reject others on no other criteria than it doesn't match their personal preconceptions or it doesn't offer what they want. be a REAL nig a ride for ALL the scripts. TAKE A STAND.

Because some things I agree with and some things I don't. I'm not a sheep -- I don't just accept whatever is handed to me.

• Bodhi

Regarding Jesus, He cosigned all the OT prophets and fulfilled some of their prophecies. Jesus cosigned the Apostles. Everyone Jesus cosigned the message of what was being taught is basically a check in Jesus name that you can take to the spiritual bank and cash. Jesus said ALL of ? 's words are truth. I mean even on that point alone is enough because that means you would have to accept the Bible as a whole if you agree with Jesus teachings...and when you take into account everything else He did for us, what is it that you can say you got on Jesus that is reason to conclude that it's safe to just ignore everything He stood for and not try to live how He would want us to? Or what reason is there to reject the rest of what the Bible teaches?

I hold Jesus no higher than I do anyone else I've encountered. Just because Jesus said it, doesn't mean I'm going to believe it. Keep in mind, I'm not a Christian.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited August 2012
    @jaded most
    beenwize wrote: »
    ? Bible thumper mad cuz your king james VERSION Bible is not the only scriptures, Lol
    see? this post came straight from the heart

You right that post came from the heart.. no such doctrine of burning in a eternal hell was taught in the Old Testament for the millions of ppl that lived during that time so
    therefore your doctrine of hell does not even agree with your king James version bible. Your doctrine of hell was created for the weak minded to make them slaves to a religion and incapable to think for themselves..

The scriptures are even inconsistent as one says blood is REQUIRED for the remission of sins yet the other seems to indicate being against blood and burnt offerings.

Isaiah 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?

Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations--I cannot bear your evil assemblies.

Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide my eyes from you: yea, when you make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

Hebrews 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 'theory' that all, bad, evil and hate is the 'devil' is at least based on a true story.

That is not a true story. All bad, evil and hate stems from the minds of sentient beings who can determine what events, happenings, or doings are least desirable and most desirable to their well being.That is the true story.
    ok, you say 'stems from the mind' (of humans) right? now watch this:

"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander." (Matthew 15:19)
    so is NOT the above verse true?

In the Bible, 'heart' = spirit
    They don't use the word 'spirit' in Science, they use 'mind' and 'consciousness'.

all refer to the same thing tho.

but where u say 'beings who can determine what events, happenings, or doing are least desirable and most desirable to their well being' the Bible says men can't do that. but are you going to tell me the following verses are NOT true: "I know, O LORD, that a man’s way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps." Jeremiah 10:23
    "A man's heart deviseth his way; But the LORD directeth his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)

"Every man's way is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts." (Proverbs 21:2)

And if rejecting the above truth that men don't have the ability to determine on their own what path is best, then what do you have on Jesus words? Everyone knows Jesus drew some pretty hard lines concerning what path to take in terms of good and evil. But of course you might say Jesus words are false. How do we rationalize this?
    And don't say all religion are 'truths' because this is self-ethering by nature and would mean that no truth exists. which is probably one of the single most deadliest of lies a man can eat.

Yeah I would have to disagree with that: a man's way is in himself; but I agree with the statement that it isn't in a man who walks to direct his steps. I don't believe any of the proverbs verses because I don't believe in the "LORD"

What words of Jesus' do you want me to comment on? One thing I agree with in the Bible is that we know "good" and "evil" by it's fruits. Whatever, IMO, causes suffering is evil, but again, the nature and minds of sentient beings determine what suffering is.

I don't think that all religions are true completely but all of them have some truth in them.
    that's amazing to me. how people can pick which verses in the Bible they'll believe but reject others on no other criteria than it doesn't match their personal preconceptions or it doesn't offer what they want. be a REAL nig a ride for ALL the scripts. TAKE A STAND.

but no one likes to admit they may be wrong right?
    so might as well continue defending the initial judgments you made before the Bible came along and taught that in order to make it toe Heaven you might have to change your beliefs.

