Greed,Scandal Aids & homosexuality in the Black Church

heyslick
heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
edited August 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
So who's to blame for the actions of these individuals

http://panachereport.com/channels/hip hop gallery/AIDSINTHEBLACKCHURCH.htm

Comments

• heyslick
    Queerness in the Black Community: The African-American Attitude Towards Homosexuality
    Posted on October 27, 2011 by missnyss52

My archival project will analyze and examine queerness in the Black community with a focus on the general African-American attitude towards homosexuality. While discussing and analyzing certain readings for class, the topic of queerness with regard to race came up. Unfortunately our conversations were not that invasive therefore we never fully got the chance to fully investigate the matter. My archival project will attempt to investigate where the negative attitude towards ? and queerness originates.

I found that there are three main issues that reside in the black communities attitude towards homosexuality.

First, there is the issue concerning the influence of the Black Church. A majority of Black ministers view homosexuality as going against the teachings of the Bible and immoral. While there are a few ministers that have a positive or more open view of homosexuality, most do not accept it within the institution of the church. Second is the importance placed on masculinity within the Black community. Masculinity, or machismo, is highly valued in the Black community as an indication of the male sex role. A large percentage of Black males see homosexuality as a threat to their masculinity. According to ? men, straight males are very insecure in their masculinity and assume that being ? automatically makes them less of a man and detracts from their maleness. Third is the issue concerning the affect of homosexuality on the structure of the Black family. The family holds an important role in the community. Among members of the Black community there is the contention that homosexuality is detrimental to family life.

I chose to investigate the Black community and media because of how highly discouraged and unacceptable it is in this specific community to be anything but straight, especially among the males. Black masculinity has developed hypersensitive attitudes towards homosexuality. It is generally (and perhaps wrongly) accepted that a man cannot be ? and at the same time still be masculine. I would like to first and foremost know where black hyper masculinity originated. Are there other reason for such dislike and disgust of queerness in the Black community? How does the media portray ? black males, if at all? Will this attitude towards queerness ever change? Where do you find black ? ? Is it becoming more acceptable to be black and ? ?

I plan to search for things to put in my archive in books, images, newspaper articles, magazine articles, movies, interviews, songs, posters, and other items I find pertaining to my topic of choice.

Romney, Thomas. “Black Homophobia.” Blacklight. 2009. Web. 27 Oct. 2011. <http://www.blacklightonline.com/phobia2.html>.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • heyslick
    VIBE wrote: »
    1063867_o.gif

OK

when you you and yours STFUP about who's responsibility for the actions of said individuals - & I'm sick and tired of hearing about nothing is the black man fault or blaming others for black peoples internal issues.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm OUTRAGED!!!11111

Wait..not really. That's what happens when people don't live in reality. The worst thing about a black ? preacher is that he's a preacher.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ you getting all that ? from a gossip/blind item site.

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @heyslick you is like your ancestors who had a sick obsession of the black man manhood
  • heyslick
    waterproof wrote: »
    @heyslick you is like your ancestors who had a sick obsession of the black man manhood

If I were? shouldn't I be out there ? your women - apparently that aspect of History that you and yours love to dwell in hasn't repeated itself - yet to this day and within this site I've seen many claim that white men/boys been ? your women for 600 years -- HUH! BTW there's lot of things that you and yours still cling to and think that white people are still doing to you and yours - BUT guess what you and yours get all hyped up and in the long run you look like fools & clowns. Oh well you can always blame whitey for it - or like Flip Wilson did 'the devil made me do it' how ironic that FW knew things that so many of you refuse to see - and saw it decades ago. WOW! here we are in 2012 and you and yours are still in denial about them down low boys of yours - LOL!

• G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a problem man.... like seriously something has to be wrong with you.
  • heyslick
    thesiah91 wrote: »
    You have a problem man.... like seriously something has to be wrong with you.

Nope - when someone sees endless innuendos and insults about there own, and folks constantly berate someone else's family - it's YOU who has the problem.