Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1 Trailer (New DC Animated Film)

Options
12346»

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never read any novel or comics but i thought the ? was dope
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    best DC animated movie i've ever seen.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this movie made me hate superman for the first time in my life!
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    any one up for an animated version of dark knight strikes again? just kidding?
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Yea...we've been talking about it for a few pages already bruh lol.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked the second one a lot more than the first. Superman stays being used as a puppet.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    finally a real depiction of Brainiac check out the trailer (new Superman animated movie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpnT__PBd6Q

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    finally a real depiction of Brainiac check out the trailer (new Superman animated movie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpnT__PBd6Q

? looks dope and ive never been into Superman movies.....only thing is i dont see a attack of that magnitude happening and The JLA not jumping in and letting supes fight the invasion alone.

but ill still watch
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Looks like it's going to be dope.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah the animation looks crazy
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

1. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (Early 2013)

2. Lego Batman: DC Heroes Unite (Spring 2013; based on the Lego Batman video games)

3. Superman: Unbound (Summer 2013; adapting Geoff Johns' "Superman: Brainiac" story originally printed in Action Comics)

4. Justice League: Flashpoint (Fall 2013; "adapting the controversial DC Comics mini-series Flashpoint which launched the current The New 52 continuity for the publisher.")

Link: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2012/10/13/warner-home-video-announc es-superman-unbound-and-justice-league-flashpoint-for-dc-animated-univ erse-original-movie-2013-slate/

cant wait
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Finally got a chance to sit down and watch these joints. I read the novels so it's whatever but Superman stay selling out, Joker was dropping bodies, and I ? hate Carrie Kelley. Shout out to Green Arrow being like " ? all that ? you talking Bruce. If you going head' up with Supes, I want a piece." Next up is that Unbound joint and the Justice League one. Marvel need to step they animated movie game up
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvel aint dropped one in a minute did they give on their animated movies?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man as soon as joker heard that name this man just bugged out and was already scheming on how many people he could ?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was...........

......okay........pretty good. Coulda been way better.

i got this book damn near memorized so I noticed every little change lol. What I really didn't like was them almost never using Frank Miller's narration. Not hearing Batman's thoughts during the final battle is wack to me. Also, I peeped how Joker wasn't dropping dem Boy Scout bodies in a "Post-Newtown World" (? that phrase). And while I liked Peter Weller's performance..........he sounded like a straight ? during that speech idk how else to put it. That's the speech Batman is supposed to be screaming at an unruly gang on some hype 300/Ray Lewis ish, b. Instead he sounded like a awkward office worker. I couldn't take it seriously, I cringed.

CGI looked corny during the race car crash.

I will say this tho: I never in a million ? years thought they would have the ? to adapt Reagan's role. And boy did they. I was half expecting Killer Mike to start blastin lol. So they deserve a ton of credit for that if nothing else.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I finally took time to watch both flicks and I must say... this ? was cool overall but also partially idiotic from a storytelling standpoint. Everything was so rushed and crammed together. The Batman/Superman fight scene was cool, but that was the biggest storytelling issue.

I won't even get on the ? ass Joker. I guess they redeemed it a bit with him dropping major bodies but at the same time, he was still pretty fruity, coming off the first one I expected a better characterization.

The animation was nice, but why the female commissioner built like Batman? Why Batman built like Superman? This has always been a problem with me and DC comics. They draw all the heroes with the same body frame.

All in all they are about a 7/10. I think Under The Red Hood is a much better story and movie. Both flicks had some good action if you just sit back and watch it, but the problems I had with it just jumped out at me and I couldn't shake it.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, I just seen this ? and....

giphy.gif

Part 1 and 2
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh me too I just bought this not too long ago. Where the ? I been?!? Barman don't ? shiv b!
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options