My Quest to Read All X-Men Related Comics in Order from Beginning to Present time

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This arc is still my current favorite as of right now though...

X-Force #51
    First of all this is just funny to me. The way he's standing is pretty ? , though the way Siryn got her ? out for him it might be consensual. ? save yourself for Deadpool!

2h2mjht.jpg

Other than that, Warpath meets with some mystery girl named Risque who kisses him and leaves. I think this person is going to be important as there is a good amount of info on her wiki page.

And lastly, Boom-Boom who is now Boomer has now changed her name again to Meltdown. I like that name better, but the ? haircut she gave herself is pretty wack.

35lcdpz.jpg

so gambit is a ? ?
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolverine #97-98
    First we meet this chick named Chimera who is gathering information on Wolverine for some unknown person. She seems like she could be pretty powerful, so we'll see.

33465bs.jpg

Next issue Logan wakes up ? as ? in his favorite bar in Madripoor, but all his friends are dead. I thought it must be a dream cuz they wiped out like every Madripoor character lol. Summary of that = several of Patch's friends are slain inside Patch's bar. This includes Rose and Richard O'Donnel, the latter being a former operator of the bar. This is the result of General Nguyen Ngoc Coy and Madripoor's ruler, Prince Baran. The two wished to frame Wolverine for the crimes and then have him secretly killed in the basement of the police station run by Chief Tai. Logan escapes and kills the goons sporting artificial claws that committed the murder. To save himself Baran kills Coy. Wolverine rescues Archie from Abdul Alhazred, who is trying to take control of Tiger Tyger. The crime lord Tiger Tyger, AKA Jessan Hoan, shoots Prince Baran in the back, having returned from murdering Police Chief Tai.

Well damn Gucci. I guess Tiger Tyger got it pretty easy in Madripoor now.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    edited August 2012
    X-Man #13
    Nate comes in contact with Threnody, a mutant who has been in servitude of Mr Sinister but has recently escaped. He saves her from the Marauders and kills all of them but one, sending this one back to Sinister with a memory implant of the Marauders dying as well as Threnody. Cable is still on a mission to find Nate Grey.

X-Men Unlimited #10
    Dark Beast takes Beast prisoner.
  • El Payaso
    El Payaso Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    I just read a series of deadpool comics where he was trying to join the x-men.
    My favorite series of comics ever without teen aged mutated turtle ninjas.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    edited August 2012
    X-Men v2 #50
    Cyclops, Storm, Iceman & Wolverine are assaulted and teleported to some strange reality. They are confronted by a huge being named Post who claims to be an extension of Onslaught's power and is there to test them. They work together to defeat him and are transported back to the Mansion where the psionic form of Onslaught greets the whole team and tells them he will remold the entire world.

This is the dude Post:
    2ivobwo.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #331
    Iceman was injured in the battle vs Onslaught and was afraid to return back to human form. He confronted Emma Frost and demanded to know what she did to his powers in his body and how to save himself. When he captured her with his ice powers, she telepathically showed him his insecurities. Iceman realized that Emma was right and managed to transform back to his human body with his chest fully intact.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    X-Man #12 & Excalibur #95
    Nate Grey visits Muir Island as Rogue suggested to him and after scanning a part of Moira MacTaggart's mind, he sees that she is in cahoots with Charles Xavier and that he will die before he is 21. With this bit a information he lashes out and attacks Excalibur, stopping only after Moira gives him some harsh words. He finally listens and learns that they are all there to help him, but also that he was designed to die before he is 21 years old due to the extensive toll his powers take on him.

@Jaxn yeah you right, this arc is sick.

it gets better too
  • SunflowaSeeds
    edited August 2012
    X-Force #52 & 53
    Domino, Meltdown & Siryn go scouting to find out if a certain Sentinel project is still not up and running, which it isn't but they find the Blob who has apparently learned new ways to manipulate his mutant power. Meltdown also has more control over her powers (due to her name change I guess? lol) and defeats him, however he is rescued by Mimic who claims "their boss will not be happy" (Onslaught?).