Regarding Jesus, He cosigned all the OT prophets and fulfilled some of their prophecies. Jesus cosigned the Apostles. Everyone Jesus cosigned the message of what was being taught is basically a check in Jesus name that you can take to the spiritual bank and cash. Jesus said ALL of ? 's words are truth. I mean even on that point alone is enough because that means you would have to accept the Bible as a whole if you agree with Jesus teachings...and when you take into account everything else He did for us, what is it that you can say you got on Jesus that is reason to conclude that it's safe to just ignore everything He stood for and not try to live how He would want us to? Or what reason is there to reject the rest of what the Bible teaches?

Word? So you follow all of Leviticus 19?
  • beenwize
    edited August 2012
    A 'theory' that all, bad, evil and hate is the 'devil' is at least based on a true story.

That is not a true story. All bad, evil and hate stems from the minds of sentient beings who can determine what events, happenings, or doings are least desirable and most desirable to their well being.That is the true story.
    ok, you say 'stems from the mind' (of humans) right? now watch this:

"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander." (Matthew 15:19)
    so is NOT the above verse true?

In the Bible, 'heart' = spirit
    They don't use the word 'spirit' in Science, they use 'mind' and 'consciousness'.

all refer to the same thing tho.

but where u say 'beings who can determine what events, happenings, or doing are least desirable and most desirable to their well being' the Bible says men can't do that. but are you going to tell me the following verses are NOT true: "I know, O LORD, that a man’s way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps." Jeremiah 10:23
    "A man's heart deviseth his way; But the LORD directeth his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)

"Every man's way is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts." (Proverbs 21:2)

And if rejecting the above truth that men don't have the ability to determine on their own what path is best, then what do you have on Jesus words? Everyone knows Jesus drew some pretty hard lines concerning what path to take in terms of good and evil. But of course you might say Jesus words are false. How do we rationalize this?
    And don't say all religion are 'truths' because this is self-ethering by nature and would mean that no truth exists. which is probably one of the single most deadliest of lies a man can eat.

Yeah I would have to disagree with that: a man's way is in himself; but I agree with the statement that it isn't in a man who walks to direct his steps. I don't believe any of the proverbs verses because I don't believe in the "LORD"

What words of Jesus' do you want me to comment on? One thing I agree with in the Bible is that we know "good" and "evil" by it's fruits. Whatever, IMO, causes suffering is evil, but again, the nature and minds of sentient beings determine what suffering is.

I don't think that all religions are true completely but all of them have some truth in them.

but no one likes to admit they may be wrong right?
    so might as well continue defending the initial judgments you made before the Bible came along and taught that in order to make it toe Heaven you might have to change your beliefs.

You say Jesus cosigned all of the Old Testament? Lol and did you also forget your Bible was revised, compiled, and published by the same ppl that are supposed to have crucified Jesus? Only a ? would believe they did not alter the Bible at all. And if Jesus is suppose to be the central theme of the Bible through his death for the sins of the world after he was beaten and crucified then what is the purpose of the Old Testament ? constantly denying any form of a savior other than himself? Does he only want worship for himself? What exactly is the purpose of saying no other savior is besides me if the only other savior the Bible teaches of is Jesus? Kinda sound like the same entity that approached Jesus for worship on the mountain to me.

If Jesus died for the sins of the entire world then you would think it would say Jesus is a savior besides me rather than say there is no savior besides me.

Isaiah 43:11
    I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    @jaded most
    ? Bible thumper mad cuz your king james VERSION Bible is not the only scriptures, Lol
    see? this post came straight from the heart

You right that post came from the heart.. no such doctrine of burning in a eternal hell was taught in the Old Testament for the millions of ppl that lived during that time so
    therefore your doctrine of hell does not even agree with your king James version bible. Your doctrine of hell was created for the weak minded to make them slaves to a religion and incapable to think for themselves..

The scriptures are even inconsistent as one says blood is REQUIRED for the remission of sins yet the other seems to indicate being against blood and burnt offerings.

