NBA 2K13 Executive Produced By Jay-Z

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in IllGaming
NBA2K13_FOB_JZ_AGNOSTIC.jpg

Jay-Z Named As Executive Producer Of 2K Sports’ “NBA2K13″ Video Game
by JP DelaCuesta July 30th, 2012 @ 2:14pm

(AllHipHop News) It was revealed in a promotional video released earlier today (July 30) that Jay-Z will serve as the executive producer of 2K Sports’ upcoming NBA 2K13 game, which is set for release on October 2.
With his Roc Nation and Barclays Center endeavors at full steam, Jay-Z has added “Video Game Executive Producer” to a constantly expanding resume that also includes multi-platinum selling rapper, minority owner of the Brooklyn Nets, Director of the Brooklyn Arena Firm, and owner of the worldwide 40/40 nightclub chain.

Although the full extent of Jay-Z’s involvement with the game is unknown, NBA 2K13 will feature NBA superstars Blake Griffin, Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose on the cover.
In addition to his involvement with NBA 2K13, Jay-Z will be opening the Barclays Center in late September with a string of sold-out concerts. He is also currently at work on his untitled 12th solo studio album.

Check out the promo video below, courtesy of Life+Times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkkfIPHqn50

Comments

• focus
    Options
    Jay-Z Scores U2, Kanye West for 'NBA 2K13' Soundtrack
    by David Greenwald, L.A. | July 31, 2012 8:13 EDT

U2 will be rocking arenas in a whole new way this fall.

Jay brought a number of diverse artists to the game soundtrack, ranging from indie rock (Phoenix, ? Projectors) to electro (Daft Punk, Justice) to hip-hop, with classics such as Nas' "The World is Yours" and Eric B. and Rakim's "I Ain't No Joke" sharing time with a number of hits from Hov himself. The Throne collaborator Kanye West makes several appearances, with "Amazing," "We Major" and recent track "Mercy" -- and Coldplay adds to the arena-rock contingent with "Viva La Vida." It's the latest curatorial project for the MC, who is also directing the Philadelphia Made in America festival this September.

But according to Argent, Jay's involvement extended well beyond the music.

"Jay is completely obsessed with authenticity," he said. "So right off the bat, he said 'Look, I love this franchise and I love this game, but if you want me to be involved, I need to be truly involved. I want to actually help make this game."

The hip-hop mogul gave input on what Argent dubbed "what happens off the court," making his mark on intro and outro videos, game menus and more. Just don't look for a digital Jay sitting in the stands, cheering on his Brooklyn Nets.

"We wanted him to truly be involved from a behind-the-scenes production standpoint," Argent said. "[With] his involvement within the league, he brought such a level of understanding to what we were trying to accomplish… I think the final product will reflect that level of excitement that he had."

The game is due Oct. 2 from 2K Sports. See the "NBA 2K13" track list below.

The Hours - "Ali in the Jungle"
    Too Short - "Blow The Whistle (Main)"
    Eric B. and Rakim - "I Ain't No Joke"
    Phoenix - "1901"
    Jay-Z - "Pump It Up (Freestyle)"
    Puff Daddy and the Family - "Victory" (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes
    Daft Punk - "Around the World (Radio Edit)"
    Santigold - "Shove It" (feat. Spank Rock)
    Kanye West - "Amazing"
    Jay-Z - "Run This Town"
    The ? Projectors - "Stillness is the Move"
    Nas - "The World is Yours"
    Coldplay - "Viva La Vida"
    Roy Ayers - "We Live in Brooklyn, Baby"
    Justice - "Stress"
    Jay-Z - "The Bounce"
    Kanye West - "We Major" (feat. Nas & Really Doe)
    Mobb Deep - "Shook Ones, Pt. II"
    Meek Mill - "Ima Boss -- Instrumental"
    Kanye West - "Mercy" (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz)
    U2 - "Elevation"
    Jay-Z - "On to the Next One"
    Jay-Z - "Public Service Announcement"
    Jay-Z - "H.A.M. (Instrumental)"

Read more at http://www.billboard.com/news/jay-z-scores-u2-kanye-west-for-nba-2k13-1007713552.story#vUJlHF5Im0hMjTF1.99
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so thats thier selling point?.....buy the game cuz Jay-Z is executive producer?...interesting
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    so thats thier selling point?.....buy the game cuz Jay-Z is executive producer?...interesting
    Not really its a bonus for sure.. but 2k has aready been the greatest basketball series for a while now.. this adds another layer..
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nothing to do with gaming i bet.. all musical input.... and maybe have a performace in the nets arena in the game...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Track list wack as ? .
  • focus
    Options
    Track list wack as ? .

I think its dope, but...I haven't really played a sports game seriously since N64/PS2 days. How...exactly is a "tracklisting" incorporated into a Basketball game? Does it play during the game...or just in menus?
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @focus

The music will play as a playlist while you're in the menus and you can decide which songs you want to play. During the game different songs will play during various times of the game i.e. timeouts. The new feature I like is the ability to put your own music in the game for different situations. I have the NBA on NBC theme when halftime starts that gets me hyped for the second half.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Track list wack as ? .

Looks better than the last games soundtrack.

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, you can choose to play the soundtrack during the games , too if you want.