Also, Susnpot witnesses an explosion at Gideon's building and finds out he's dead, which makes no sense to him because Externals aren't supposed to die. The other Externals attack thinking Sunspot has killed Gideon, and X-Force arrives to save him. Warpath stumbled upon another dead External, Saul, and is attacked by the woman who is behind it all. We don't see who it is by I'm pretty sure its Selene who is also an External.
  • jaxn
    you're making me want to pull the books back out..nice analysis btw
  • SunflowaSeeds
    ^thank you sir. And word lol that was part of why I made this thread, I know I got some of y'all reminiscing and ? . My analysis' are very to the point, I don't wanna go overboard on the details of each issue, just the important stuff.

Damn I'm reading a lot today, got an hour before work so might as well keep going. I wanna get to this Onslaught saga that's coming up.

Cable #30-31 & X-Man #14
    Cable finally tracks down Nate Grey who has arrived at Cable's secret base in the Swiss Alps. Obviously X-Man does not trust him and winds up destroying the house, which was built to withstand any attack. Only Nate Grey is left at the end, who is then approached by Exodus, one of Magneto's former followers in Avalon. They battle each other, but when Exodus speaks the name of Apocalypse he ? Nate off to another level, won't even describe it... this is how he handles Exodus, as Cable watches on in horror:

v8db7.jpg

In the conclusion of this mini-saga, Cable and Nate finally fight and it seems to be going no where until Nate overextends his powers, nearly killing himself (he also causes a pain in any known telepath across the world: Charles, Jean Grey, Psylocke, etc). Cable is able to tap into his brain and find Nate who finally trusts him and Cable saves his life. I guess Nate is starting to see that everyone else is right.
  • jaxn
    Onslaught is one of the best comic arcs ever
  • SunflowaSeeds
    edited August 2012
    ^I think I'll be up to it within 2 days.

X-Force #54
    So I was right, Selene killed the Externals, actually pretty much all of them, by draining their life energies. Now she, Cannonball (if he really is one) & Apocalypse are the only Externals left. The X-Force team actually gets arrested and interrogated for it, but Charlotte Jones eventually lets them go. Somebody from Operation: Zero Tolerance threatens her for allowing them to leave, foreshadowing most likely. I think that's the next arc after Onslaught.

Off to work now.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Ahh ? , the Wolverine series just got real as ? .

Wolverine #99-100
    Wolverine is transported to Akkaba, which is where Genesis & the Dark Riders hold their base. He is then ambushed by them and placed in a tank where they plan to bond him with Cyber's left over adamantium and erase his memory. Cannonball and Expiditer (Of Landau Luckman & Lake) watch in the shadows waiting to strike. During the bonding process, Cannonball can take it no longer. He manages to damage the bonding apparatus but is quickly taken out by the Dark Riders. Logan wills the adamantium out of his system, and pieces of it fly out of him killing Hurricane & Lifeforce. Cannonball brings Wolverine to the citadel where Genesis plans to bring Apocalypse back to life. The Dark Riders chase after him and Logan kills them one by one, Spyne, Deadbolt & Gauntlet. Cannonball opens Apocalypse's coffin which is empty, and right after this Wolverine kills Genesis telling Sam to tell Cable he is sorry.

Lol @ this picture, Cannonball got the ? kicked out of him.
    29xudso.jpg

So yeah, Wolverine is apparently full-blown insane at the moment. Some guy named Stick sends Elektra to go help him, and that was the final page of the 100th issue.
  • jaxn
    Stick is the one who trained Daredevil to be a mystical ninja ? ..Stick is the original ninja ? ..he's blind like Daredevil
  • SunflowaSeeds
    ^Oh iight thanks, so I guess he trained Elektra too?

Excalibur #96-98
    We find out that Black Air has an alliance with the London branch of the Hellfire Club. Captain Britain takes his place as the Black Bishop when Shinobi Shaw tells him that Mountjoy has infiltrated the club. Black Air then takes Douglock hostage and begins dissecting him, therefore Excalibur goes to war with them, taking out one of their bases of operation.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    X-Men v2 #51-52
    Professor X fixes cerebro and detects a very high mutant presence in New Jersey. Bishop, Gambit and Beast (who is actually Dark Beast in disguise) go track it down. Turns out a mutagenic disease has been let out infecting many humans, and Sinister is behind it. He kidnaps the three of them, but they escape. During their capture, Dark Beast notices a strange possible connection between Gambit & Sinister.

