Current NFL players that could be GOAT at their position?

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Lol so now Nnamdi a better one on one coverage person even though pretty much all Revis does is one on one coverage.
    due to your low post count...i wont give serious response but ?
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a low post count because I was part of an exodus of ppl that went to another site for better discussion years back.

Based on countless footage of Nnamdi getting burnt I'm gonna have to tell you ? .

I remember when ppl used to say Nnamdi was better than Revis & defended him by saying since he played for the Raiderd on the West Coast us on the East Coast didn't have enough of a sample size to judge him appropriately.

But as a Giants fan I witnessed enough of his overratedness last year to say that he isn't in Revis' class.

Revis has played numerous years in the league but all anyone can ever say is "Stevie Johnson" or point out one Randy Moss play.

Don't get me wrong Nnamdi is great but he's not seeing Revis.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Smh this ? still dont get it.....Nnamdi got beat more than a couple times dont try to make it seem less than it really was.....just because was an incompletion pass doesnt mean it was because of the corner the qb ? up too like overthrowing the ball or under throw

Does KD get points for almost making a shot that rims out ?

FOH ?

Your argument had been deaded....take that L and stroll with it

wtf? the bolded makes no sense you try to backtrack and you ? up get over it man....prime time known for picking ? off or smacking the ball away?
  • vageneral08
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    I didn't see any L's handed. Nnamdi got exposed like a ? last year. There's a reason not even the analysts dispute Revis being the #1 corner in the league after last season.

exactly this ? talking about some of he didnt give up that many yards....ok what does he have to show for it? nothing! Nnmadi was never a great man coverage cb he's more into zone coverage he uses his height and long arms to his advantage but as far as one on one he's not as big as a threat
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Revis is good he has a safety helping though!
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nnamdi doesn't ever play zone
    Hence the tough transition last season. He is statistically better than Revis. By the way Chad Johnson is going to show out this year!
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Revis is good he has a safety helping though!

Who DOESNT have a safety on the defensive side...it still doesnt take away from what he does
  • (ob)Scene
    Options
    That safety help stuff is way overstated too bcuz the safety is almost always cheating the side opposite Revis.
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Nnamdi doesn't ever play zone
    Hence the tough transition last season. He is statistically better than Revis. By the way Chad Johnson is going to show out this year!

Yes he did when he was with oakland
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    ^^^co-sign, Reggie Wayne LOL, this era GOAT WR are Moss and TO....end of story
    Reggie Wayne isn't gonna go down as GOAT WR of all time. But he could be up there. Probably end up ahead of Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson.

????

Reggie Waynes career is almost over, and he's pretty much an after thought.

Might not even make the HOF.... never mind being "up there" as far as GOAT

Wayne's 33 so he still has a few years left in him. He needs about 3,100 yards to be top 5 in yards (2,100 to be top 10). 232 catches to be top 5 (89 to be top 10). 18 TD's to be top 10 (he's not makin top 5). So how's this dude laughable when he has a legit chance finishin top 10 in every category? I already said he's not gonna be the GOAT. I said he would be up there.

There are WR's with Top 10 numbers that aren't in the HOF (Andre Reed, Chris Carter).

Reed is only top 10 in receptions, and he'll be knocked outta that within the next 2 years. And all your point really proved was that HOF isn't a good measure of how good a receiver is. Moss and TO will probably have a tough time gettin in

They are #2 and #3 in Receiving TD's.

Moss 2007 year is legendary. Moss rookie year is legendary.

They ruled a decade of football as elite WR's. Put fear in opposing CB's.

Reggie Wayne wasn't even the #1 WR on his own team for a few years (Marvin Harisson)

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't know nhamni played zone in Oakland.. and I think one of the main reason qbs don't challenge revis is becuz they don't have to.. they have cromartie and Kyle Wilson to pick on all game.. y bother throwing to his side??
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggie Wayne isn't gonna go down as GOAT WR of all time. But he could be up there. Probably end up ahead of Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson.

????

Wayne's 33 so he still has a few years left in him. He needs about 3,100 yards to be top 5 in yards (2,100 to be top 10). 232 catches to be top 5 (89 to be top 10). 18 TD's to be top 10 (he's not makin top 5). So how's this dude laughable when he has a legit chance finishin top 10 in every category? I already said he's not gonna be the GOAT. I said he would be up there.

There are WR's with Top 10 numbers that aren't in the HOF (Andre Reed, Chris Carter).

Reed is only top 10 in receptions, and he'll be knocked outta that within the next 2 years. And all your point really proved was that HOF isn't a good measure of how good a receiver is. Moss and TO will probably have a tough time gettin in

Reggie Wayne wasn't even the #1 WR on his own team for a few years (Marvin Harisson)

You're proving my point. I said HOF isn't a good measure of how good a receiver is, then used the fact that Moss and TO will have a tough time getting in. Not that they didn't earn a spot, but that people wont' want to put them in. I didn't say he was as good as Moss or TO. But TO's not a current NFL player, and Moss still has to make it to the season. So I didn't throw their names out there. And ya, I'm sure DB's weren't scared of Wayne puttin up 7 straight 1,000+ yard seasons.

