Chris Tucker Filming Rush Hour 4

Options
trilladelic
trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Rush Hour” producer Arthur Sarkissian confirmed over the weekend that “Rush Hour 4” is finally in production with its two returning stars.

”I am working on ‘Rush Hour 4′ right now with Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan,” he said. “I’m trying to do it closer to how I did ‘Rush Hour 1′, more down to earth, more gritty, introduce two new characters and make it real, the way the first one was.”

Sarkissian says the new production will be ”more gritty” in a similar way to the franchise’s 1998 debut, which saw the pair portray cops who team up to retrieve a kidnapped child.

One of the new characters being courted is Oscar-winner Octavia Spencer to play the wife of Chan’s alter-ego Lee.

”Maybe Chris is now married, maybe Jackie is married to Octavia Spencer, I don’t know,” he said. “Married to Chris’s cousin, they live in Shanghai, Chris goes out to visit them. I don’t know, I want something energetic. Why not? If it’s good, script is good you’ll get anybody.”

Sarkissian is not completely sure what the film’s storyline will be, the producer admits he ”was not happy” with the third installment, which saw Lee and Carter (Chris) head to Paris to protect a French woman with a good knowledge of Triad secret leaders.

He told CraveOnline: “I thought 1 and 2 were very good. I think 3 got out of hand a little bit. It’s not a matter of just bringing them back to do another segment of that or a sequel to it by putting them in another city and having them bicker. I don’t want that. I want something new.”

http://www.eurweb.com/2012/07/chris-tucker-filming-rush-hour-4-octavia-spencer-sought/

Comments

• Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    this ? need get involved in some new movies other than rush hour franchise
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chris tucker is soon only gonna be known as "the ? from the rush hour movies"
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? i heard the last rush hour was hell for everyone involved.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what happened to him doing a new friday?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rush hour = madden?
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The 3rd Rush Hour was so trash that I don't know if I'll be checking for this one. Hopefully they can get it back on track but Chris Tucker should look into taking other roles and not taking these 8 year breaks between movies
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rush Hour 4 and Friday 4 on deck? Im with it.......... just hope they both deliver
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris tucker is also in another non comedy movei that comes out soon, check imdb or whatever
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm seeing Friday but I'm not watching this ?
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

he got $20 mill for each of the first two and $40milli for part 3. I aint mad @ him

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jackie Chan said a few years ago that he doesn't respect the RH franchise and that he only did all of them for the money and out of respect for his manager who begged him to do them. He basically denounced the franchise because he says it kills everything he's built in his career.

http://www.canmag.com/nw/8529-jackie-chan-rush-hour-interview
  • TrueGodHS
    Options
    ^^^ Yeah like The Medallion and The Tuxedo and The Spy Next Door did wonders for Jackie Chan's career.... Rush Hour got him money and more fame
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did the last one not flop?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chi-guy wrote: »
    The 3rd Rush Hour was so trash that I don't know if I'll be checking for this one. Hopefully they can get it back on track but Chris Tucker should look into taking other roles and not taking these 8 year breaks between movies

Well it's always a good sign when a person involved with a new project can admit the previous one was ? . That means there is a good chance they will be actively trying to correct the problems.
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    ^^^ Yeah like The Medallion and The Tuxedo and The Spy Next Door did wonders for Jackie Chan's career.... Rush Hour got him money and more fame

I think you missed the point. He acknowledges that he did it for the money. The pay isn't the problem. The fact that he was a goofball with the crazy martial arts antics and the chinglish is probably what he doesn't like. I think he believes that he was moving away from those type of roles, but the Rush Hour franchise kept him stagnant because it's probably his most famous role and therefore is the one most capable of pigeonholing him.
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chi-guy wrote: »

Well it's always a good sign when a person involved with a new project can admit the previous one was ? . That means there is a good chance they will be actively trying to correct the problems.

Hopefully he does
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get dat money Chris...

• TrueGodHS
    Options
    Naw I get his point, but honestly, Jackie Chan is eating well off Rush Hour movies. Jackie being pigeonholed into "those types of roles" what else you expect? He doesnt have many roles he can do in Hollywood anyway right?

But either way, I'll be checking for this JUST to see if they fix what ? up the last one. All the ? behind Rush Hour 3 is why it didnt do what it should've. It did like 50-60 mil first week and was no. 1 but still... the movie was just.... SMH

Rush Hour 4 could be better
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

who are we kiddin. if you never saw Friday, 5th Element, Dead Prez, or Money Talks, that's exactly what he is. Add his appearance in Jackie Brown and House Party 3 and you've literally listed his entire filmography. Dude hasn't really been busy since Biggie was alive......
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Jackie Chan said a few years ago that he doesn't respect the RH franchise and that he only did all of them for the money and out of respect for his manager who begged him to do them. He basically denounced the franchise because he says it kills everything he's built in his career.

http://www.canmag.com/nw/8529-jackie-chan-rush-hour-interview

"How should I say?" Chan began. "Not hate, I'd lost confidence in the American market. I don't know what American audiences like. My manager begged me to do it until I proved the audience don't like these kinds of movies or they don't like you. Then I make Rush Hour 1. I wasn't lying. I hate the American system."

That's a shame, but its his fault for picking these corny-ass scripts like The Tuxedo and that flick about him being a window washer @ the WTC they was gon make b4 9/11 lol. I don't get why he doesn't give the goofy wacky comedy a rest and try making some dark ? for once. Damn Jackie, play a man with a violent past, somebody on the revenge path cuz they kids got murked, something. American audiences would eat that up.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's guaranteed money, gotta do what you gotta do.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Tucker trolling lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? are gonna be even flabbier than they were in 3. and I seen like 35 mins of RH 3
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rush Hr is one of the biggest movie franchises ever. Of course their doing another one

Mike Epps just said Friday is not being made right now.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im checkin for it. always loved rush hour.. Chris bout to bank 25 at least.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Rush Hr is one of the biggest movie franchises ever. Of course their doing another one

Mike Epps just said Friday is not being made right now.

why?