Missy Elliott Says She Had "No Clue" About Aaliyah Album

Options
1235»

Comments

• MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I am not a fan of this project. Timbo & Missy should definitely be involved, I'd like to see R. Kelly involved as well.

From a business perspective, it'd be a terrible move to not include Tim and Missy on this project. THough you have to remember when label politics get involved it's not always as easy as "Let's go in the studio and make some music to put out"...
    Oh I get the politics.

That said, even though I have pretty much been in love with Aaliyah since Back & Forth was released I won't cop this album.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I'm disturbed by all this.

Jews do whatever they like, what a sucker punch to her legacy. Its almost as asinine as Eminem exec producing a 2pac record.

I agree. Can the Dead rest in peace? Cot damn

• Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    explain to me why missy and tim just have to be on the record if it comes out? obviously they have no legal say so as far as aaliyahs vocals go....because they were friends? ok well....when's the last time missy or tim had anything hot out?

all i know is that i hear and see drake everywhere now...i think this will do better without them involved...these young kids are more likely to listen/buy with drake being involved than with missy/tim...

the only people making noise are older people...but who cares what they think...they aint buying records anyway
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    explain to me why missy and tim just have to be on the record if it comes out? obviously they have no legal say so as far as aaliyahs vocals go....because they were friends? ok well....when's the last time missy or tim had anything hot out?

all i know is that i hear and see drake everywhere now...i think this will do better without them involved...these young kids are more likely to listen/buy with drake being involved than with missy/tim...

the only people making noise are older people...but who cares what they think...they aint buying records anyway

and my generation buys records? foh.
  • BIGbaddBLACK
    BIGbaddBLACK Members Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Missy and Tim knew her, they knew her joys and pains in the studio, the reason she sang this song a certain way or that song a certain way. It just makes sense for Drake to at least get some kinda advice if he really wanted to do her justice with the this album.