(((((( ^^^^ The OFFICIAL DIRTEE BIRDZ 2012 Thread ^^^^ ))))))

Options

Comments

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell no it's too many cheaper options. ? we could get a Chris Ivory, Ben Tate type ? to come in and get 10-15 carries a game.

And I don't wanna see a RB get drafted till at least the 4th rd
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If we take a RB higher than the 3rd round, I'll be ? too unless it is a "can't miss" type player that dropped way lower than they should have.

Like a Lacy, Monte Ball, etc.

Our draft should look like a line outside of a buffet.

Buncha big, hungry, thick-neck nikkas.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I ain't know Falcons fans love HD this much tho. Some people still think he can be a starter on most teams

I still want TD to bring someone in to challenge him and let HD return punts more
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2013
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I ain't know Falcons fans love HD this much tho. Some people still think he can be a starter on most teams

I still want TD to bring someone in to challenge him and let HD return punts more

That's another reason that I don't want Tony back. Matty is too reliant on Tony, therefore, HD don't get enough looks and reps in practice.

With a new starting TE, Matty will rely more on the players he's more comfortable with like HD and this will keep him "hot" during the games.

One thing about playing receiver, you gotta be in a rhythm. If you running empty routes all day with the ball going to everybody BUT you, and then you're expected to make a play in the 4th quarter out of nowhere -- that can be difficult.

Plus, defenses don't even respect it when HD goes deep, cause they know he's just the 4th option no matter what. And Matty don't have enough time to go to the 4th option every play.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I definitely think HD can play but he needs to be pushed by somebody other than Drew Davis. Or maybe I'm still salty that he got caught by the turf monster lol
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Close this ? . 2013 Falcons no longer exist.

Falcons are still ringless...
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2013
    Options
    5-11
    4-12
    5-11
    5-11
    4-12

^^^^^ Brown's record the last 5 years. lol

And then this ? ass ? @jaemooms talkin' bout a ? championship from 1964 when the NFL only had 14 teams.

tumblr_mc99xdfMqw1riahmqo1_400.gif

That's no different than winning a conference championship in this era which the Falcons did in 1998.

98atl.jpg

In fact, it's worse, 'cause the NFC has 16 teams in it.

This down sydrome ? need to ? himself yesterday. lmaaoooo
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I definitely think HD can play but he needs to be pushed by somebody other than Drew Davis. Or maybe I'm still salty that he got caught by the turf monster lol

Yeah, he keeps his feet and we in the swamp dome playin' for the chip. *shrug*.

If we can ressurect our running game, that'll do more for HD than a another receiver.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw we brought home THE championship..

Lol not the same fam........stop it 5.

• greenwood1921
    Options
    Bragging about 14-team league championships from when MLK was still alive.

Lmaaaao.

Damn cleaveland nikkas keeping the lawse alive...
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Dumb nikka don't even know that the NFL and AFL were two different leagues until the Super Bowl was created.

There were TWO pro-football champs that year, ? .

Buffalo Bills won the AFL.

But you don't hear Bills fans "claiming" that ? .

Dayum shame when Buffalo fans have more self-pride than cleaveland fans.

I see why Bron left. Now ? like you been crying ever since.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Theres a rumor that the Jets owner wants to trade Revis..... Would you take him even though he is coming off an ACL injury?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/23/report-woody-johnson-wants-to-explore-a-darrelle-revis-trade/
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Theres a rumor that the Jets owner wants to trade Revis..... Would you take him even though he is coming off an ACL injury?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/23/report-woody-johnson-wants-to-explore-a-darrelle-revis-trade/

I'm 50-50 on it. His salary next year ain't that bad (6 mill) but it would probably take some picks and we got some building to do on defense

• ya boi g
    Options
    If we could get on on some Asante Samuels type ish im for it. But the problem would be resigning him after next season. Especially if he is still shuttin dudes down like he was before his injury.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    If we could get on on some Asante Samuels type ish im for it. But the problem would be resigning him after next season. Especially if he is still shuttin dudes down like he was before his injury.

This. Letting go of Dunta and/or letting Grimes walk would knockout that salary.

But the picks is the issue. I wouldn't give up more than 1 pick above the 4th round. Maybe a 5th or 6th to go with it.

It's a similar situation to Asante's in Philly too. He was asking for more money 'cause he didn't like the franchise.

But nothing major for him. I ain't trying to see us become "Dream Team II". LMAO
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    With the ACL and the contract I don't going for anything more than a 3rd.

But there are stupid GMs out there so you never know
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I don't like the fact that he held out on a contract last offseason for a contract that he held out on two offseasons ago. Sounds like some ? ? ? that the locker room doesn't need IMO.

Fact is we already have three corners that we have to figure out what the hell we're going to do with. We also have a 4th corner that we can get for super cheap in McClain that plays solid in the Nickle if needed to. Basically we got four corners that can start on 85% of the teams in the NFL. Imma say this in the nicest way possible, no disrespect but ? Revis. We need a front 7 BAD. We need a front 7 much more than we need a 5th corner.

I could've sworn I saw a ? on the falcons forum type this exact same ? lol

• Livefromclayco
    Options
    Either way Dunta gotta go I'm tired of this ? and his terrible tackling. I'd rather bring Grimes back
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    He might be on his way to playing safety in the league anyway. Like Rod Woodson did his last 4-5 years in the league after Barry Sanders took his ligament (lol). Or a roving/hybrid DB like Charles Woodson is now.

Real hard to be a top-tier outside corner coming off a ACL. And speed was never his strength anyway.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I just can't picture Grime-Time in another uniform. I just can't.

I won't! lol
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I far as the DL goes I think it's time for Ray Hamilton to ? cause we keep having all these players that need to develop and it never happens
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I far as the DL goes I think it's time for Ray Hamilton to ? cause we keep having all these players that need to develop and it never happens

I don't know about that. You got the Ray Edwards and Peria Jerry's that UNDERachieved, but Corey Peters, Babineaux, and Kroy Bierman are all OVERachieving.

I respect coaches that make average players play good more than the ones who just let talent make them look good.

Our DL is just small in the middle and either old (Abe) or just not good enough (Bierman) on the outside.

Bierman would be the best 2nd string DE in the league - which is what he really is. We need some size in the middle and that will do wonders. Just watch...
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Optimized-Tony-Open.jpg

Locking in on recievers is the one thing Matt Ryan gotta stop doing
  • ya boi g
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Optimized-Tony-Open.jpg

Locking in on recievers is the one thing Matt Ryan gotta stop doing

After that play you could see Tony G on the sideline saying "I was wide Open"...... smh

• ya boi g
    Options
    If he was gonna lock on to someone and force the ball to them u would think it would have been Tony G.