• #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ATTS wrote: »
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

i get to do that in the 10th and 11th grades......then back to 12th grade public school.....it will be interesting to see the difference.....
    what really ? me off is that kid in the 4th grade didnt know the mulitplication table....4 times 4 is 8 he said.....I was like WTF?!?

There will be a difference...I went to private school from K-10th grade than public school for 11th and 12th...the difference in how easy public school was compared to private school was crazy...but I can honestly say I had guidance counselors in public school actually discouraging me from applying to schools despite the fact I had a 4.0 all of 11th grade and finished with a 3.75 when i graduated. I literally had one teacher tell me I should go into the trade program because despite my gpa i'd never get enough scholarship money to pay for college if I applied...? 's crazy how no ? are given in public schools especially towards young males

You must be Black. I had a teacher do me the same way but I hate everyone equally so I didn't give a ? what a teacher thought and did my own research and ? . Too many people linger on what others say. I was stone before I was 12. No ? is telling me what I am or who I will be.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    smh @ the ? suggesting to make 6 school days. My future children would ? in your bowl of cinnamon toast crunch.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Mussolini. You are a bit backwards.

You expect a kid who is 12/13 to remember or know who was running Italy in 193whenever vs knowing a bg time

musician millionaire and somebody they play on the radio and the television everyday. ? Please.

? ? and Truman too.
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Glad my son's in private school making straight A's post*
  • contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote:
    (an history class)

let me proofread your paper tho

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

i get to do that in the 10th and 11th grades......then back to 12th grade public school.....it will be interesting to see the difference.....
    what really ? me off is that kid in the 4th grade didnt know the mulitplication table....4 times 4 is 8 he said.....I was like WTF?!?

There will be a difference...I went to private school from K-10th grade than public school for 11th and 12th...the difference in how easy public school was compared to private school was crazy...but I can honestly say I had guidance counselors in public school actually discouraging me from applying to schools despite the fact I had a 4.0 all of 11th grade and finished with a 3.75 when i graduated. I literally had one teacher tell me I should go into the trade program because despite my gpa i'd never get enough scholarship money to pay for college if I applied...? 's crazy how no ? are given in public schools especially towards young males

It must depend on what private school and what public school then, because the private school I transferred from was 10times easier than public school.... but that probably had a lot to do with the fact that I stayed in AP and honors classes. If I would have played around in high school and stayed in the "normal" classes then maybe the difference wouldn't have been so big.

....But fact still remains, public school's opportunities > private school's opportunities (unless you're talking about prep schools), and funny enough the kids in private school are more troublesome. It seems like all the bad kids who have something to prove get sent to private school.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    it's no surprise since america is behind countries like mexico and estonia when it comes to education. how the hell are kids in practically a 3rd world country smarter than kids in "the greatest country in the world" smh.

America > Mexico and its not even close.

Hell why you think they all trying to get over here.
  • RXMasked
    RXMasked Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Will_89 wrote: »
    At this point, public schools aren't ? but daycares. Parents more concerned about behavior than whether a kid learned something

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know about you ? but I knew who the ? Mussolini was in 8th grade :/
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^me too that's why I'm not understanding why it's ok that they don't.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? tha public school system seems to be just fine

female teachers giving ? blow jobs and $80

? a bj, $80, and i pass the class

so you saying busting in a ? mouth at lunch time means a kid isnt ambitous

? math

tha ? can make up his own problems

if I ? ms.wallace on tuesday and wednesday but susie is giving me head on thursday, and a ? got a test friday

when can a ? study?

i rather solve that problem than anything math related
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    I don't know about y'all but I know alot of ? smart kids that go to public schools. Some of these ? are building computers and ? . ? Mussolini. These smart whipper snappers are looking towards the future.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2012
    Options
    rockets wrote: »
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

There is really no difference between public and private school. Take a bad kid and put him in private school and he will still be a bad kid. The school just has the option to kick him out. i public school does not. That is why they are so bad. Tending the students that disrupt the class and don't want to be there takes a lot of time away from others who want to learn. There are drug dealers, gangbangers and pregnant teens in private schools, therefore they can't and ARE NOT all that good.