Isaiah 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?

Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations--I cannot bear your evil assemblies.

Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide my eyes from you: yea, when you make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

Hebrews 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins

xD foreal? if you back up to the beginning of the chapter where you ripped Isaiah 1:11-15 out it's context, you'll realize that you gotta be trollin yourself to believe that's a contradiction with Hebrews 9:22. The two passages make completely different points.
  • Rock_Well
    VIBE wrote: »
    not sure what you getting at...
  • beenwize
    Isiah 1:11 ask the question what is the purpose of your sacrifice to ime yet in other areas of the Bible it says without shedding blood their is NO remission of sins... So if shedding blood is REQUIRED to forgive sins then why is the question being asked in Isiah 1:11?

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.
  • Rock_Well
    edited August 2012
    You say Jesus cosigned all of the Old Testament? Lol and did you also forget your Bible was revised, compiled, and published by the same ppl that are supposed to have crucified Jesus? Only a ? would believe they did not alter the Bible at all.
    You started off in the wrong direction the moment you chose to believe mere men can distort and alter the word of a sovereign ? . But then again you don't stand for truth, so you open yourself to all sorts of lies of men. As it's written, ? be true and all men liars. And the above is a lie. All who believe the lie and all unrepentant liars headed to Hell. ? has no desire for men to destroy themselves. Why not repent?
    And if Jesus is suppose to be the central theme of the Bible through his death for the sins of the world after he was beaten and crucified then what is the purpose of the Old Testament ? constantly denying any form of a savior other than himself? Does he only want worship for himself? What exactly is the purpose of saying no other savior is besides me if the only other savior the Bible teaches of is Jesus? Kinda sound like the same entity that approached Jesus for worship on the mountain to me.

If Jesus died for the sins of the entire world then you would think it would say Jesus is a savior besides me rather than say there is no savior besides me.

Jesus is a spirit. Jesus is the author and finisher of Christian Faith. Part of this implies He authored the Old Testament as well. The fact that the Bible refers to Jesus as being the savior implies that Jesus is ? . Wow! So where is the contradiction besides just in your own head? How is it so hard to put that together?
  • Rock_Well
    edited August 2012
    Isiah 1:11 ask the question what is the purpose of your sacrifice to ime yet in other areas of the Bible it says without shedding blood their is NO remission of sins... So if shedding blood is REQUIRED to forgive sins then why is the question being asked in Isiah 1:11?
    But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. (1 Samuel 15:22)
    The point is to not put yourself in a place where you need to do so many sacrifices in the first place. It's like credit card debt. Don't get credit card after credit card, just stopped putting yourself in debt in the first place!

See, the problem with the sacrifices mentioned in Isaiah 1:11 is that ppl were using them as a way to 'pay' for their sins....like they have some kind of sinning license. That's why ? found their sacrifices to be an abomination. The lesson here still applies to a Christian now but in a different manner.

And also part of the reason why ppl in the Old Testament even have forgiveness of sins is because of Jesus sacrifice and their obedience to ? 's word. The forgiveness is IN Christ. The blood of JESUS washes away sins. And also obeying the word of ? saves people from condemnation.
  • beenwize
    But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. (1 Samuel 15:22)
    The point is to not put yourself in a place where you need to do so many sacrifices in the first place. It's like credit card debt. Don't get credit card after credit card, just stopped putting yourself in debt in the first place!

See, the problem with the sacrifices mentioned in Isaiah 1:11 is that ppl were using them as a way to 'pay' for their sins....like they have some kind of sinning license. That's why ? found their sacrifices to be an abomination. The lesson here still applies to a Christian now but in a different manner.

And also part of the reason why ppl in the Old Testament even have forgiveness of sins is because of Jesus sacrifice and their obedience to ? 's word. The forgiveness is IN Christ. The blood of JESUS washes away sins. And also obeying the word of ? saves people from condemnation.

