Yo IllTek, Portable internet services for my Ipod?

Options

Comments

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Not sure, I guess whatever OS came on the phone. I haven't updated it because my last EPIC bricked after I did a system update.

when did you get it?? 9 times outta 10 you atleast have gingerbread if you got it recently
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    look at Uptown, the ? that said "its called a Iphone" need all the answers now lol
    wth are you talking about ? i know why the hot spot wont work

smh at you not having 199 for an iphone

I got enough money to have yo big head ass shrink to fit yo body nh
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure, I guess whatever OS came on the phone. I haven't updated it because my last EPIC bricked after I did a system update.

when did you get it?? 9 times outta 10 you atleast have gingerbread if you got it recently

My original EPIC bricked a few weeks ago, I've had the new one for about 3 weeks.

• UPTOWN
    Options

My original EPIC bricked a few weeks ago, I've had the new one for about 3 weeks.

yeah ... its atleast gingerbread

maybe ill upgrade and try it

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have an Evo 4G and will NEVER accept the update they try to push. The last time I did such a thing, they transferred my PRL to some janky cell tower and I had terrible service in my home ever since. I basically had those punks at the Sprint store restore my ? to where it was before the install and now I'm back to great service.

As for FoxFi, MAGNIFICENT app. Just going to http://foxfi.com doesn't work on the phone because Sprint blocked it. There is another site that Sprint hasn't blocked, http://foxfi.com/bin/ , and it has a 3-step instruction plus the download link to get the app. It took about 10 seconds for everything to download and install.

This is an excellent drop, saves $30 on a monthly for something that should be free.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    i have an Evo 4G and will NEVER accept the update they try to push. The last time I did such a thing, they transferred my PRL to some janky cell tower and I had terrible service in my home ever since. I basically had those punks at the Sprint store restore my ? to where it was before the install and now I'm back to great service.

As for FoxFi, MAGNIFICENT app. Just going to http://foxfi.com doesn't work on the phone because Sprint blocked it. There is another site that Sprint hasn't blocked, http://foxfi.com/bin/ , and it has a 3-step instruction plus the download link to get the app. It took about 10 seconds for everything to download and install.

This is an excellent drop, saves $30 on a monthly for something that should be free.

Word???

Can you grab you phone real quick, click menu, go to settings, scroll down to "about phone", and click "software information"

It will tell you what android version you have

Should say android 2.3.3 or something to that effect. Can you post what it says so I can try to use whatever one you're using??

Good looks....
  • Mally_G
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I haven't accepted any update pushes in over a year, I refuse after what happened last time. Plus, that one defective push caused my phone to go into a boot loop, and basically locked it. ? Sprint and their pushes, never again.

Android Version

Baseband version

Kernel version
    2.6.35.10-gc0a661b

Build number
    4.24.651.1 CL61076 release-keys

Software number

PRI Version
    2.15_003

PRL Version

If you go to the http://foxfi.com/bin site, before doing so, go to the Applications menu on your phone and check UNKNOWN SOURCES before downloading the app. This will assure you are able to download the app.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    I'm sure I have 2.3.3

I'm gonna look into this more in about 20 mins. Good looks mally g
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    I haven't accepted any update pushes in over a year, I refuse after what happened last time. Plus, that one defective push caused my phone to go into a boot loop, and basically locked it. ? Sprint and their pushes, never again.

Android Version

Baseband version

Kernel version
    2.6.35.10-gc0a661b

Build number

Software number

PRI Version
    2.15_003

PRL Version

If you go to the http://foxfi.com/bin site, before doing so, go to the Applications menu on your phone and check UNKNOWN SOURCES before downloading the app. This will assure you are able to download the app.

hold up!!! what version of foxfi do you have??? i have 1.91.3
  • Mally_G
    Options

Android Version

Baseband version

Kernel version
    2.6.35.10-gc0a661b

Build number

Software number

PRI Version
    2.15_003

PRL Version

hold up!!! what version of foxfi do you have??? i have 1.91.3

that's what I have, 1.91.3. i DL'd it from the /bin site on my phone. then i accepted the install and it's installed in less than 10 secs. It works for me and everyone else i told about it TODAY.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Att sent me a text talking bout I need to pay for teathering and a I been using it for free.
  • Mally_G
    edited August 2012
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    Att sent me a text talking bout I need to pay for teathering and a I been using it for free.

So you're saying that ATT has been monitoring your activity using the app and contacted you to pay them something for using a free app?

Even though you didn't alter the hardware or software of the device, they want you to pay?

What you tell them.......? I would have text them back, STOP, so I wouldn't receive any more texts from them. Shut up and leave me alone.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options

So you're saying that ATT has been monitoring your activity using the app and contacted you to pay them something for using a free app?

Even though you didn't alter the hardware or software of the device, they want you to pay?

What you tell them.......? I would have text them back, STOP, so I wouldn't receive any more texts from them. Shut up and leave me alone.

Nah I have a custom rom installed and I been using att mobile AP feature.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    Can't get by the WiFi hotspot block

I have no idea why. I've searched but no one else seems to have this problem. I'm assuming something else is in the way.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have no idea why. I've searched but no one else seems to have this problem. I'm assuming something else is in the way.

damn...you still aint get it to work?......smh
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

I can't see why dudes works and not mine. We got all the same specs
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    ^^ Try using wifi
  • wilberdmillz
    Options

Didn't you say your phone was rooted?
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ Try using wifi

yeah uptown....try downloading with wifi......
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    if you can't get that to work try pdanet, I don't think it has wifi though so you'd have to connect your phone to your cpu/laptop.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    ^^ Try using wifi

what do you mean ... turn my wi fi to "on" after its installed and then activate foxfi???
  • UPTOWN
    Options

Didn't you say your phone was rooted?

nah its not rooted

i never even updated since i got it

i put the specs up a few posts back
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    ^^ Try using wifi

yeah uptown....try downloading with wifi......

WORD!!!!
    i def downloaded it thru the regular sprint data

hope that didnt put the permanent block on it. im about to try that ?
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    if you can't get that to work try pdanet, I don't think it has wifi though so you'd have to connect your phone to your cpu/laptop.

thats what ive been ? with for the longest

? puts a hurting on your usb cord which hurts keeping your phone charged
    i hate waking up in the morning and my cord is a little off to the left or some ? and then the phone didnt charge all night LOL
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    hot spot block still there

i guess they either blocked it or i put the block on my phone by using the sprint data to download it the first time