ESPN's Stephen A. Smith Says 50 Cent Only Person That Can Make A Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao happen

Options
BostonDro
BostonDro Members Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
The news of 50 Cent becoming a boxing promoter is just a few days old, but it has already caught the attention of the people over at ESPN. The G-Unit boss has acquired his promoter's license in New York and is working to obtain one in Nevada.

This could be leading up to one huge goal. That is getting Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao in the ring for the fight of the century. Up until now nobody has been able to even come close to making this mega fight become a reality. ESPN's Stephen A. Smith believes the one person that can do it is 50 Cent.

Today on ESPN's First Take, Stephen A. and Skip Bayless talked about the possibility.

"I've interviewed 50 Cent for BET years ago. I sat down and talked with this guy for about 2 hours. The dude is brilliant, that's number one. Number two, but most importantly he is incredibly tight with Floyd Mayweather Jr.," Stephen A. said. "And he thinks differently. He's the kind of guy that will say 'don't sit there and argue over a 50/50 split. Why get 60 or 70% of an $80 million purse when you split 50% of a $200 million purse?'"

Stephen A. goes on to say that 50 won't let emotions factor into getting the fight negotiated.

"What I'm saying to you is 50 is logical like that," he continued. "I'm not saying that's his position because I haven't spoken to him and I don't know. But I'm telling you he's all business. From the standpoint he doesn't play games. He's not about that. He's highly intelligent and he's very logical and he doesn't get caught up in the emotion the way that Floyd does. But more importantly unlike anybody else. Because Floyd pretty much runs things, or doesn't trust other people. He doesn't run 50, plus he trusts 50."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tY1Kw02cYq8

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This makes no sense at all. B/c he's tight with Floyd? Floyd is self promoted so why would he need 50 to make this fight?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that, I can go to Memphis and have my choice of chicken offered by Rick Ross. That's a power move I can benefit from
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    read this yesterday, he 100% right . only 50 can make it happen
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does this have to do w his album tho?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Matt-
    Options
    fight of the century.

lol. its 12 years in
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back in 2005 he did...
  • 2pac90696
    2pac90696 Members Posts: 5
    Options
    This is the reason I don't watch Espn anymore. They try too damn hard with the "fiddy," "shots fired." Both Stephen A. and Ms. Hill have college degrees, no need to try and talk down to the urban crowd, we understand basic english.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I somewhat agree

50 Cent could negotiate some ? like this to get mayweather in the ring

Pacquiao might be the biggest obstacle with that testing ?

but 50 Cent's negotiation skills may make a difference
  • Matt-
    Options
    2pac90696 wrote: »
    This is the reason I don't watch Espn anymore. They try too damn hard with the "fiddy," "shots fired." Both Stephen A. and Ms. Hill have college degrees, no need to try and talk down to the urban crowd, we understand basic english.

lol @ that default avi
  • bossflossy
    bossflossy Members Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    This makes no sense at all. B/c he's tight with Floyd? Floyd is self promoted so why would he need 50 to make this fight?
    50 can influence him to take the fight and be more reasonable in his demands. oscar and them cant do that. they just business partners and want to get paid. he do business with them but he dont trust them. he trust 50 and know 50 got his back and aint going to give him backwards ass advice just to get some of the paper
  • bossflossy
    bossflossy Members Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 was going hard at oscar de la hoya on twitter yesterday. floyd be out in 7 days, 50 getting prepared to make some major moves
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bossflossy wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    50 can influence him to take the fight and be more reasonable in his demands. oscar and them cant do that. they just business partners and want to get paid. he do business with them but he dont trust them. he trust 50 and know 50 got his back and aint going to give him backwards ass advice just to get some of the paper

wrong homeboy......the only way that fight happens is if Bob Arum gives the ok
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ll @ 50 can influence him and make him think reasonably...

Floyd will give 50 15% of 200 million for advice???????

? yourself. lmao
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its over.

we all lost.

*Mr.CJ post*
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 handles his business
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    first take is even more wack.....they need dana jacobson back or that other male white host (forgot his name)...Jemele Hill sucks in moderating..............
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd not bein a lil ? is the only thing that'll make this happen
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The Floyd vs. Manny fight is finished. No one wants to see that ? anymore. Manny already ? up by losing to Bradley and refusing the rematch. No to mention, chances are Manny is going to lose his next fight as well.

Manny is done. He's past his prime, and now it's time for him to start looking at retirement.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way the fight goes down is without Arum in the picture....50 can offer his two cents but Floyd doesn't need him in his ear to make the fight...he needs Arum's stubborn ass out of the picture to make the fight

Mustve been a slow news day...? is really debatin about 50 cent on a sports channel?
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    The only way the fight goes down is without Arum in the picture....50 can offer his two cents but Floyd doesn't need him in his ear to make the fight...he needs Arum's stubborn ass out of the picture to make the fight

Mustve been a slow news day...? is really debatin about 50 cent on a sports channel?

they are trying to get more young people watching for ratings money.....thats why fabo...nas.... wale were on first take...? do i need to know what lil waynes opinion on my sports teams...
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh damn nas was on that joint?

Did skip say "nas lost"?....lmao
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    2pac90696 wrote: »

Then your real beef is with Stuart Scott because he's the first person to bring that to ESPN over a decade ago. ? been calling him "fiddy" though...that's old as ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i dont even care for that fight anymore