Except the question below was asked in Isaiah 1:1

^ the question is asked who required them to sacrifice.. well does not Hebrews 9:22 and Leviticus 17:11 state sacrifice is REQUIRED?
  • Rock_Well
    That's not the reason WHY ? asks that. I challenge you provide the whole context from the beginning of Isaiah down to verse 11 and explain or show why ? asks that....if you can lol.
  • VIBE

You said people cherry pick the bible, that they should full it to a T. I'm asking if you follow Lev 19? All of gods laws.
  • VIBE
    Or some *shrugs*
  • beenwize
    That's not the reason WHY ? asks that. I challenge you provide the whole context from the beginning of Isaiah down to verse 11 and explain or show why ? asks that....if you can lol.

I already disproved your theory.. Now you want to laugh it off. Lol
  • beenwize
    You say Jesus cosigned all of the Old Testament? Lol and did you also forget your Bible was revised, compiled, and published by the same ppl that are supposed to have crucified Jesus? Only a ? would believe they did not alter the Bible at all.
    You started off in the wrong direction the moment you chose to believe mere men can distort and alter the word of a sovereign ? . But then again you don't stand for truth, so you open yourself to all sorts of lies of men. As it's written, ? be true and all men liars. And the above is a lie. All who believe the lie and all unrepentant liars headed to Hell. ? has no desire for men to destroy themselves. Why not repent?
    And if Jesus is suppose to be the central theme of the Bible through his death for the sins of the world after he was beaten and crucified then what is the purpose of the Old Testament ? constantly denying any form of a savior other than himself? Does he only want worship for himself? What exactly is the purpose of saying no other savior is besides me if the only other savior the Bible teaches of is Jesus? Kinda sound like the same entity that approached Jesus for worship on the mountain to me.

Jesus is a spirit. Jesus is the author and finisher of Christian Faith. Part of this implies He authored the Old Testament as well. The fact that the Bible refers to Jesus as being the savior implies that Jesus is ? . Wow! So where is the contradiction besides just in your own head? How is it so hard to put that together?

So are you saying Jesus and Yahweh are the SAME entity? You would have to say that because throughout the Old Testament they did not recognize or teach of two entities being ? .

1 Chronicles 17:20
    O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any ? beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

1 Samuel 2:2
    There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our ? .

• Rock_Well
    edited August 2012

You said people cherry pick the bible, that they should full it to a T. I'm asking if you follow Lev 19? All of gods laws.
    actually i said they pick and choose what they accept as true. i never made a point about how much they actually try to follow. one can accept the Bible as all ? 's word and the truth but that still dont mean they follow it all of it. And whether a person fulfills all the commands is not a question of going to Old Testament law, thought you know better than that. :/
  • Rock_Well
    edited August 2012

I already disproved your theory.. Now you want to laugh it off. Lol
    ....this dood..

asking you to explain yourself because i don't understand what your saying. why not even bother to stand by what you speak on? You didn't prove a thing. Pull out the context and show how it implies what you say it does, cause you not making sense right now.

• Rock_Well
    edited August 2012
    So are you saying Jesus and Yahweh are the SAME entity? You would have to say that because throughout the Old Testament they did not recognize or teach of two entities being ? .

1 Chronicles 17:20
    O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any ? beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

1 Samuel 2:2
    There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our ? .

No, the Father and Son are two different beings. They are still both ? , as far as authority goes even though the Father has more authority.
  • VIBE

actually i said they pick and choose what they accept as true. i never made a point about how much they actually try to follow. one can accept the Bible as all ? 's word and the truth but that still dont mean they follow it all of it. And whether a person fulfills all the commands is not a question of going to Old Testament law, thought you know better than that. :/

How can one see that everything is true, believe in it but still not follow it all?
  • Rock_Well

How can one see that everything is true, believe in it but still not follow it all?
    The same way a person can be a hearer, but not a doer of ? 's word.

But even hearing the Word is a skill that must be learned.

• VIBE
    That makes no sense. If one truly believes in gods word, then one would FOLLOW gods word. How can one truly believe yet just cherry pick some laws to follow and completely ignore the other laws? What about priests who cut their hair and beards? Has it not been said that they shouldn't?