@rockets Trust there's a difference between public and private schools. A big difference. I never said nor implied all kids in private schools are good so I don't know where you got that from. I'm talking about not only the quality of education but the quality of teachers and materials and resources that are available to the students. The high school I went to, I had a library that was stacked with computers. Public school I went to had 2 in the entire library. My guidance counselors in the private school I went to were having kids organize college tours by junior year and taking an PSAT and SAT prep course was a mandatory class you took as in your 2nd year or the 1st semester of your junior year and then 2nd of your junior year. Public school I went to the SAT prep course was an elective they offered one semester a year for half the semester at that. ? like that makes a big difference and those are just a couple examples. I could list plenty more.
  • blackrain
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

It must depend on what private school and what public school then, because the private school I transferred from was 10times easier than public school.... but that probably had a lot to do with the fact that I stayed in AP and honors classes. If I would have played around in high school and stayed in the "normal" classes then maybe the difference wouldn't have been so big.

....But fact still remains, public school's opportunities > private school's opportunities (unless you're talking about prep schools), and funny enough the kids in private school are more troublesome. It seems like all the bad kids who have something to prove get sent to private school.

I'm not saying all private school kids are angels because they're normal teenagers...but I can also say that when I was in private school I never see nowhere near the amount of fights I saw in public school. Fighting was normal in public school, ? rarely happened when I was in private school. ? as a matter of fact I was in 3 of the 4 total fights that happened at my school between my freshman and sophomore year lol That's 4 fights total at that school in 2 years. 4 fights was a slow week in public school, you could get that during the lunch periods alone in one day.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    Private School are like Church. Full of easy ? .
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i only know of the name "Mussolini" from 2Pac.

• SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    either way you're gonna have smart kids and dumb kids. Kids that don't give a ? and come from parents that don't give a ? . Kids that come from great households and excelling at a faster rate. Teachers that don't give a ? about them kids, and teachers that are super-passionate about their job and wanna make sure them kiddy boppers get the material before they move on to the next subject.

A lot of the time it's about dealing with the environment that will shape that kid, you want the school to mold that kid to knowing the best, from the teachers to the coaches, even to their parents that makes sure they do their homework n ? .

if you don't have that environment, the kid will potentially be screwed.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maryland School System FTW>>>>>>>>>>
  • LucasDaGod
    LucasDaGod Members Posts: 149
    Options
    I grew up in Silver Spring MD and I can't remember ? from school.......
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

There is really no difference between public and private school. Take a bad kid and put him in private school and he will still be a bad kid. The school just has the option to kick him out. i public school does not. That is why they are so bad. Tending the students that disrupt the class and don't want to be there takes a lot of time away from others who want to learn. There are drug dealers, gangbangers and pregnant teens in private schools, therefore they can't and ARE NOT all that good.

@rockets Trust there's a difference between public and private schools. A big difference. I never said nor implied all kids in private schools are good so I don't know where you got that from. I'm talking about not only the quality of education but the quality of teachers and materials and resources that are available to the students. The high school I went to, I had a library that was stacked with computers. Public school I went to had 2 in the entire library. My guidance counselors in the private school I went to were having kids organize college tours by junior year and taking an PSAT and SAT prep course was a mandatory class you took as in your 2nd year or the 1st semester of your junior year and then 2nd of your junior year. Public school I went to the SAT prep course was an elective they offered one semester a year for half the semester at that. ? like that makes a big difference and those are just a couple examples. I could list plenty more.
    @blackrain
    how old are you and where did you go to school?
  • blackrain
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

@blackrain
    how old are you and where did you go to school?

@Lurker6 I'm 26. I went to Bishop McNamara for 2 years and Crossland High School both in PG County, Maryland (not the super rich black folks driving a BMW part many think about) for high school then I went to Dickinson College for undergrad.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

@blackrain
    im askin because i went to public school........and its nothing like the bs u went to..... i have friends who went to private school and the only difference really is private schools have more money to devote to resources...i mean other then that my public school was how u described ur private school (went to school in south florida)....lol@ SAT prep being an elective wtf ...sound like they gave up on those kids
  • blackrain
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

@blackrain
    im askin because i went to public school........and its nothing like the bs u went to..... i have friends who went to private school and the only difference really is private schools have more money to devote to resources...i mean other then that my public school was how u described ur private school (went to school in south florida)....lol@ SAT prep being an elective wtf ...sound like they gave up on those kids

That ? was terrible how they tried to discourage so many kids from going to college. Literally more than half my high school was in the trade program because we just kept being told "College isn't an option"...? was hard as hell to get a teacher or guidance counselor to put some real effort into actually helping you research and find out about different colleges if you did really want to go and had the grades to do so. I know not all public schools are bad, but the one I went to and the ones I was surrounded by were pretty ? . Unless you got into what's known as a Magnet School program you pretty much were left to fend for yourself if you didn't want to go through the trade program