Also, Graydon Creed announces he will run for President.
  • jaxn
    yep, he trained Elektra as well
  • SunflowaSeeds
    edited August 2012
    X-Factor #122-123
    Mystique goes off looking for an unknown person who tried to ? her earlier. X-Factor goes after her and they head for the US / Canadian border, to a secret Government facility. Mystique meanwhile finds the Government facility full of murdered scientists. Mystique is apprehended by Sabretooth who has been lurking around the facility. They battle, and eventually Mystique is rendered unconscious. X-Factor comes to her defense and Valerie finally admits to the team that Sabretooth is the newest member. Suddenly Sabretooth lunges at some giant mutant hound, who is apparently behind all the murders. He is quickly defeated as Polaris uses her powers to her full extent, trapping the hound under rubble. Forge gets to work tapping into the buildings computer and finds that Rory Campbell (from excalibur series) is somehow involved. Black Op agents show up and a man named Gladstone tells Valerie to let it go as the whole mysteries operation is way over their heads, and they all leave.

Graydon Creed’s campaign for President of the United States receives a large sum of money from someone within the Government, and Graydon is warned that Mystique is going to be kept alive to keep him in check. Two days later, Valerie and Senator Kelly travel to the location of the Government facility on the border, only to find the whole place is gone, replaced by farms.

^I'm thinking this is all apart of that Operation: Zero Tolerance thing that keeps getting hinted at. Either way, X-Factor is picking up, it used to be one of the boring ones IMO. I'd probably say my least favorite right now is Excalibur.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Wolverine #103
    Elektra trains Wolverine to bring him out of his animal-state. He's back to speaking full sentences now lol.
    Cool picture:
    34nf9ls.jpg
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Generation-X #12-17
    All of the Gen X Members are taken by Emplate, their arch-enemy, with the exception of M, who Emplate calls his sister. Emplate pulls together a group he calls his Hellions consisting of Bulwark, Vincente, Murmur and Gayle Edgerton. M manages to contact the X-Men and Bishop arrives. Generation X is able to escape from Emplate, but not before he is able to turn Synch into a monster like him. When he tries to absorb M, it is too much for him and they subdue him before he does any real damage.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Uncanny X-Men #33
    The "prologue" to the Onslaught Saga is underway.
    Jean & Gambit sneak into the pentagon to hear a meeting about the threat of mutants in which the mystery man named Bastion speaks about Operation: Zero Tolerance as well as the threat of Onslaught. He finishes the meeting by pulling a gun on Gambit & Jean, who is shocked to learn her TK powers don't work on him. Suddenly the soldiers are all put to sleep and Jean is mentally contacted by Onslaught who tells her to consider it a gift.

When Senator Kelly invited Cyclops over to a meeting, a bomb which was set by Graydon Creed goes off before he can tell Cyclops too much information. #FuckSnitches

X-Force #55
    X-Force helps Cyclops escape from a S.H.I.E.L.D. after being taken prisoner for the "assassination attempt" on Senator Kelly.

Warpath is alive after disappearing during the Selene/Externals battle. Dude looks ? with his double earring ? , but apparently he is getting it in with this Risque ? .

2rpe739.jpg
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a dope ass! My first time in...I will be back frequently!
  • SunflowaSeeds
    edited August 2012
    X-Man #15-17
    Onslaught comes through and demolishes Sebastian Shaw & Tessa easily, the latter's psi-ability having no affect on him. He then offers Holocaust more power than he can imagine if he brings him Nate Grey.

Meanwhile, Madelyn Pryor, who has been staying with Selene, finds a secret room in her house where Selene stores bodies after sucking the life-energy from them. Strangely, Madelyn is not disturbed by this at all. Selene sends her to meet with Trevor Fitzroy, and when she lures him outside Selene takes his life energy, killing him. Good, he's a fagboy with green hair.

