(((((( ^^^^ The OFFICIAL DIRTEE BIRDZ 2012 Thread ^^^^ ))))))

Options

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    am i wrong for feeling way more optimistic about the defense this year? even with the new players and DC? i got a feeling this gon be our year. as much talent as we got on the roster we'll be kinda under the radar... ? aint expectin ? from ATL except a playoff spot at best

don't you mean at worst?? its still falcons and saints at the top, and people are probably expecting less of the saints because of the bounty penalties.

Nope. All I hear on here and even on ESPN (who picked us to miss the playoffs this year) is how somehow losing to super bowl teams in the playoffs means you're the worst team in your division. lol

well if you have to have someone picking against you, ESPN and the cheap seats are who you want it to be
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    am i wrong for feeling way more optimistic about the defense this year? even with the new players and DC? i got a feeling this gon be our year. as much talent as we got on the roster we'll be kinda under the radar... ? aint expectin ? from ATL except a playoff spot at best

don't you mean at worst?? its still falcons and saints at the top, and people are probably expecting less of the saints because of the bounty penalties.

nah its people who think we might not even do that and that the panthers will actually be taking the NFC south this year. i ? you not. although it could be that they just tryin to roast because im one of like 4 falcons fans in the LA area

oh, so they look at you like

iSHkMiaKSza6s.gif

lmfao... yes.

until i remind them that they're raiders/rams/chargers fans

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope. All I hear on here and even on ESPN (who picked us to miss the playoffs this year) is how somehow losing to super bowl teams in the playoffs means you're the worst team in your division. lol

well if you have to have someone picking against you, ESPN and the cheap seats are who you want it to be

AlonzoMourningThinks.gif
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    falcons are flops!!!!!
    flacco>>>>>>>Ryan
    ravens best birds in da league
  • greenwood1921
    Options

nah its people who think we might not even do that and that the panthers will actually be taking the NFC south this year. i ? you not. although it could be that they just tryin to roast because im one of like 4 falcons fans in the LA area

oh, so they look at you like

iSHkMiaKSza6s.gif

lmfao... yes.

until i remind them that they're raiders/rams/chargers or bandwagon fans

Ether. And *fixed.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    falcons are flops!!!!!
    flacco>>>>>>>Ryan

I remember the last time the Falcons played the Ravens...

Somebody flopped.

Or should I say, somebody GOT flopped...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoOH60jwIE

• greenwood1921
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Interesting excerpt from Camp today from Pat Yasinkas of ESPN...

The play of the day came on a jump ball between two of Atlanta’s best athletes. Grimes had good coverage on a pass that was thrown high for wide receiver Julio Jones. Grimes, whose vertical leap has been measured at more than 40 inches, went up as high as he could. But Jones, who also has some spring in his legs, came down with the ball.

That's not bad considering...

imager.php?id=3095059&t=o

Grime-Time ain't no joke.

julio-jones-gif.gif

But neither is the mexican.
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Falcons Release Manuwai

By:Jay Adams | July 28th, 2012

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have released guard Vince Manuwai.

Manuwai, 6-2, 333 pounds, was originally selected by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the third round (72nd overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft. He was signed by the Falcons as a free agent on March 9, 2012. The eight-year veteran started 105 of the 111 games he played in between 2003 and 2010.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/2012/07/falcons-release-manuwai/

Dam, that was fast. The squad haven't even put on their pads yet in training camp. That means the rookie, Konz, is looking really good out there or Manuwai looking like Larry Holmes. Oh well, hope the best for him. All that means is more cap space for the Falcons. I'd like for them to use that money on signing a veteran back up QB or a LT.

I think it's a lil bit of both. And co-sign signing a LB. I'm giving up on Mike Smith signing somebody other than Chris Redman to back up Matty. I think Redman and Chris Owens caught Arthur Blank sniffin' coke with some hoes from Magic City or something, 'cause no matter what happens, they stay on the roster.

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I want this ? to make the squad

D.-Davis.jpg

They say he already pushing wilson for that 3rd qb job
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Yea, I heard about Grime-Time fielding punts too. Don't know how serious it is though.

And yeah, Davis has the strongest arm from the team and is doing pretty well in camp from what I hear. He doesn't have much touch tho.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    The media or anybody didnt mention the name Curtis Lofton one time in the last three years. Now that he the Falcons, now he's a beast of a linebacker and could become one of the best in the NFL.

lol

Bruh, you should've saw that coming. Never fails.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Today's 7-0n-7 drills. (at the end, Julio does my boy Franks ? ...)

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/falconstv/?video_id=1760726512001
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so what are expectations like for the falcons heading into this 2012-2013 season?? will winning a playoff game be enough, or is it superbowl or bust??
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    If your team is playoff caliber and your goal is NOT to make super bowl... U lawst in lyfe.

Then again, only 1 team will win it all.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whos gonna be the falcons breakout players this year (1 off, 1 D)?
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    falcons are flops!!!!!
    flacco>>>>>>>Ryan
    DaBull wrote: »
    falcons are flops!!!!!
    flacco>>>>>>>Ryan

I remember the last time the Falcons played the Ravens...

Somebody flopped.

Or should I say, somebody GOT flopped...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoOH60jwIE

chill, falcons are regular season champs every year, Matty ice cold got 0 playoff wins
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Been M.I.A but im still reppin.............

Im seeing 11-5/12-4 this year.... Should win the South

Cant wait for this season to pop off..............

• Livefromclayco
    Options
    Falcons cornerback Asante Samuel wouldn't confirm if he has Oct. 28 highlighted on his digital calendar. But clearly he has taken note of a newspaper report that Eagles coach Andy Reid felt his skills were in steep decline. "No comment," Samuel said after Tuesday's practice. "We'll see who's in steep decline." It was noted that the Falcons travel to play Reid and the Eagles in October. "We'll figure out who's in steep decline then," Samuel said.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Yea, I read that article.

Doesn't matter anyway. Asante played better than any other corner on the eagles roster last year, and most of all...

He was signed to essentially replace Chris Owens, and we made a Chris owens-caliber deal to get him. LoL

• greenwood1921
    Options
    ^^^^ Goat response to a hater. lol
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    how a team that aint won ? earn so many haters tho? serious question.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I've been trying to figure that out since I signed up

I ain't even know it was this many falcons fans on the IC till I saw last years thread
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    ^^^^^ Lmao. I been wondering that too.

All we got is a handful of division titles and a NFC title, and we catch Yankee/Laker hate.

I love it tho. I remember when ? didn't even know or care who our QB was, now they know his stats and playoff records by heart.

Quick! What was Chris Chandlers career QB rating?!

See? lol. ? like "Chris who?"
    And he took us to a Super Bowl. lol
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Here's what I would post in a team thread that I gave 0 ? about, and I thought the team was trash....

• Livefromclayco
    Options
    The Matt Ryan hate is the funniest tho

You can tell who they are cause they say the same ?

"He ain't got no playoff wins"