AW bout to get fired

Options

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joke was funny...can't believe he got dem devors for it.
  • rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    He's going off on twitter now.

@TonyE_85 @awpromotions : I say this with the biggest smile on my face... ? YOU!!
    @shtight86 @awpromotions : Shut yo ass up ? !!
    @themanrcag @awpromotions : ? you fatboy!! You're a stroke waiting to happen. #DietBitch!!
    @Linda_McMahon : Creates jobs my ass!! I'm fired thanks to you and your campaign.
    @RKOs_MINDFREAK @awpromotions : Hey ? being ugly won't get you laid either so shut the ? up! #RachetAss!!
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL, damn dude goin off
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    LMAO see, I stand by my comment earlier in this thread. AW real as ?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Linda McMahon still in politics?
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude been going at it all day.

WWE announced Friday they have come to terms on the release of A.W. (a/k/a Abraham Washington) as of August 10, 2012, weeks after the boisterous personality made a ? joke on the July 30 episode of Raw. According to a company spokesman, A.W., whose real name is Brian Jossie, was terminated due to his continued use of offensive and inappropriate remarks in public settings following the ordeal.

A representative for WWE told TMZ.com Friday evening, “Unfortunately, Brian Jossie, playing the character of A.W. was terminated because he continued to exhibit poor judgment by making offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media.”

Jossie angrily spoke out against WWE via Twitter following the announcement, stating they “turned its back” on him.

“It was the #WWE that made me bold and now it has turned it’s back on me,” he said. “Just be normal shut up and be a yes man so you can collect your check and feel like your special. #SELLOUTS!! I remember a time when the WWE didn’t care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow. #RemeberTheFans. Thank you WWE for creating me and then killing me because I only portrayed what I grew up watching… The #WWE!!”

After WWE unceremoniously terminated A.W.’s contract Friday for what a company spokesman said was due to his continued use of offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media after uttering a ? joke on the July 30 episode of Raw, the All World Promotions chief posted a barrage of vitriolic messages on Twitter blistering his former employer for what he perceives are double standards.

A.W. strongly feels it is unjust that he’s now out of job when Big Show made a similar remark referencing NBA player Kobe Bryant’s sexual assault case, Vince McMahon reneged WWE’s anti-bullying campaign two months ago on Raw by ridiculing Jim Ross’ ? paralysis, CM Punk told a fan on Twitter to ? himself, Triple H simulated mock sex with a mannequin in a casket, McMahon used a racial epithet on national television, and the company showcased a character making light of mentally challenged individuals, among other unsavory events. Fans comments he posted include: “VINCE MCMAHON CAN SAY THE “N” WORD ON NATIONAL T.V. BUT @AWPromotions CAN’T TELL A JOKE………….whats wrong with this picture???”

“McMahon is a hypocrite! It’s cool for him to mock JR’s Bells Palsy, & you aren’t cut any slack for one joke? #BeAStarVince.”

“I hope Vince hasn’t forgot How he mocked @JRsBBQ on #RAW live, and @AWPromotions gets released for one joke?”

@if only you had strangled someone with your tie, you’d be back within 6 months lol.”

“so Dx can tell everyone to suck it but u can’t make a joke?”

@CMPunk told one of his twitter followers to ? themselves. biggest double standard in the world.”

@kane has sex with a dead girl but @AWPromotions makes a kobe joke and gets fired.”

“Vince can kick the leg out from under a one legged kid, wrestle women, mock The mentally ? and he fired you!!!”

@Didn’t Big Show make a Kobe Bryant reference in a battle rap with Cena in 2003 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V6gr8CB-Eg … but AW gets let go?”

A.W. feels he is a casualty of Linda McMahon’s Republican pursuit of a United States Senate seat in Connecticut, which many have speculated has led the sports-entertainment organization to take action on any matter deemed controversial so as not to affect her campaign.

He tweeted to Linda, “Creates jobs my ass!! I’m fired thanks to you and your campaign.”
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THis some ? ...? the wwe for that ?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo this ? has me heated. IM SERIOUSLY thinking about quitting wrestling. ? is unbearable now......
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AW dropping ether
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    Options
    This and Daniel Bryan's firing for the tie incident are lowest of the low. Really? Linda's political career needs to be future endeavored!
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This and Daniel Bryan's firing for the tie incident are lowest of the low. Really? Linda's political career needs to be future endeavored!

Daniel Bryan got fired too?

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE dropped the ball

Vince can say ? , Big Show can reference the Kobe situation and nothing happens. They fired AW for making fun of ? but they have a convicted ? (Mike Tyson) in their Hall Of Fame, how does that make sense
  • Mally_G
    edited August 2012
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

Daniel Bryan got fired too?

Nah, about a year or so, DB was released because he was caught on camera choking the ring announcer or someone like that with a neck tie during an NXT/Nexus takeover angle. It was part of an angle, but the E said DB went too far with the tie. Many believed, if the camera's hadn't caught the shot, DB would have never gotten into trouble.

Also, there is speculation that the real reason why DB was let go was because during that segment, he beat down Cena, yelled at him (audibly on TV) "you're not better than me", spit in his face, and then kicked him in the head, followed by the tie choking incident.