Holocaust and Nate Gray battle, and some innocents die in the middle of it, but the fight ends when Holocaust grabs Threnody and Nate gives himself up. It was a trick though, surprise surprise, and Nate eventually sends Holocaust on his way after breaking through his mask/helmet thing.

Cable #33
    Cable goes investigating the Baltimore Harbor where Blaquesmith's ship exploded and is currently presumed to be dead. Cable finds out that Onslaught's herald, Post, is behind and and we see a backflash revealing the past history between Post & Cable: Kevin Tremain was a mutant captured and studied by the Mandarin. On a secret mission, the Six Pack attacked the secret base Tremain was held in. Tremain was mortally injured; Cable tried to save his life, first by using his telekinesis to keep Tremain's body together, and finally by giving him a blood transfusion. Kevin Tremain is now Post, and he beats the ? out of Cable, but not before Cable learns of some missing piece to the Onslaught puzzle before he passes out.
    qqv91d.jpg
  • SunflowaSeeds
    edited August 2012
    X-Force #56
    Deadpool in this issue, GOAT. Siryn and Shatterstar go to save him from the Wiesman Institute. After they rescue him, Siryn finds out that Gamesmater was secretly using Mrs. Weisman as a host body to play another one of his games. After he is free, Deadpool sneaks in a kiss with Siryn lol.

Shatterstar learns from Gamesmaster that his real name is Benjamin Russel and his whole "Shatterstar" life was made up as some sick game played by Gamesmaster.

X-Men v2 #53
    FIRST FULL APPEARANCE OF ONSLAUGHT:

5e8wex.jpg

Damn son, Onslaught is a beast yo. He just put Jean Grey through some ? . He brings her to the astral plane out of nowhere and starts preaching about humans and their hypocritical ways, something Jean is already familiar with and learned to cope with. However, he then brings her into the mind of Charles Xavier and reveals to her the fact that Professor X used to be in love with Jean when the X-Men first came together. EXPOSED!!!!

2rca9lc.jpg

Meanwhile, in Colorado at Angel's home where Psylocke is recuperating, Juggernaut randomly crash lands. He has some important news he needs to tell the X-Men, but some mental block is preventing him from revealing it, so he gives up and starts walking to Xavier's mansion.

Jean then denies teaming up with Onslaught, and he angrily sends her back to earth with his name inscribed on her forehead, lol G ? yo.

2eq3s0i.jpg

• SunflowaSeeds
    Excalibur #99
    Damn all the series are heating up right now, even this which is my least favorite.
    After raiding the Black Air files, they come up with several connections to the Hellfire Club. Peter Wisdom contacts an old friend from Intel and sends him the files. He tells him to make back up copies and expose these secrets to anyone he can, and let it be known that Excalibur uncovered them. The Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club, London Branch holds an emergency meeting where Red and Black are fighting with each other over the stages of the plan, as the Reds proceeded with it without contacting the Blacks. They go to Black Air HQ, where the Red King shows the Black King and Queen their new power link to the source beneath London – Douglock. Brian, more concerned about the shapeshifter Mountjoy acquiring the power source, decides to become Captain Britain again. Elsewhere the Black Queen is visited by Onslaught, while the Red Queen and King begin the next stage of their plan. Revealing to be Margali Szardos, which is Amanda Sefton's mother, in disguise, she summons power from the source beneath London, which is actually a demon. The demon is stringer than Margali and takes over her soul. No longer imprisoned it unleashes its power upon the people of London, who begin to riot and destroy their city. London goes up in flames.

nwhcb6.jpg
  • SunflowaSeeds
    X-Men Unlimited #11
    Rogue has been living in South Carolina with a human family, up until the woman goes to Humanity's Last Stand to snitch on her being a mutant. Bastion comes through and takes her prisoner, threatening to frame her for the murder of many humans. However, Joseph, the man who seems to be Magneto with no memory of his former life, comes and saves her. They head to Xavier & the X-Men to help figure out what's going down with Joseph.