Don't let the highlight reel tell you what's happening. Just cuz Wayne didn't get as much hype doesn't mean he wasn't beastin.
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Didn't know nhamni played zone in Oakland.. and I think one of the main reason qbs don't challenge revis is becuz they don't have to.. they have cromartie and Kyle Wilson to pick on all game.. y bother throwing to his side??

When he isnt having a bad day cromartie is pretty good he just isnt that great on tight coverage....@ the bolded....who dat????
  • texasdaking88
    Options
    Lmao.. I was typing fast, ? .. had a brain ?
  • texasdaking88
    Options
    Still doesnt solve ur nickle problems.. where do afc east teams eat them up @??? In the slot wit bess and welker and the tight ends.. like i said, no reason to throw on revis side
  • (ob)Scene
    Options
    What you call "no reason," Revis calls, "no opportunity."
  • texasdaking88
    Options
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    Revis matches up against opposing teams best WRs and shuts them down.

I remember one year where he played Moss, T.O, Andre Johnson, and shut them all down.

????

You're proving my point. I said HOF isn't a good measure of how good a receiver is, then used the fact that Moss and TO will have a tough time getting in. Not that they didn't earn a spot, but that people wont' want to put them in. I didn't say he was as good as Moss or TO. But TO's not a current NFL player, and Moss still has to make it to the season. So I didn't throw their names out there. And ya, I'm sure DB's weren't scared of Wayne puttin up 7 straight 1,000+ yard seasons.

Don't let the highlight reel tell you what's happening. Just cuz Wayne didn't get as much hype doesn't mean he wasn't beastin.

Moss and T.O were the NFL's premier Wide Receivers over the past decade. Both were flat out dominant.

Reggie Wayne wasn't even the #1 WR on the Colts until Marvin Harisson retired.

End of story.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

I remember one year where he played Moss, T.O, Andre Johnson, and shut them all down.

????

Moss and T.O were the NFL's premier Wide Receivers over the past decade. Both were flat out dominant.

End of story.

Not true. But what's it even matter if you're the #1 or #2 really. You start and get the same number of stats. As long as you're producing doesn't really matter if you're the 1 or 2. You act like this dude put up 7 straight 1,000's but D's were like "o wait...he's the 2. don't worry bout it"
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited July 2012
    Options

????

End of story.

Not true. But what's it even matter if you're the #1 or #2 really. You start and get the same number of stats. As long as you're producing doesn't really matter if you're the 1 or 2. You act like this dude put up 7 straight 1,000's but D's were like "o wait...he's the 2. don't worry bout it"

Dude... theres NOTHING about Reggie Wayne that makes me think "1st ballot HOF". He might sneak into the HOF in a weak year.... but he's not going to be up there with the GOATs.

Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harisson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc.

Wayne is 2nd tier after those guys... so no. He's not "up there" with the GOAT Wide outs. Reggie Wayne is not remotely close to the top of the Receiving TD's leaders..... he's a possession WR.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

????

End of story.

Dude... theres NOTHING about Reggie Wayne that makes me think "1st ballot HOF". He might sneak into the HOF in a weak year.... but he's not going to be up there with the GOATs.

Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harisson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc.

Wayne is 2nd tier after those guys... so no. He's not "up there" with the GOAT Wide outs. Reggie Wayne is not remotely close to the top of the Receiving TD's leaders..... he's a possession WR.

He's puttin up 13.6 yards/reception. Getting a lot of catches doesn't make you a possession receiver. It means you're reliable and keep the chains movin. That's a pro, not a con. And 5 years in, 3 1,000 yard seasons and Calvin Johnson's already on the same level as Rice, Owens, Moss, Harrison, and Fitz. Crowned him kinda quick...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    dont listen to that ? man

rob ryan ran like a 95% man coverage D in Oakland

and Revisactually got targeted last year more than the previous year

• texasdaking88
    Options
    @evo .. wtf u say about rice?.. compared to Irvin???. Wow..
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Smh if ur not an oakland raider fan or watch their games dont speak nothing u dont know....philly runs more man coverage than oakland why u think Nnamdi wasnt as effective half the time? It took damn near the end of season for him to get an int
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options

????

End of story.

He's puttin up 13.6 yards/reception. Getting a lot of catches doesn't make you a possession receiver. It means you're reliable and keep the chains movin. That's a pro, not a con. And 5 years in, 3 1,000 yard seasons and Calvin Johnson's already on the same level as Rice, Owens, Moss, Harrison, and Fitz. Crowned him kinda quick...

Its about potential... Calvin has potential to be up there with Moss and TO.

Reggie Wayne lack of TDs hurts a lot... Moving chains is good, but it doesn't necessarily put points on the board.