AW's release is pure ? . Everything he's saying is truth. It's like only certain individuals can get away with breaking the rules or crossing the line, and if others who aren't in the circle do something similar or better, they get reprimanded or released. Plus, what he's saying about making a lane for yourself when the creative team has nothing for you is 100. Too many kats have been told to do your own thing, and when they do and they get over, they get ? on. The first that I can think of is Christian. He came up with his own Peeps persona, the E ran with it for a while, only to ? on him and never push him past IC status. That's why he left for TNA, because the E was ? with his push when he was on top of his game. The same thing happened to Zack Ryder, even though his gimmick is a simp and corny as hell, but the fans liked it; then he gets his ? snatched from him and he's back to jobber status. Now AW out there doing his thing, getting noticed, without the machine behind him and he says one thing, that's been said and quoted before by someone higher on the pole, and he gets released. ? .....

I don't understand why people want to work for the E. I know it's for the money, but to put yourself in a ? work environment, and never see your family on top of that, is pure ? . I'd find something else less stressful to do.

Wrestler reaction to A.W.’s firing by WWE on Friday for what a company spokesman said was due to his continued use of offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media after making a ? joke on the July 30 episode of Raw is said to be as negative to any termination in a long time.

Upon learning of the news, A.W. posted a barrage of Twitter messages roasting the sports-entertainment organization for what he perceives are double standards, such as Big Show making a similar remark referencing NBA player Kobe Bryant’s sexual assault case years ago and Vince McMahon reneging WWE’s anti-bullying campaign on Raw weeks ago by ridiculing Jim Ross’ affliction with Bell’s palsy. Though it would appear that he is squashing any chance of a return to the organization with each scathing tweet, Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer sees things otherwise.

He posted on the F4WOnline.com message board, “The more he says, the better his chances of being brought back in a while.

“Vince has no respect for people he bullies and don’t fight back.

“He hired Bischoff, Bret (spent ten years begging for him to comeback and even brought him back after Bret walked out on him the day of Mania), Sable, Billy Graham, yet never touched Heenan except for one shots. I doubt even he knows it but he’s playing it smart in the long run.”

(source: F4WOnline.com)
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yea I remember that incident about Daniel Bryan. That shss was stupid ass hell to fire him because it help the Nexus storyline at the time
  • VIBE
    Options
    He's workin!!!

TNA has to pick him up.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    This could all be kayfabe
  • VIBE
    Options
    ^ could be but he's going a bit over the top lol

Would be dope to see him and JTG work together.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options

VIBE wrote: »
    He's workin!!!

TNA has to pick him up.

Him as Kenny King's manager or doing commentary with Taz would be GOAT.
  • Mally_G
    edited August 2012
    Options
    AW still putting in work....

A.W. has continued to lambast WWE via Twitter after his contract was terminated Friday for what a company spokesman says was due to his continued use of offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media after making a ? joke on the July 30 episode of Raw.

The boisterous personality strongly feels his firing is unfair and that he is being subject to double standards by WWE, pointing out other similar offensive events where a talent was suspended at most. He wrote, “If I smoked ? or did steroids I’d get suspended but I made a joke and tweeted support Linda and I get fired. #Doesn’tAddUp #Hmmmmm.”

A.W. posted several fan remarks noting WWE’s double standards towardss offensive and inappropriate comments, including Tensai making stereotypical remarks about Japanese people last week on Tout, John Cena cracking homophobic insults on WWE programming, Randy Orton suggesting during a radio interview that Kelly Kelly had sexual relations with upwards of ten WWE Superstars, and Cena and Jerry “The King” Lawler hurling weight-related barbs toward Vickie Guerrero.

“They didn’t do ? to Randy Orton when he called Kelly Kelly a ? , you see the double standard? ? politics. #AWForLife.”

“Im a HUGE Cena fan, but Cena made fat jokes w/ King, genitalia jokes n ? jokes. Orton bashes K2, Vince mocks JR! #FuckUWWE”

“so stealing a car, having a yng girl trying to ? 3 guys at once and not to mntion the Tensai thing is ok, but no jokes? #BS”

A.W. continued to point out the hypocrisy in Vince McMahon mocking Jim Ross’ affliction with Bell’s palsy while simultaneously promoting the ‘be a STAR’ anti-bullying campaign; on the June 11 episode of Raw, the WWE Chairman donned a J.R.-style hat, mimicked Ross’ ? paralysis and yelled, “Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!” He re-tweeted, “So Vince can continually bash @JRsBBQ by teasing his ball palsy but yet your comments where deemed worse? Be a star my ass.” He then posted a photo of McMahon distorting his face to ridicule Ross, with the caption reading “MOCKING JR: QUALITY PG ENTERTAINMENT.”

A.W. also pointed out McMahon using a racial slur on WWE programming in 2006, and enclosed a link to footage of the segment. He noted via re-tweet, “VINCE MCMAHON CAN SAY THE “N” WORD ON NATIONAL T.V. BUT @AWPromotions CAN’T TELL A JOKE………….whats wrong with this picture???”

A.W. also feels it’s hypocritical that WWE would celebrate boxer Mike Tyson, who was convicted of ? in 1992 and sentenced to six years in prison. He re-tweeted, “You said one Kobe Bryant ? joke and you got fired. Isn’t Mike Tyson a convicted ? ? Yet he is in the HoF. Hypocrisy.” He then posted side-by-side images of himself and Tyson, with the caption over his photo reading “FIRED FROM WWE OVER ? JOKE” and a caption over the Tyson photo reading “CONVICTED ? – WWE HALL OF FAMER.”

A.W. plans to continue to “shoot” as he has set up a second Twitter account under his real name, Brian Jossie, at BJRatedR. He noted on the account, “Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to my ? non PG world!!! Where all bets are off and I tell it like it is. ? the ? , I’m legit!”
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^DEAD!!! LMAO!!!
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see AW going to TNA and bashing Vince and WWE like Austin used to bash WCW
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    wwe done released the wrong ? this time.....