Oprah disses one of her twitter followers.

Options

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    exactly @darkone360 .. ? is 20 million to a billionaire!?

somebody pull up what she spendin in africa and how much she spendin on show give-a-ways!!?

ill wait..
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »
    matt- wrote: »
    lol @ giving back to the ghettos of america by putting black men through college. He didn't ask her about black men needing financial aid. he asked about the ghettos. tons of people of all colors need assistance. just because someone received assistance from oprah, does not mean she gave back to the ghetto.

but then again, where did she get the 500 african american men from to put in college?

well if she's handpicking them out of the ghettos then she's actually taking the best and brightest hood stars off the block. she's giving to the individual, but HURTING the ghetto. how does that help the ghetto?
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ trying to downplay 500 black men in college..

The long term effects from that alone speaks volumes even if only 40% of those black men become successful..dominoe effect
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? should be happy she gave anything to be honest.

• CapitalB
    Options
    stoppit Ted..

basically what she did was the equivalent to a white person sayin "im not racist.. i have two black friends."

foh
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    ^ Damn! If you factor in the girls school in Africa and the other ? she's done plus making sure Obama gets elected, one would think that she's actually trying to make a real effort in bring up the Black Race.

Imagine that.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Ted Bundy wrote: »
    Lol @ trying to downplay 500 black men in college..

The long term effects from that alone speaks volumes even if only 40% of those black men become successful..dominoe effect

its a great and noble thing. no doubt. she's stepping up in ways that many celebs are not. she's not obligated to do any of that stuff. but she didn't really answer the question.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    If you say so bruh..

@pico summed it up..she did something..

College is expensive and she gave out 500 free rides to folks that earned it..cant knock that at all..

How many ppl have you put through college?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O put that ether on that bruhta ......? stop beggin .....? look ? made
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meanwhile, in another thread...A man who's thankful for the advantage of being placed in this successful country is bein called a ? ...
  • CapitalB
    Options
    "expensive" to who Ted!!?
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    Inb4 500 more educated Black Men for 500 white women.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    To anyone who's complaining post some info of another rich and famous african american celebrity who has done anything of the sort.

We'll wait

• Bussy_Getta
    Options
    BossBoo wrote: »
    "expensive" to who Ted!!?

You trollin right breh?
  • CapitalB
    Options
    @Pico somewhat..

but there's always a method to my madness..
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    He asked what she did for the ghetto and she let him know she played a part in 500 black men and their future families not becoming a part of the ghetto..

Ya'll ? just splitting hairs right now..
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    *nods, shuts mouth*
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    I think Young Buck just had an auction.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ giving back to the ghettos of america by putting black men through college. He didn't ask her about black men needing financial aid. he asked about the ghettos. tons of people of all colors need assistance. just because someone received assistance from oprah, does not mean she gave back to the ghetto.

35642w.jpg
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

but then again, where did she get the 500 african american men from to put in college?

well if she's handpicking them out of the ghettos then she's actually taking the best and brightest hood stars off the block. she's giving to the individual, but HURTING the ghetto. how does that help the ghetto?

It doesn't matter, if their coming from the ghetto, Their coming from the same place he wants her to give back to, and no one is going to help you, if you ain't helping yourself.

maybe those 500 men were getting top marks in high school and their SAT scores, and they just couldn't afford to go to college either they're parents couldn't pay for them, they don't have a scholarship or they wasn't making much at work, so by the blessings of Oprah they were able to go to college.

And the ? shouldn't be asking Orpah as if she's gonna swoop down in the hood like Rick Ross or Trae the Truth and give them 50 k out of her pockets.

The ghetto is already hurt. Successful people come out of the hood everyday, sometimes there's no excuse.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Ted Bundy wrote: »
    If you say so bruh..

@pico summed it up..she did something..

College is expensive and she gave out 500 free rides to folks that earned it..cant knock that at all..

How many ppl have you put through college?

i'm not knocking it. i'm already paying into 1 college education. i've paid for myself. so that makes 2. and based on income level, i'd say i'm giving back to the 'burbs.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    @matt..thats wassup bruh

You know how valuable higher education truly is..
  • Matt-
    Options

It doesn't matter, if their coming from the ghetto, Their coming from the same place he wants her to give back to, and no one is going to help you, if you ain't helping yourself.

maybe those 500 men were getting top marks in high school and their SAT scores, and they just couldn't afford to go to college either they're parents couldn't pay for them, they don't have a scholarship or they wasn't making much at work, so by the blessings of Oprah they were able to go to college.

And the ? shouldn't be asking Orpah as if she's gonna swoop down in the hood like Rick Ross or Trae the Truth and give them 50 k out of her pockets.

The ghetto is already hurt. Successful people come out of the hood everyday, sometimes there's no excuse.

i'm not knocking it. its obvious the guy on twitter wants oprah to come through like Marlo, and start handing out stacks for the hoppers to buy jerseys for school
    http://youtu.be/cqdNlrzKuVg

• CapitalB
    Options
    but u see Ted.. their exchange is not my concern..
    she got 500 men in college.. ? is a billionaire..

? threw pennies back into the hood.. meanwhile she spendin dimes on her show guest and dollars in africa..

and again.. im not knockin her..
    yall jus a lil too amped for a ? who couldve easily said 1000 and STILL not have had put a dent in her account..

and to answer ur question.. i have a nephew a godson and my girl's son who's college will be paid for..

i pay for summer camps.. football.. basketball season school clothes and some more ? .. i take care of my people.. and if i was a billionaire id have more to say then jus i put 500 black men in college..

jus sayin..

• God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    Probably a Killer Mike alias
    I feel like oprah hates hip hop and poor people too. We embarrass her she is ashamed of us and our music. our music is hip hop, remember when kanye made the Bush statement that was like saying "hey bush is white". its beyond obvious. I challenge black artists to challenge black elitists. middle and upper class blacks that see "us" and urban music as a cancer they have to rid Black society of, I will continue to defend what I love. I love hip hop and since hip hop is people and not this bull!! industry that means I love u.
    I will ride on oprah, bill o'riley' cosby or any one I feel would wipe hip hop off the earth 2morrow if they had the power to do so.