Current NFL players that could be GOAT at their position?

Options

Comments

• DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Projecting for guys like Rodgers, Willis, Calvin Johnson, (Jason Pierre Paul-wtf) etc is just plain silly

A better topic would be GOATs/All-timers who are still playing- Ray, Ed, Brady, Manning...thats basically it.

It's not silly, it's fun actually cause we can look back in 5 years or so and see who still playing at a high level...it's fun projecting....

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Projecting for guys like Rodgers, Willis, Calvin Johnson, (Jason Pierre Paul-wtf) etc is just plain silly

A better topic would be GOATs/All-timers who are still playing- Ray, Ed, Brady, Manning...thats basically it.

It's not silly, it's fun actually cause we can look back in 5 years or so and see who still playing at a high level...it's fun projecting....

fun, yes. But putting Newton in the same breath as Manning, or saying Jason Pierre Paul can be better than Deacon Jones, Reggie White, etc? Ehh...maybe its just me
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    lol @ thinking all the possible "goats" play in the same era. Even if you live to be 80 you only gonna see maybe 5 GOATS (in different positions) period. All sports combined.

you just mad aint gonna be no GOAT falcons. lol but you do make alotta sense though

0.jpg

You're welcome.

*coughs*

er, Deion was a Redskin too haha
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ thinking all the possible "goats" play in the same era. Even if you live to be 80 you only gonna see maybe 5 GOATS (in different positions) period. All sports combined.

you just mad aint gonna be no GOAT falcons. lol but you do make alotta sense though

0.jpg

You're welcome.

*coughs*

and a raven, so we got 4 GOATs...cuz u have to add in shannon sharpe lol
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

0.jpg

You're welcome.

*coughs*

He was drafted by the falcons tho and played with the niners, cowboys, redskins, and ravens....so other fans can have them on their goat status if he played for their team
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about young players who could be GOAT at their positions, but I am surprized no one mentioned Von Miller linebacker.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who gives a ? about blocking in this passing league.

And if he so good at blocking how come they was bottom 5 in rushing.

Jimmy played football for 3years of life 1 year at The U and 2 for the Saints compared to Gronk. He just learning how to play.

Jimmy > Gronk
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gates the GOAT TE rightnow.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Gates the GOAT TE rightnow.

GONZALEZ.gif

Gates is 2nd right now tho
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are really stupid tho you can't be a goat if you didnt revolutionize the position and/or the sport.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @en-fuego22 how did Jerry rice or joe Montana revolution their positions?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Jim Brown mentions
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim tebrow if he stayed with denver
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DE - Jason Pierre Paul - Has potential to be the best DE ever. Size, speed, personality, work ethic, etc. Unstoppable force that has everything needed to be the GOAT DE.

something about this ? name and native culture that screams GOAT .
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P.Willis is a great player but when its all said and done Ray Lewis is the GOAT LB
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm trying to decide if I can argue LT being better than Ray Lewis @ LB

*Lights a doobie & thinks*
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @evoljeanyes....dont ask fuego questions he cant give a proper answer too....he considered a wr as a rb in one thread so he dont know
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm trying to decide if I can argue LT being better than Ray Lewis @ LB

*Lights a doobie & thinks*

nope you cant. LT was a BEAST but he really was just a blitzing LB, while RAY is the definition of complete. He is the only player in NFL history to have 35 career sacks and 35 career Interceptions.....the ONLY ONE EVER........

your welcome!!
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    I thought this thread was going to be about young players who could be GOAT at their positions, but I am surprized no one mentioned Von Miller linebacker.

To be honest I haven't seen enough Broncos games to see Miller in action. I watched the 2 games they played vs. the Patriots, and the Steelers game. He didn't really jump out to me.

Shizlansky wrote: »
    Who gives a ? about blocking in this passing league.

And if he so good at blocking how come they was bottom 5 in rushing.

Jimmy played football for 3years of life 1 year at The U and 2 for the Saints compared to Gronk. He just learning how to play.

Jimmy > Gronk

Gronk had 6 more TD's than Graham last year... and more receiving yards. Plus he's a better blocker.

Gronk > Graham

Logic > Saints Fans
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @vageneral22 lol, his logic was poor, I would say.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @vageneral08 my bad above post was supposed to be at you homie
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vernon Davis>>>>Gronk and Graham

Peyton Manning is the Greatest QB to ever play the game already
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @en-fuego22 how did Jerry rice or joe Montana revolution their positions?

You can revolutionize to position and/or sport by making it more popular and you as a player being the face at that position which everyone is judge by.

revolutionize-To bring about a radical change. You don't think Jerry brought change to the WR postion . He put up numbers on a yearly basics that were unmatched.

Joe Montana isnt the goat anyway so wtf you talking about

I'll do you one better tho since my logical is off

Look at all the sports in the world. You'll see players at that particular sport or position that is consider the goat who did things that hasn't happen before . Soccer You have Pele, Hockey=Wayne, B-ball=Jordan, Baseball=Ruth and various other position. I can keep going but I hope you got the idea of what I was saying
    @evoljeanyes....dont ask fuego questions he cant give a proper answer too....he considered a wr as a rb in one thread so he dont know

Proof?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @coop
    You mention Payton/ Sanders but no Emmitt?

But to answer the topic I only see Peyton and Ed Reed...