What about mating two different animals? It says NOT to do this. (racist btw). What about those who plant their fields with two different kinds of seeds? They're not supposed to do this either. Eating ? meats, wearing two different kinds of woven materials are also a no-no. Why do you think no one follows them?

Also, I've always found "understanding gods word" a bit silly. Why does one need to "pray" to understand something they've read? Reading comprehension isn't so hard, even atheists who debate can do this without "praying" and they ether the ? out of pastors who have been "praying for understanding" for years.
  • Rock_Well
    edited August 2012
    That makes no sense. If one truly believes in gods word, then one would FOLLOW gods word. How can one truly believe yet just cherry pick some laws to follow and completely ignore the other laws? What about priests who cut their hair and beards? Has it not been said that they shouldn't?
    a person with the faith of demons...they believe but have no works.

who in their right mind would go to the Old Testament to bind law where the New Testament law DOESN'T bind it? This only demonstrate your lack of knowledge on Biblical doctrine. The OT does not offer a means of salvation..following OT instead of the law of Christ is spiritual suicide.
    What about mating two different animals? It says NOT to do this. (racist btw).
    I'll have to call your hand on that one...you obviously misunderstood something. The Bible is against racism, we have Biblical examples of ? striking someone with leprosy because of a similar sin as racism.
    What about those who plant their fields with two different kinds of seeds? They're not supposed to do this either. Eating ? meats, wearing two different kinds of woven materials are also a no-no. Why do you think no one follows them?
    You referring to OT law. If you personally choose to follow OT law that's you, but you have no right to bind it upon followers of Christ.
    Also, I've always found "understanding gods word" a bit silly. Why does one need to "pray" to understand something they've read? Reading comprehension isn't so hard, even atheists who debate can do this without "praying" and they ether the ? out of pastors who have been "praying for understanding" for years.
    Where does the Bible say to pray to understand the written word? Pauls says when we READ we can come to the wisdom of ? . Some areas are harder to understand than others, yes. Other areas, like Revelation, if you not Christian, you just won't be able to understand.
  • VIBE
    a person with the faith of demons...they believe but have no works.

I guess so lol
    who in their right mind would go to the Old Testament to bind law where the New Testament law DOESN'T bind it? This only demonstrate your lack of knowledge on Biblical doctrine. The OT does not offer a means of salvation..following OT instead of the law of Christ is spiritual suicide

Why is the Old Testaments laws change? Aren't the 10 Commandments apart of the Old Testament? They seem to have weeded out (changed) to only be left with 10. How come? Sure you'll say "Jesus died for our sins" type of stuff, and I realize that it's cool they do away with the "sacrifices for sin" thing. Why were the other things changed?

I'll have to call your hand on that one...you obviously misunderstood something. The Bible is against racism, we have Biblical examples of ? striking someone with leprosy because of a similar sin as racism.

Quote? I've heard though, this leprosy was basically a skin turning white type of thing, even seen scripture provided proving this. I forget the exact passages though, but considering that, isn't that racism in itself? Cursing someone to be different, white instead of dark?
    Where does the Bible say to pray to understand the written word? Pauls says when we READ we can come to the wisdom of ? . Some areas are harder to understand than others, yes. Other areas, like Revelation, if you not Christian, you just won't be able to understand.

Where did I say the bible said that? I say that because all Christians state this, "OH! You're an atheist, you need to read the bible in context and pray for wisdom and understanding". It seems that without some magical wisdom and understanding, you won't understand the bible. Why is that? Whether it's prayed for or brought to you by ? through reading, why? Reading is reading, comprehending is comprehending. If you do not understand a book like I do, besides the bible, do I say you need wisdom and understanding from Mark Twain? I think that's a cheesy cop-out in saying, "Well, I don't have a good rebuttal, so instead, you don't understand the bible!". It doesn't take some magical understanding man.
  • Bodhi
    thats the problem with Christians. They pick and choose what they want to follow and then act holier than thou. They want their ? to be convenient to their current lifestyle