Is A Taser or Pepper Spray A Viable Option of Self Defense For A Man?

Options
Bully_Pulpit
Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Reading this article about these new IPhone cases got me to thinking bout this. Would it be considered ? for a man to defend himself in such ways as oppossed to using his fists or other modern weaponry? Here goes the article:

iPhone Case Turns Into A 650,000-Volt Stun Gun
Screen-shot-2012-07-24-at-3.05.41-PM-615x345.pngVideo camera. Still camera. Video editor. Handheld games console, music player, satellite navigation device, internet browser, radio, ebook reader. (Also, telephone.) But a 650,000-volt stun gun?

The iPhone is often said to have revolutionised the mobile phone market. Now, it’s about to take on a somewhat more alarming guise.

The Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case, designed “to be able to take down a fully grown, aggressive, adult male”, is heading to market, following an Indiegogo campaign inspired by one man’s real life assault.

Seth Froom, former military policeman and inventor of the Yellow Jacket, was the victim of a robbery at his Louisiana home last summer, during which his iPhone was stolen. It was a traumatic experience that “changed my life forever”, Froom says in a video accompanying his campaign.

But the trauma wasn’t all for naught. As it turns out, Froom had his Eureka moment while in contemplative mood following the attack.

“I thought of all the things I could have done differently, to prevent myself from becoming a victim,” Froom said.

“I thought of the firearms I had upstairs, which in the moment did nothing to protect me. I thought of the fake cellphone stun gun I had. This served no purpose as a phone and I never carried it around.

“I thought of my phone case itself that the robber had left behind on his way out. And that’s when the idea came to me.”

Now, Froom has a device that will enable him to fell an assailant even if his firearms and fake cell phone stun gun are beyond reach.
rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/24/iphone-case-turns-into-a-650000-volt-stun-gun/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Comments